[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Quoting myself because I summed up my feelings about the update earlier today.

“I think a lot of people were using her as a jack-of-all-trades healer before, and now that she’s more of a single use healer (like the others) it’s very jarring to adjust to the new changes.”

She plays like a new hero, and since most people are used to the old playstyle of mercy, it’s extremely jarring and is making her much less enjoyable to play.

32 Likes

How about buffing alittle the flying speed of Valkyrie, and when focused on a person, he will be healed faster but at the cost of the others around the focused target’s healing that will be slow?

6 Likes

As somebody that doesn’t play Mercy, but has a lot of Mercy Mains as friends, I understand their frustrations when the say Mercy doesn’t feel fun to play anymore. Right now she almost seems like a heal bot, and I don’t think that is ideal when fun is factored in. So, if the devs every change her again, they should look into making her more fun to play without making her drastically OP like before.

92 Likes

They nerfed the speed of Valkyrie because it was making her hard to hit coupled with her fast health regen. So no, they won’t be boosting the flying speed. Unless they remove the fast health regen anyway.

10 Likes

Mercy ult is no fun. Yes I agree she is op before. But now… just answer me ,you like more ,SURRENDER TO MY WILL" and kill and heal or ,I WILL WATCH OVER YOU" and… fly away to the horizon?

55 Likes

I think she should have a LOS Burst Heal that immediately heals anyone in her sight to 100% HP. Almost like a Zen ult but without having to physically move towards teammates. Would be in line with her “Heroes never die!” quote, and would probably pacify the people angry about resurrection. There’s a reason why it’s not instant despite the long cool-down. This would be a neat ult in my opinion, works similar to her original but exchanges the act of resurrection with instead preventing death by that burst of instant health. Super useful, especially to tanks.

Edit: ClaritySoul added the idea of a cleanse and avoiding all CC for a short period of time. Or instead of a 100% health boost, 200% for a short period of time. I guess similar to how Lucio’s ult “increases” HP by adding shields. :grinning:

20 Likes

Although I’m kind of glad that Mercy’s latest nerf isn’t too bad (I’m still rooting for team mass Rez tho) and that she’s an “okay” hero for now, her ult just seems so boring and unimpactful. Literally just an ability with a very long cooldown.

imho it would be so much better if they increased her healing from 60/HPS main beam to 80-90 HPS so that her ult would have a little bit more “umph” in it. It could help her sustain team fights better and would be stronger and more intimidating.

And a single insta Rez would be good too :):sweat_smile:

118 Likes

Yeah, deleted my previous thread. Read it as Moira I guess.

3 Likes

I dont’ play her anymore, so I can’t say too much… but the ult definitely seems underwhelming, especially when you consider she can rez outside of ult now.

34 Likes

When I use her ult, it does not even feel like an ultimate anymore. More like an ability. Atleast make her rez 2 people when she use her ult (like in previous update, im talking, you have 1 rez, but when you use your ultimate, you will get an additional rez), It just feels like her kit is ruined now.

55 Likes

I play mercy more than before the last nerf, i mostly moira main, and i dont know im ok with her ult were it is but yeah it will nice if it heals more of if it did powerup the damage a little at the same time so its more impactful but no never again insta rez… Never again

4 Likes

Actually, I kind of like that her 2 insta rez on ult is gone since that was the most annoying part playing against her. Before the nerf, I used to save my ultimate to resurrect two people the on team when we’re down 2 picks. Now, I can use it freely whether it be defensively, offensively or reactively. But it still feels underwhelming.

14 Likes

Mercy’s ult is fine, sure it feels a bit underwhelming but the fact that it granted an extra res was the what was making mercy annoying.

Think of it this way. It’s basically a two-in-one ultimate since it can heal like transcendence as well as damage amp which is exactly like Orisas supercharger.

10 Likes

Except Mercy has 30% damage boost and Orisa has 50%. They are not the same in terms of power.

48 Likes

Yes. I agree, but should they at least amp up her healing and dmg boost? It should be enough to at least not be “out damaged” by a lot of abilities in game. Her ult should feel powerful but I’m not getting that “powerful” vibe when I use Valkyrie.

27 Likes

Mercy’s ult is definitely not bad. Has potential healing of 300 hps(not counting your passive regen), puts you out of danger by allowing flying movement and the damage boost is definitely not to be underrated. 30% on your entire team is a big deal.

The problem I have with it is how boring it feels to use these days. It used to be somewhat dynamic in how you used it as you would swoop down to res someone and go back up. Anytime I use it post-nerf I find myself flying to the least dangerous area and sticking around for 15 seconds unless someone is way out of position.

9 Likes

Isn’t it funny how what people considered to be the most powerful ult in the entire game at one point has now been reduced to what a lot of people now believe to be one of the most lacklustre?

How did it all go so wrong :smile:

64 Likes

Honestly it’s a pretty good ult and gives the team a good advantage for a long time. My problem with it though is that it’s so unfun to play as and play against.

As Mercy you just have to fly as high as you can while strafing and there’s really not much variety besides that. When you’re fighting her you either have to look up and try to hit a mobile Mercy or engage in a team fight that you’re in a disadvantage with.

8 Likes

I want to EARN rez,not get it for free each 30 seconds

Rez as an ult seems like a novel idea

78 Likes

her ult is mostly good for starting a push… dmg boosting.

valk is useless against any burst dmg ultimates.

9 Likes