Seasons are too long

almost 5 months then 1-2 weeks between seasons…
should be 3 months or less and new season should be the next day.

I understand diablo is in maintenance mode but would still would be nice

3 Likes

Did I miss the memo? S24 ended on Sunday, S25 starts on Friday (5 days).

4 Likes

This has been talked about a while.

The average season length has been a shade under 101 days since the inception of the idea. If we exclude the last few seasons when things were complicated by the pandemic and working-from-home etc, the average drops to 96 days. Not far off your 3 month suggestion.

See this post :point_down: , too, with a list of a summary of the season themes. Average season length is 107 days for all themed seasons, but drops to 98 when I deselect the last few pandemic-impacted seasons.

Once they’ve finished developing seasonal themes then I imagine it’ll settle down to 3-monthly. I expect by then D4 will be upon us. Or the world will have exploded.

PS Statisticians please don’t @ me about my lazy statistics usage. :smiley:

PPS a lazy graph for y’all, too:

8 Likes

right but I’m pretty sure previous seasons had 1-2 weeks in between…just not this one

Last couple of seasons had 5 days.

2 Likes

The provided graph seems to indicate an upward trend in season length which makes sense given the nature of the game’s so-called support (in other words - none). Thankfully, the season has not reached .66 (repetend) of a year yet but presumably it will eventually. I don’t mind if they’re long if they’re fun. I’d have liked, for example, the Pandemonium season (19?) to last longer.

What would be better though is to add midway changes. Say, after the 100th day they flip a switch and some new (or previously used) event gets turned on. They don’t have to announce it - just let it be a surprise - and then, should the season persist longer (to 200 days), another and so forth.

Still thinking how adding in item twists could be done… since those are PTRd.

I’ve ignored the disingenuous remarks after this bit but here we go…

As mentioned in the post, there are a couple of reasons for this. Firstly there were no season themes at all prior to season 14. Just content patches. Then, ICYMI, there has been a highly disruptive pandemic affecting the last few seasons of development of the game. They’ve skewed the numbers upward.

I saw others proclaim that they’re going to block you on the forums but I’m willing to give you a chance. Just the one.

Yep, I waited over 3 months to get my primal Yang to NS this time. UNACCEPTABLE.

Usually 5 or 12 days (which is pretty much 1-2 weeks)…

2 Likes

Pretty much:

• Season 14 began June 15, 2018 and ended on September 16, 2018

• Season 15 began September 21, 2018 (approx. 5 days after season 14 ended) and ended on January 6, 2019

• Season 16 began January 18, 2019 (approx. 12 days after season 15 ended) and ended on May 12, 2019

• Season 17 began May 17, 2019 (approx. 5 days after season 16 ended) , and ended on August 18, 2019

• Season 18 began August 23, 2019 (approx. 5 days after season 17 ended), and ended on November 10, 2019

• Season 19 began November 22, 2019 (approx. 12 days after season 18 ended), and ended on March 1, 2020

• Season 20 began March 13, 2020 (approx. 12 days after season 19 ended) and ended on June 21, 2020

• Season 21 began July 3, 2020 (approx. 12 days after season 20 ended) and ended on November 8, 2020

• Season 22 began November 20, 2020 (approx. 12 days after season 21 ended) and ended on March 28, 2021

• Season 23 began April 2, 2021 (approx. 5 days after season 22 ended) and ended on July 18, 2021

• Season 24 began at July 23, 2021 (approx. 5 days after season 23 ended) and ended December 5, 2021

• Season 25 will begin December 10th (approx. 5 days after season 24 ended)

So yes, the last 2 seasons consecutively started up about 5 days after the end of the previous season, and this upcoming season will be starting tomorrow (which is 5 days after the end of the previous season). So that’ll be 3 seasons as of late that started 5 days after the previous ones had ended.

Yes I agree with OP, Season 25 has been going on too long. Let’s ended and start season 26 for God’s sake. The season of Double Boss spawns from every pylon. Can’t Wait!

Yeah! Let the boss spawn from the first pylon clicked so we can finish the run immediately! :grin:

1 Like

D3 seasons should be 60 days tops. There isn’t enough changed or added to make it relevant or worth playing for so long each season.

Your opinion may vary, and that’s okay.

1 Like

I want the nemesis system on consoles added. Where if your friend died to a mob, a random portal would open and an empowered version of that enemy show up in your game to hunt you down.

2 Likes

Back in the old forums, I’ve asked for that relentlessly (even just a seasonal theme variation would suffice for me). However, I’ve given up on it being added at this point. Hopefully Diablo 4 will have something akin to it.

My hope for D4 in that regard would be part of the lore book thingy I’ve suggested. Where you collect enough info on a family/mob type or kill enough you need a named champion to hunt down.

1 Like

Don’t make me Bravata.

Seasons should last 6+ months in general (even if D3 goes to fast, but the game is the problem there, not season length).

Also, let people transfer characters from season to non-season whenever they want, for those who cant wait to get a character, item etc. back to non-season, for whatever reason.

Yeah, a single season could easily have multiple events and multiple patches (including balance patches).
And both the events and everything else should of course also be available in non-season at the same time.

Prior to season 16 the themes were, lets be honest, very light in content. Much easier for fast turnaround. Ever since then a lot more thought and :meat_on_bone: has been incorporated into them. More stuff = more time.

Something that would be a real QoL improvement would be if Blizzard did something like Double Goblins or Double Bounties for NS while a season was running. That way people who get burned out on the season can hop over to their favorite NS toons and get something for it besides slowly grinding out paragons. Come to think of it, it’s been a while since they even did that for seasons. Is that going to happen again or are those days long gone now?