Unable to equip 2 primal weapons from Bul-Kathos's Oath set

I have both pieces of Bul-Kathos’s Oath set: Bul-Kathos’s Solemn Vow & Bul-Kathos’s Warrior Blood. I used primordial ashes to upgrade them both to Primal using Kanai’s Cube. I upgraded warrior blood to primal first, with an ancient solemn vow, that worked. After upgrading the solemn vow as well, now I cannot equip both weapons of this set, it says “You cannot equip more than one of this item”

Working as intended. You may only use one upgraded-to-primal piece at a time.

4 Likes

Is this stated anywhere, and I just missed it? If not is there any way to roll back to my previous ancient and primordial ashes?

Yes. In the PTR notes, Final patch notes, and all over the forums for over a month.

You can salvage the item for 1/2 the ashes back, and then upgrade another item when you get more ashes.

6 Likes

For completion…

Applicable text here:

Only one upgraded Primal Item may be worn at a time

FWIW, bookmark this post created and maintained by Perusoe:

3 Likes

Even if one ignores the info provided in the patch notes, he/she should by now have seen the 57 trillion other threads on the very same subject and if he/she should check them before creating another thread.

2 Likes

Would you agree, however, that this warning should be placed in the game? Similar to what’s on Recipe #4 (“Resulting item cannot be Ancient”). This would be desired for new players coming to play Diablo 3 in any future season (because there will be no mention of “Primordial Ashes feature” in future patch notes, thus there will be no warning).

I did a mockup of how it could look like (taking the exact phrase from the patch notes)

Imgur

(EDIT: wow, just figured out I can actually include images, not just links to them :slight_smile: )

6 Likes

Definitely, the recipe could use such added warning for the very reasons your stated.

For now though it is still expected that people read the info provided.

2 Likes

They could also update the page on Kanai’s Cube in the game guide and put the warning there, but I doubt a lot of people read the game guide.

1 Like

In fact there’s more to upgrade in the Game Guide - for example the Natalia’s Set still has RoV buffs listed. :man_shrugging:t2:

Gratz   :slight_smile:

Contrats, you have now officially spent too much time on the forums, lol.

1 Like

I agree this would be a good addition to the recipe page.

Post the idea and image over in the General Discussion forum so that there’s a chance the devs will see it (they 100% won’t here). You might get some pushback, but just ignore/don’t engage it, just get the idea out there.

1 Like

I already posted it in the PTR forums well before the PTR ended, but it was ignored.

2 Likes

Hardly surprising, Blizzard is known to ignore pretty much all feedback posted in the PTR sections, or any other section.

1 Like

I wouldn’t jump over everything straight to ignore.

Seeing it was a PTR, it may have been given a back seat to the deluge of higher priority issues/development that needed to be dealt with before release.

Even now, there likely still a ton of fixes/tweaks being worked on. But if we get the idea out there and draw attention to it, it can be better cemented in the dev’s feature list.

Blizzard doesn’t have to moderate their forums, so I guess it does not really matter to them if it causes player confusion.

The outcome is the same? No action was taken, and no communication was made.

I would say that that their actions speak for themselves. A little communication goes a long way, and Blizzard has chosen to have zero communication with their players.

1 Like

I don’t disagree that communication is terrible, but that’s their MO. That’s the way it is, and we’re at it’s mercy

However, the constantly pushed notion that Bliz ignores “all feedback” is completely unreasonable. To expect that they, or any company, do everything the players suggest is, again, unreasonable. It’s often simply that the Bliz doesn’t agree. And there is a marked difference between ignoring and not agreeing.

I agree with all of that. I did not mean that they ignore everyone and everything, just my post in particular where I told them that this exact thing would happen if they did not alter the recipe description.

If it was not ignored and it is already on their to-do list, then why do you suggest that it be re-posted in the general forums for more visibility?

Do they not read their own bug forums and see the problems here?

Hi:

For what it’s worth, the same suggestion/complaint was made on the French language D3 Forums… it’s only been a few days, so I don’t expect much.

I too would like to see the Game Guide upgraded to include the 11th recipe… if, at the same time, they could correct the other mistakes in the Guide (such as… the GR Keys falling from the GR boss… instead of the Neph Rift boss), that would be great.

I’m probably hoping for too much…

1 Like