[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Except Mercy has 30% damage boost and Orisa has 50%. They are not the same in terms of power.

48 Likes

Yes. I agree, but should they at least amp up her healing and dmg boost? It should be enough to at least not be “out damaged” by a lot of abilities in game. Her ult should feel powerful but I’m not getting that “powerful” vibe when I use Valkyrie.

27 Likes

Mercy’s ult is definitely not bad. Has potential healing of 300 hps(not counting your passive regen), puts you out of danger by allowing flying movement and the damage boost is definitely not to be underrated. 30% on your entire team is a big deal.

The problem I have with it is how boring it feels to use these days. It used to be somewhat dynamic in how you used it as you would swoop down to res someone and go back up. Anytime I use it post-nerf I find myself flying to the least dangerous area and sticking around for 15 seconds unless someone is way out of position.

9 Likes

Isn’t it funny how what people considered to be the most powerful ult in the entire game at one point has now been reduced to what a lot of people now believe to be one of the most lacklustre?

How did it all go so wrong :smile:

64 Likes

Honestly it’s a pretty good ult and gives the team a good advantage for a long time. My problem with it though is that it’s so unfun to play as and play against.

As Mercy you just have to fly as high as you can while strafing and there’s really not much variety besides that. When you’re fighting her you either have to look up and try to hit a mobile Mercy or engage in a team fight that you’re in a disadvantage with.

8 Likes

I want to EARN rez,not get it for free each 30 seconds

Rez as an ult seems like a novel idea

78 Likes

her ult is mostly good for starting a push… dmg boosting.

valk is useless against any burst dmg ultimates.

9 Likes

That suggestion has been floating around for so long and ignored by the devs during the same amount of time as well. Earnable Rez differentiates bad Mercy’s from the Good ones (which is just seperated by a thin line currently). Right now it’s hard to tell if the Mercy player is good at her or bad since her skill floor and ceiling have dropped to the same levels. It’s dumb to have a very powerful ability to bring back a fallen teammate as a free ability to use every 30 seconds.

20 Likes

It’s very underwhelming and sometimes pointless, they should look at it. Mercy feels so weak when you play with her, you know you won’t be able to do damage with her, so healing and utility should be her strong points and while in Val you don’t feel strong at all. Not only that, Mercy become so passive after the nerf, before you could feel active during the fight by doing the double rez middle ult, now you just hold a button and fly around in hopes of being useful.

31 Likes

Exactly. I don’t want to buff her healing and dmg boost to the point where it’s broken, just a little bit to feel powerful and impactful during a team fight.

3 Likes

I totally agree on earning the ult instead of getting it each 30 seconds. I had an idea where she has her old ult back, but each teammate would take 0.5 seconds to rez, and you would need to hold your ult button down, and, when it’s released, it rezzes the amount shown (f.e. 0.5 seconds for a solo rez, 2.5 seconds for 5-man rez). And make it line-of-sight rez too so it wouldn’t encourage the “hide and rez” tactic again.

8 Likes

Yes, they are not “exactly” the same, but you trade power for mobility and sustain. Similar case to the healing part, weaker than transcendence, but it has other advantages

1 Like

Its just a worse version of Zen and Orisa’s ults. They need to do something.

43 Likes

Then the poster should not have called them “exactly the same”. And I would rather have a shorter and more powerful ult than an ult that’s longer but can barely sustain anything.

6 Likes

thats a fine idea

another one i maybe prefer is if she has mass rez

but the range is quite small,so she could usually only rez 2 or 3 if they are on top of each other.

and she can EARN larger area to where its normal if she keeps her healing meter high

So if she comes back from spawn her range will be much less and easier to predict.
You just need to guard the bodies,so it has counterplay too

a SLIGHT cast time,maybe but shouldnt be much

And for all these down sides she shoudl at least get some damage reduction like roadhog during heal,so she has a fighting chance at least,if there is cast time.

9 Likes
and she can EARN larger area to where its normal if she keeps her healing meter high

ooh i like that idea a lot!
p.s. i really want her “heroes never die” voiceline so much :confused:

14 Likes

I love playing healer, but due to Mercy’s Ultimate feeling so lackluster, I don’t enjoy playing her anymore. There’s no moment in which I get to have a big impact, or any time that I feel like I accomplished something special. I’m very glad that she’s not a must pick anymore, but she doesn’t feel like the hero she used to. I hope that the Overwatch team one day revisits her, whether that be a few tweaks (something in line with the current Sombra changes) or an entirely new rework. I love her playstyle, but with how Valkyrie works, it’s just… not fun to play her anymore. :c Some brainstorm ideas, if anything is up for consideration:

• Shorten Valkyrie, but heighten its effects in some way
  • Replace Resurrect as an ability with something that Mercy can use to aid her team
  • Replace Valkyrie with something that can have a big impact, similar to how other Support Ultimates function
  • Consider a hybrid Ultimate, or some other way to combine Valkyrie and Resurrect in such a way that you can choose between one or the other (Valkyrie should still be looked at in this case imo)
  • Rework the ability of Resurrect so that it feels better to use and can be used to assist a team mid fight

Sorry for the long post, I just get rather passionate about this. I’ll stop before I go on too long. What does everyone else think?

21 Likes

Very tired of this argument.
Mercy’s ult heals 20% of what transcendence does, and boosts 60% of what supercharger does.

23 Likes

Valk actually heals a lot more than 20% of what trans does(Due to its way longer duration). But comparing trans and valk is futile as they are completely different.

Whereas trans has an insane value as a high healing timing based counter play, valk is a lot more versatile. The same could be said for Supercharger as well considering valk is a lot more mobile and quite a bit harder to remove(kill).

The versatility of Valk cant be overstated as it does a lot of things. Looking at one aspect of it and comparing to something else is futile. Valkyrie is still a strong ultimate with everything it brings and with the lack of timing requirement, which lucio and zenyatta requires, it’s very consistent.

2 Likes

The ULT is amazing. It just looks like it has less impact because you do not rez. The power of the ult is in the flexibility you can atk people aoe heal or aoe dmg for massive dmg based on situation, survive ability of mercy, and its long duration. It is still an amazing ult with no rez. You may just have to change hwen you use it.

3 Likes