Haven't played since Season 10 or so, TL;DR of changes?

I can’t really find a digestible list of updates, can anyone give me a hand?

Oh lord, where to begin.

Honestly I think checking out the tier list on maxroll.gg and clicking on builds that interest you might be a good way to start.

There’s so many changes. Captain crimson and aughilds, whirlwind now uses rend to do damage, monk is supernova tier, dh got a spin2win, heck ALL classes got new sets, tons of new legendaries… yeah just check the tier list lol.

2 Likes

Still the same. Nothing new just power creep after power creep

1 Like

Fourteen seasons of patches, updates, nerfs and buffs?

1 Like

Well, around season 10 you could get around GRift 90 after playing a lot. Now you can max out at GRift 150 in this next season with half the time spent

1 Like

You can gear out the followers now and receive buffs from them in solo play. You can only use one at a time.

2 Likes

The core game is the same, sure, but there’s plenty of new things for the past 4.5 years. Hell, the necro hadn’t even been released at season 10.

2 Likes

D3:RoS Patch Notes & Themes Wiki - General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)
This may help. Older Patch Notes are harder to find these days.

4 Likes

I hope OP does not want you to interpret all of that for him now. Great link. :point_up_2:

1 Like

Interpret? Not a chance. Far too many changes since Season 10. :slight_smile:
What was that, 2016? I guess start with 2.50 Patch.

This is perfect. Thank you.

2 Likes

try reading the blog, they release a post every time something changes.

1 Like

This is the only meaningful change in the last 14 seasons. The followers are far more useful for solo play.

Other than that, the game is still:
speed run rifts for GR keys and dbs
Speed run split bounties for bounty mats
Speed run GR’s for xp, shards, and forgotten souls
Push GR for your highest clear

If you want to know what build is the FOTM for your class, just look at what build pushed the highest in the lastest PTR.

After 9 years I was very happy to see the follower revamp. It was about time they did something for solo players. Considering group players have benefits that the solo player never had. Solo players do not get power leveled, they do not get free legendary items give to them, they do not benefit from split bounties, they do not receive any buffs from others players. Now I would like for solo played to have the 3 followers active at the same time but I do not think that will happen.

Power, moar power. Taken to 11. Then multiplied by 1 quadrillion. Twice.

1 Like

Let’s not forget the speed racers who fly across the screen from point A to point B as fast as possible just to rinse and repeat over and over and over. Also, the most holy meta you need worship the meta to run with the big boys. Don’t leave out the cooky cutter builds that most have to use. Bring on D4 already.

1 Like

I would argue a new class is a fairly meaningful change.

Two additional cheat deaths alone is quite op, not to mention the added effect of the other buffs and getting use of every item that can emanate.

Me too. I loved the mercs in D2. D3 mercs being only flavorless walking, talking buffs for so long made me sad. At least now they are flavorful walking, talking buffs.

Rather than make all 3 active at once, I wish they would just allow the followers to do some actual damage. It would be nice to give them a follower only legendary gem, so their power can grow with yours and not have them out-scaled so fast.

Bu… Bu… But isn’t power creep content??

They did damage, but for me anyway they were usually off running around someplace else or they would get stuck in corners or on stairs, most of the time I forgot I even had one. With the exception of the damage output, I like the D3 followers much more. I like Lyndon the best, the way he gets on the templars nerves if funny. I also liked the follower side quests in RoS. I do not think we are going to have followers/mercs in D4, we will see.

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Season