Why did I have this win rate if the matchmaking is rigged?

No, not for us. Unless if you count community manager, maybe. Or perhaps, if the MVP system still existed.

It actually jumps from Trust Level 3 to Trust level 9. It prevents you from being reported on the forums after that.

1 Like

I agree with everything in there. My point was more that I don’t understand why everyone is complaining so hard about these two classes when the situation is really only terrible in the top 1000s. Everywhere else, including 4 digits legend ranks, are significantly more varied. Even the VS report acknowledges that it’s almost like two completely different games. Since I don’t believe many of the people complaining are anywhere close to top1000 legend, I don’t understand why their experience is really as miserable as they claim. That’s why I shared my matchup spread in the range of 2000-6000 legend, because this outlook doesn’t seem as apocalyptic and miserable to me and it’s data from fairly high legend ranks.

My other point was more related to the fact that, while I do believe miracle rogue and Quest DH are clearly the top tier decks and absolutely should be nerfed, my experience with both is not really that they’re really such an insane outlier in terms of performance as their playrate in the top1000s would suggest. This could just be me not being able to pilot the deck as proficiently as people in higher legend ranks, but I see a decent amount of pro players stream it and my impression remains the same. I think they are so everpresent in legend because they are the only two options that are faster than shockspitter. However, when facing more diverse and unpredictable matchups (like in lower legend ranks) lack of consistency and lowrolls start to be more punishing. I would go as far as saying that most pro players preferred hitting legend this month with shockspitter and other tier A decks than with miracle rogue precisely for this reason.

Then again, maybe I am completely wrong in all of the above. But I want to underscore, I fully agree that DH, miracle rogue and Shockspitter hunter must be nerfed. That is undeniable. I am only questioning how apocaliptic the meta truly is outside of the top1000s and how broken the game currently is.

edit: I really apologize for the brick of text :sweat_smile:

I really dunno man. My game experience is always super streaky…

It is like I win 5 games in a row and then lose 5 and go down to Diamond 5 start. And it is always like that month after months.

And here and there I get super bad streak where I can’t win a single game for a day. I play very slow decks ( deathrattle priest , resurection priest , warrior big minions and stuff like that… ).

When I have bad draw for removals I die fast. I get better if I survive until turn 5-6. I rarely win a game before turn 10+.

You also have to consider how polarizing those 3 decks are. Take Demon Hunter for example. Try playing Priest against it, It’s Near impossible. All the current iterations of Demon Hunter With Spell damage competely shut out priest from existing… which is bad because priest is a great counter to miracle rogue. Now try to play priest with shockspitter hunter. You aren’t going to win. I’m just using priest as a small example here.

So what you have are these 3 specific Class and deck archetypes that create this trinity of a meta that doesn’t allow anything else in.

When these 3 come together with higher play rates, it completely shuts down play for anyone else. Anything that can beat Miracle Rogue is getting shut out by DH and Shockspitter. Anything that can beat DH will get shut out by Shockspitter and Miracle Rogue. Etc etc.

We see this getting more and more problematic as we go up. The rest of the meta just hasn’t caught up, but eventually it will. There’s no need to wait 6 months for everyone else to play catch up. The meta is solved. Top1k meta hasn’t really moved at all in over 2 weeks.

What other people are experiencing is a meta where they are free from this trinity of meta warping. Good for them. But it won’t last. But I’m sure people are seeing parts of that trinity, specifically shockspitter. That deck won’t let anything slow take shape. It’s been locked in tier 1 at all other ranks for awhile. People don’t want to beat it by not playing minions… people want to play minions, and it’s punishing them for it. That’s why lower ranking you go down, the less you see it, because those players still want to play minions. Good. You want to play minions, you stay below legend then.

If they think that’s bad, they haven’t seen DH or Miracle Rogue yet.

There are a lot of decks that need to be nerfed to fix the this, and those 3 are at the top.

1 Like

You must of found the “get gud” formula haha

That all makes a lot of sense. Very well put, I tip my hat to you.

Regardless of the current meta being broken or not, I really cannot wait for the balance update and I do hope it is big. The game is most fun when the meta isn’t settled, I think we all agree on that.

1 Like

I think this patch is going to be massive. Lots of nerfs and buffs.

I’m going to predict that the patch makes minions important again (right now we’re smothered in OTK decks).

Assuming board becomes relevant again, and assuming warrior and a few others get buffs, DK will shine.

DK wants a meta where minions matter.

There’s not that many nerfs, rogue, quest DH, and shockspitter will be hit though.

A lot of buffs but I don’t think any of them are particularly impressive.

3 Likes

From your inside source?

Yeah, same as last time which was 100% accurate.

2 Likes

Any priest buffs?

/shakes homeless can

I could really use some spare buffs if you got 'em lol

Yes, the undead type of buffs for priest.

I could let you know more on bnet if you’d like, I rather not post everything on the forums.

2 Likes

Sure. I’ll be on later, or send message and I’ll see it tonight.

Undead buffs make Schyla happy.

2 Likes

Its not a hard fact.

Maybe because you have poor communication skills and delivery. You really sound like a classroom bully with a small ego. All I ever read from you is how much better you are than everyone else. Like us common people are so lucky to have someone like you here to educate everyone. Have a little class and humility. Rather than spend your time here berating everyone else and patting yourself on the back spend more time trying to be “constructive” and less “destructive”. Some of you guys do this crap so often. Its like you guys just have to talk about how much better you are than everyone else. It looks petty and insecure.

1 Like

Oh, so you’re also one of those oversensitive guys out there who takes everything as an insult.

What’s wrong with being clueless about a video game and having no idea what you’re doing ?

I don’t understand how this is interpreted as an insult.

If I’m doing something I’ve never done before and am terrible at it, I’ll be the first to admit it.

I’ve never played golf in my life, if I played, I’d have no idea what I’d be doing, I really wouldn’t be offended by someone telling me the reality as is.

In fact, I’d actually seek guidance and knowledge from those who DO know what they are doing. I want to hear what I need to hear, not what I want to hear.

If someone is playing good decks in gold rank and is unable to climb, that’s not because the matchmaking is rigged against him nor because he is the unluckiest player alive. It’s because he is bad a the game and keeps on making poor decisions game after game. If you tell him the opposite, you’re just lying to him and he’ll never learn nor understand why this is happening to him.

3 Likes

Its all in the delivery and the wording. I don’t give a crap about someone being a jerk. I do care though about people on these forums who come here to be a part of something and be included who get flamed by you for not thinking the way you do or not playing as good as you do. Use all the excuses you want to justify how you communicate. As a somewhat respected member of this community it is up to you what you do with it. And just like you enjoy telling everyone their hard truth I can tell you yours on a public forum.

Would you please quote me where I actually ‘‘flamed’’ someone.

Because telling someone they have no idea what they’re doing is not flaming. Telling someone their decks are bad is not flaming. If you think that’s flaming, that’s your issue for being oversensitive on the internet. And I’m not going to change who I am for you.

1 Like

So, it’s this kind of topic? :smirk: Alright, I’ll respond accordingly, although my projection is that not everyone’ll actually get it. One more disclaimer: I’ve not read through all of the replies thoroughly, sorry if I’ve missed something noteworthy.

Exactly because it’s rigged, according to the assumption made.

To begin with, let me play Captain Obvious and point out a couple of things that are… obvious… obviously.

First, in such a multiplayer game where one player wins and one player loses, there cannot generally be any ‘miracles’ and ‘wonder decks’ with e.g. 80% winrate — in fact, that number tends towards 50% (if there is that one deck that is much stronger than any other, then essentially everyone’s gonna play it, the winrate becoming strictly equal to 0.5) for any competitive deck. It’s not even chess either, so brilliant risk-calculating and decision-making can make a difference between 49% and 51%, for instance (provided the game is not rigged — that’s how top players in something like poker succeed), but nothing like a 100% winrate, to which we’ll get back later.

Second, if the game is rigged for someone to lose — then it’s simultateously rigged for someone to win, obviously. Is the question, then, why you getting the ‘boon’? We don’t know all the details of the rigging algorithm, but one can make reasonable assumptions. For example, I haven’t seen you post anything especially smart (haven’t looked very hard, but still), and I doubt you could possibly be, either — maybe you even play accordignly, thus the algorithm alotted you enough ‘privilege points’ [1] for getting such… paraintellectual help from it. ‘Well done, Sunshine…!’

There’s still room for ‘improvement’, though: notice this brilliant guy at rank 1 Legend [2] — 100% winrate, as mentioned above. Way to go!

One more thing: apart from ‘ekwality’ [1], there’s another kind of ‘rigging’ and ‘rng’ for so-called streamers (and ‘top’ players who get invited to all those tournaments, comment them and so on) — not all of them, but a special kind appointed to promote the game. Haven’t taken a look at them for years, but from the old days, you probably remember the type: those guys with big glasses (apparently, supposed to make them look cool and skilled :sunglasses: ) in their twenties with alleged 30+ years of ‘professional’ experience at other best-selling card games (apparently, it is supposed to sound cool), bonus points for unusually-coloured hair and dancing on their Gaming_Chair™ frantically in order to make their Ragnaros shoot just the one right target out of eight fifty times in a row as a display of true skill. What I’m saying is that these guys are poster children of the game promoting its image — even if you turn on your Twitch channel and show your 120-IQ decision-making, don’t expect the same kind of success. :grinning:

So, yeah, to sum up, those top ranks often appear to be filled with either these ‘big streamers’ or ‘40-ICQ’ nice guys with ‘genius’ battletags like ‘iNevuhBathe’ or ‘PloughUrMamaInDaLips’ and a brilliant playstyle, as illustrated above [2], as a result. One more thing: I remember climbing from ‘Rank 25’ (or is it Bronze 10 now?) all the way to Legend (in Classic) after a long hiatus (i.e. no bonus stars), and I haven’t seen ‘newbies’ with basic decks etc you’d expect — it’s mostly the same kind of netdeckers with the same level of play… oh, and bots, too, highly likely, which are a separate issue (there are dedicated topics about that) and can be farmed with an ‘impossible’ (under normal circumstances, that is) winrate.

References:

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKcWu0tsiZM
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jenlSf2E8o

2 Likes