Season 18 Season of the Triune 3 Triune Circles buff
Season 19 Season of Eternal Conflict Kill Count effects
Season 20 Season of the Forbidden Archives Unrestricted Cube Powers
Season 21 Trials of the Tempests Channel an Elemental Power every 90 seconds
Season 22 Shades of the Nephalem Shrines/Pylons = Shadow Clones. 4 Cube Slots
Season 23 The Disciples of Sanctuary Followers Revamp with Emanates feature
Season 24 Ethereal Memory Collect 21 powerful Ethereal Weapons
Season 25 The Lords of Hell Collect Soul Shards and upgrade with Embers
Season 26 The Fall of the Nephalem Echoing Nightmare. Whisper of Atonement.
Season 27 Light's Calling Angelic Crucibles / Sanctified items
Season 28 Rites of Sanctuary Altar of Rites: Unlock 26 Seals and Potion Powers
Season 29 Visions of Enmity Diabolical Fissures randomly appear during exploration.
Season 30 The Lords of Hell Soul Shards & Hellfire Embers. Permanent: Altar & Visions.

For Season Dates and Times at a glance, see the Diablo III Seasons thread on The Amazon Basin Forums. (The times are listed in Eastern Time since that’s my time zone).

53 Likes

Sticky this…

7 Likes

This was sorely needed!!

4 Likes

I think I see a pattern… 1st number, loot version… 2nd number, power creep multiplier… 3rd number, revision number.
:rofl:

Nice job Perusoe!

2 Likes

A special SHOUT-OUT to @TinneOnnMuin for doing the work that inspired this thread!  

Sources:

11 Likes

The game has come far. 2.6.1 was THE patch that made so many builds fairly powerful (though the nerf to Blessed Shield items while Condemn become overpowered still bother me).

Our newest patches are pretty big in the grand scheme of things, showing Blizzard is not done with D3 yet.

1 Like

it doesn’t make sense imo that Blizzard removed the patch notes listing from the game guide, so hopefully either this thread gets stickied or Blizzard gets the idea from this thread to re-add the patch notes back into the game guide.

2 Likes

Nice work! This is a lot cleaner than the way I had it, plus it should be helpful having it as it’s own post instead of buried in a thread somewhere. It’ll be easier to find this way. Bookmarked!

7 Likes

Yes. There was a Patch 2.6.7b, which fixed the Season’s Pandemonium Theme bugs:

2 Likes

New Feature: Greater Rifts
Formerly referred to as Tiered Rifts, Greater Rifts are a special type of timed Nephalem Rift. There are an infinite number of Greater Rift levels, and each Greater Rift level will be progressively more difficult than the last.

saw this phrase when the season and GR feature implant, well, infinite=cap at 150 :laughing:

Greater Rifts worked very differently when they were first deployed. I don’t know what the cap originally was. If it’s in any of the Patch Notes, I’m too lazy to go through them to look right now.

1 Like

it’s just they do as they wish, they say as they want.

Early stage, it’s hard to go higher tier because of limited gears. Then they add more and more power creep to lower the difficulty but on the other side, they can’t balance all the power creep until now.

Old trash set/items mostly remain useless while implement new power creep item because easier than do the balancing. Just simple example, blackthorne, early of the year said probably get redesign…ya, probably. They can say what they want because they make no promise :laughing:

I’ve updated the OP and included a Seasons Theme Summary list. Since they are related, I decided to add it here rather than create a separate thread. (Which would be kind of redundant anyway).

You can now quickly access the Patch Notes by clicking the links. Or, if you just want to see which Themes occurred during which Seasons at a glance, the information is there.
Be safe and good hunting!  

Asᴋ ɴᴏᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ
- ᴀsᴋ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ

I do not hide from my enemies.
I do not run from my foes.
I seek them out; I hunt them down;
and then they’re quickly disposed.

~ 𝑃𝑒𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑜𝑒

4 Likes

The OP has been updated to include Patch 2.7.1 and the Season 24 Theme, Ethereal Memory.

7 Likes

Well done, Perusoe. Thanks for keeping this updated.

2 Likes

Thanks. Too bad it was not Stickied. Therefore, Necro bumped.

3 Likes

Yah, this is most excellent. Fabulous to see how the seasonal themes have progressed since double goblins. A+ post, Perusoe, and I appreciate the dev work that has gone into making seasons so much fun.

1 Like

I’ve updated the OP with the new URL to the Season 25 Patch Notes and the correct Theme name.

Don’t forget to salvage your Ethereal Weapons before 5 PM PST Sunday, December 5, 2021.

6 Likes

I’ve updated the OP to include a link to the 2.7.3 Patch Notes and added a brief description of the Season 26 Theme.

Good hunting in Season 26!

~ 𝑃𝑒𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑜𝑒

6 Likes

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

The OP has been updated for Patch 2.7.4 and Season 27.

Good hunting, fellow adventurers!

~ 𝑃𝑒𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑜𝑒

4 Likes