Why did I have this win rate if the matchmaking is rigged?

From silver 10 with no bonus stars, 87 wins and 15 losses to Legend rank, in wild.

That means it only took 102 games from the lowest rank, how come I didn’t get a huge streak of losses and bad matchups algorithm to prevent me from climbing ?

Proof below if needed.
https://i.gyazo.com/e12487d331cd34960d457769e7521569.png

https://i.gyazo.com/ad4622689a6fe694e2303931ced9ed80.png

8 Likes

It’s pretty simple, because you don’t believe the matchmaking is rigged, it doesn’t apply to you.

7 Likes

The sample size is too small to disprove rigging plus how do we know you aren’t just so good you can overcome bad match ups.

1 Like

How come you didnt get the counterwall that was “proven” in some other thread ?

Because that thead was a bunch of nonsense.

The proof is in the pudding.

3 Likes

That was about a rock paper scissors simulation.

4 Likes

Actually, I faced 3 Death Knights in my last 4 games, which are huge favors for me.

So perhaps they are right, it was rigged, in my favor.

1 Like

Prediction:
Some of the responses are going to be some of the dumbest things we’ve ever heard on this forum before.

7 Likes

At least everyone will agree on that.

2 Likes

Question is,will the people with dumb responses realize it.
Seeing the above,probably not.

(bee is right though).

Elchar for example completely missed the point of my post. Everyone was jumping on that thread as proof for the counterwalls on ladder lol.
But ya,ladder is not some simulation thats the point.

And as long as scrottie refuses to post the matchup history for the people who kept winning (and the people who kept losing).
To show they matched equall if not bigger counterwalls then the people who kept loosing.
That thread didnt proof anything not even for the simulation.

If you show me the matchup history and results (i cant be bothered to decipher that spreadsheet) and it shows that the people at the top matched at least an equall amount of counters as the people at the bottom. Then i will happily concede my point.

And i know this wont happen,because the counterwalls for the people who kept winning are not there. And rather then be a man and admit it,the clan goes silent.

That’s a really high bar for me, and I haven’t been reading this forum for that long.

To answer the thread, I don’t believe there’s any rigging, but that winrate is abnormally high with or without rigging, if you maintain that winrate in legend I would like to know how to do that too :smiling_face_with_tear:

I don’t believe the game is rigged but posting a high winrate no more proves the game isn’t rigged in some nefarious way than someone posting a 50 percent winrate as proof of rigging this thread is pointless

1 Like

We’ll who’s everyone, most people were just saying that’s interesting. You wrote a 16 page manifesto about how bad the experiment design was, then added an afterthought that you hadn’t looked at the actual work he’d done (what kind of person does that?), and now you are here bleating on about not posting the matchup history when the entire experiment was a matchup history. Yes the one he posted. In the first post. That you hadn’t looked at despite posting god knows how many times in the thread.

You still don’t understand the point of that experiment.

2 Likes

Let the record show that “that spreadsheet” is a list of matchups and results.

It also should be obvious to any mathematician, which you have laid claim to previously, that an algorithm arranging things by some sort of score will have a sorting effect.

1 Like

I dunno i had a whole response written adressing all your points. But i will stop the discussion right here. Its already back to snapping at eachoter,schyla kinda started it i see now but i was silly enough to bite so i guess i can be partially blamed for that.

Either way,i am not going to have that type of discussion again. I will take the blame for the discussion going this way and i will also cut it off.

Oh, fear not, as the OP I really don’t care if you guys want to debate other points.

Please entertain me.

What bs. Scrotie put in a bunch of effort to show an interesting effect of matchmaking systems, and you took dump after dump on it without ever taking the time to understand the work and the point. Somehow you took multiple attempts by people to explain it to you as personal attacks, and now you post the same rubbish here and still admit you never took the time to understand it. Honestly I’m embarrassed I took time out of my day to try and help you.

1 Like

rigging implies the odds are adjusted.

It does not imply that the odds are adjusted against you,

Indeed by its very nature Half the time it helps people win with easier match ups.

Its pointless to even try to convince some that the mathmaking isnt rigged …
You can show all the proof in the world all the hard data and it means nothing they are in too deep.

You are asking those lunatics to look in the mirror and see the real problem lol , theres a higher chance of the sun not rising tomorow.

2 Likes

Early last year I went something like 29 and 2 with pirate quest Warrior to prove how ridiculous it was. At no point ever was I ever matched against a hard counter. In fact the 2 losses were against other pirate quest Warriors.

Based on some of the rigging hypothesis out there I should have been forced to lose over and over again.

4 Likes

Hmmm.

How entertaining do you want it to become? In just 5 words I could add some fuel to the discussion.