Angela Rework idea

Loophole this isn’t a Mercy thread this is an Angela thread you can no longer complain about this being another Mercy thread!

Ok, ok, I said this is a rework idea and it is

Mercy

• Caduceus Staff:
    • Healing per second increased by 20%
    • Damage Boost now affects Self-Destruct

Comments: I felt like both of these changes were unnecessary and with the other changes in this thread wouldn’t make her too strong a hero in comparison to other supports.

• Resurrect
    • Removed

Comments: In any form I felt this ability was too controversial as an ability it creates too many restrictions in her kit to balance it out, while as an ultimate it causes too much backlash from the community regardless of its balance.

• Biotic Barrier (New Ability)
    • Mercy’s beam target gains 33% damage resistance.
      • Toggle Ability (Like defense matrix)
      • 4-second maximum duration
      • Fully recharges over 8 seconds
      • Toggle Begins by pressing the button and then pressing it again ends it.

Comments: Originally I played with this idea in my head a lot before deciding on this version I thought of giving it 50% in exchange for 1/3rd of her healing while active and a few other ideas before deciding on this one, due to it being easiest to balance of my ideas

• Valkyrie
    • Duration reduced to 8 seconds
    • Regen can be interrupted
    • Caduceus Staff
      • Chain Beams removed
      • Healing Beam increased to 200 healing per second during Valkyrie
      • Damage Boost beam now gives a 15% attack speed boost as well.
    • Biotic Barrier
      • Creates an aura (10 meters) around the beam target granting 33% damage reduction
    • Ult charge cost increased from 1950 to 2325

Comments: One complaint you’ll see all over about Valkyrie is that it feels like an unimpactful spectator mode, With this Valkyrie I set out to change that by increasing its hps a little over 3 fold removing the chain beams and cutting the duration nearly in half, this serves 2 purposes to give it impact with 200 hps and reduce its feeling of spectator mode by making the player juggle their beams to use Valkyrie to the best of their abilities, and the ult charge was increased to compensate for her higher ult charge gain and now stronger ultimate.

• Achievement Changes

• Group Health Plan: Reduce 200 damage on 5 different teammates without dying
    • Huge Res: Bring Teammates from critical to full 10 times without dying

Comments: I don’t really have a comment, I changed the achievements to what I feel would be good for her new abilities, you got a better idea for the achievements feel free to give them.

End Note: Feel free to actually give feedback or complain about yet another Mercy thread it’s all up to you, or say she’s fine, and keep in mind all things can be changed this is just text so who knows your well-constructed argument might change my mind about something.

22 Likes

300 hp/s healing in valk is a bit too much, but I like this concept… I like it a lot…

8 Likes

Do you really think so? I was hoping the about half duration and no chain beams as well as increased ult cost would balance it out

Wait is this another Mer. Sorry, Angela thread?

1 Like

I’m gonna complain anyway, this isn’t creative enough to justify it “not being a mercy thread”.

3 Likes

Yes it is another Angela thread

Ah dang you got me!

1 Like

300HP/s plus the shield seems a bit excessive to me. It makes someone invincible to both burst AND sustained. She can switch beams so fast it would mean trouble for Zen and Lucio, since Mercy can main heal and also has amazing damage utility and defensive ultimate.

2 Likes

Something about valkyrie scares me.
Maybe it’s the fact that it’s a portable SuperSoldier™ kit xD
It needs toned down lol

1 Like

Hmm, you’re probably right do you think 200 hps would be better

I’d give her max 90 hp/s during Valk. If she had 300 hp/s, you’d have no reason to pick Zen over Mercy.

4 Likes

The thing is, with Zenyatta he always suffers lackluster healing.
With someone like Mercy you would have to make it around 80 since it’s always so consistent.

2 Likes

An aoe 300 hps? I feel like that would be a much better reason to pick zen, even at 300 hps if she equally distributes it amongst teammates that’s only 60 hp for each

and in exchange has constant utility and high damage

I feel that for an 8 second duration ultimate 80 hps is way too weak even Moira’s with a similar duration 7 seconds iirc is 140 aoe hps

1 Like

Except zen is constantly healing all targets in range for 300 hp/s. Mercy would be single target in this instance.

5 Likes

Yeah, but Mercy also has extreme mobility.

1 Like

Biotic Barrier sounds nice for an ability but I still dont like valk as ultimate. Sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

and zenyatta has a 40 meter range on his heal to make up for this

I can understand the hate for Valkyrie I hate in it’s current state too I feel like it dumbs down the gameplay for too long and interrupts the base kit which many people love and is the main draw of Mercy to me

1 Like

Mercy is a very consistent healer, she can’t have 300 hp/s healing during Valk when she’s the only pure healer.
Zenyatta doesn’t heal much, that’s why it’s ok for him to have an AoE 300 hp/s healing.

Lemme do some math here

• With 1950 required ult charge and 0.8 charge points for one healed hit point, Mercy can get her ultimate in 48.75 seconds.
  • With 2150 required ult charge and 1 charge point for one healed hit point, Mercy can get her ultimate in 43 seconds.

That’s a bigass overbuff for Valkyrie.

EDIT:
Forgot about this

M8 her ult would be up 24/7 with 0 effort.

1 Like

?
Excuse me but mobility is far more powerful.

Even 100hp/sec during valk would be great.

1 Like

300hp/s would be too much, even if it was just single target. Especially with the new E, you could make an ulting genji practically invincible. I like this idea though, especially biotic barrier.

1 Like