[Mercy] SingleRez = 3sec cast

Mercy

Caduceus Staff: Resurrection

• By healing a soul of a dead teammate for 3 seconds, that teammate is resurrected.

Saw a couple variations on this idea. This one would be a flat amount of time to rez, as opposed to dependant on the hp of the target.

Longer cast time than current, but you can heal a teammate at a distance from cover. And there’s no movement speed penalty.

Now: 1.75sec cast, 5m range, 75% slow
This: 3.00sec cast, 15m range, no slow

1 Like

ok you want increase 2 seconds standing still to 3 seconds ?

may I ask why ?

1 Like

I think we need to fix her heals. I really dont care about rez anymore. Give me my 60hps back so my teamates dont die. You dont feel safe around your mercy anymore.

2 Likes

Now: 1.75sec cast, 5m range, 75% slow
This: 3sec cast, 15m range, no slow

Hell no.
Res shouldn’t be this easy to achieve. This would be more OP than Valk when it was first introduced.
I mean seriously? All it takes is 3sec of healing a soul, which can be done from cover, without even looking at the target, through enemy barriers and from range?
And, as far as I can tell, have no other limit or cooldown?

1 Like

you might not know this but if Mercy goes even couple mm away from ally, your rez will stop and it goes on cooldown

even junkrat bomb can poob you out of range

I was flying using Valkyrie and tried to rez someone, saw Widowmaker aiming at me, pulled up a little and was mad because my Rez went on cooldown

I wouldn’t mind seeing this for her. Its a World of Warcraft spell for Priests. so tune it for OW and it would be an e ability instead of res. then put res back as her Ult with a max of 3 person res. removing Valkyrie from her kit.

Or something like that, I know others enjoy Valkyrie so this is just a personal opinion.

Halo Talent

2.7% of base mana 30 yd range

1.5 sec cast 40 sec cooldown

Requires Priest (Discipline, Holy)
Requires level 90

Creates a ring of Holy energy around you that quickly expands to a 30 yd radius, healing allies for (110% of Spell power) and dealing (110% of Spell power) Holy damage to enemies.

I can see this being more oppressive to be brutally honest and no one will take it quietly

like no one ever uproars about Mercy nerf/buff

Fair point, mostly just figure it’s good exercise to try different approaches.

It’s fine if some of those ideas won’t work.

Sounds busted.
choose rein and no counterplay required
Rein dies? Use zarya to bubble you then tank it with personal bubble

Indeed, how many people screamed when they hard Mercy was getting buffed.
My point is though this would be Oppressive because of how hard it’d be to stop a Mercy was complete range of motion and 15m range even with 3 seconds cast time.

This requires Mercy to stop healing the rest of her team for 3 seconds which is a long time. Sure it’s safer than current res, but even now my biggest gripe with Res is that it forces me to stop healing my team during the cast, and that’s only 1.75 seconds.

Maybe she got a witch skin, because people go witch hunting if she gets a buff

If I understand this correctly, this idea gets rid of her hand-raising animation.

I’m conflicted picturing this.

I mean this buff sucks and I don’t want it, cus if it does manage to make Mercy viable then I’ll hae to turn my profile to private and that sucks when using the LFG.

but if Mercy gets a strong buff, Bliz inquisition starts to hunt her down again

last time they “exorciced” her 15 times before letting her go

No stop just stop this is enough

Let’s hope it’s sooner rather then later, even today I had someone who wanted me to pocket someone and I had to tell them “I’m out of practice” to avoid getting. People looking at the all seasons stats get a very bad impression of me to say the least and my willingness to play this games dainty little sidekick anymore.