D3:RoS Patch Notes & Themes Wiki

Putting in another request for this to be stickied. It’s relevant for every player out there, no matter how casual or serious they are, and no matter what class they play. Yes, you can find this info in other places, but it’s sad that it’s not obviously available here on the official forum.

Perusoe, shouldn’t it be, “and then they are indisposed?”

4 Likes

Proper English grammar would suggest “disposed of”, as in “to get rid of”.

But, I wanted the last line to (near) rhyme with “foes”. And, I’m no English major, but I believe it’s considered poor form to end a sentence with a preposition. (I really don’t remember).

“Indisposed” means being sick, unwell, unwilling or unavailable. In this case, I mean to “get rid of” (permanently) all evil things. (My enemies).  

3 Likes

Well, your foes will certainly be “unwell” after you hunt them down and shoot them to pieces!

I think that was actually just a “rule” cooked up by a handful of 17th and 18th century English writers who wanted English to be more like Latin… these days I think many academics would probably have no issue with ending a sentence with a preposition.

Plus, there’s an old joke:

A student from a state school was visiting Harvard and wanted to find the library. So he asked a student who was passing by:

“Excuse me, can you tell me where the library’s at?”

The Harvard student then replied, “here at Harvard, we don’t end our sentences with a preposition.”

The student from the state school thought for a moment, then said “Okay, well, can you tell me where the library is at, jerk?”

Here’s a brief and interesting video on the subject:

1 Like

Okay. Then…   Just for you:

I do not hide from my enemies.
I do not run from my foes.
I seek them out; I hunt them down;
and then they’re quickly disposed of.

Now, we should probably get back on topic.  

1 Like

The OP has been updated for Season 28, Patch 2.7.5.

2 Likes

Thanks!
Just saying, Patterns of Justice is a nice Set starter!

1 Like

The OP has been updated for Season 29, Patch 2.7.6.

Now that Diablo IV  is out and this is D3’s last NEW Seasonal Theme, I’m not sure that I will continue updating this thread.

Season 30 will introduce the Altar of Rites permanently for all Game Modes. Season 31 will begin recycling previous Themes. I’m expecting new Patches will be focused on balancing and fixes.

When I created this thread I made it a Wiki. So, if I don’t return to update it in the future, anyone with Wiki-editing permissions is welcome to keep it updated.

Wherever your adventures take you, Good Luck and Good Hunting!

Asᴋ ɴᴏᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ;
ᴀsᴋ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ

I do not hide from my enemies.
I do not run from my foes.
I seek them out; I hunt them down;
and then they’re quickly disposed.

~ 𝑃𝑒𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑜𝑒

3 Likes

I love it when people actually put forth an effort to help the community, instead of just complaining about everything. Thank you for your effort.

1 Like

Why is this not stickied yet, this is one of the best and most helpful threads on the D3 boards

1 Like

Good question.

I guess players will just have to Bookmark the OP and give it tags, such as: Patch Notes, Themes or whatever.  

1 Like

I’ll ask if it can be stickied. Ultimately, it’s up to the Community dept, so no promises.

3 Likes

I believe @MissCheetah tried this shortly after the thread was created. But, it couldn’t hurt to have another MVP voice to lobby for us.  

1 Like

Looks like it worked, mate. Thanks!  

1 Like

:grin:

3 Likes

It’s about time this was stickied.

3 Likes

Links to the 2.7.1, 2.7.2 and 2.7.3 are dead

3 Likes

Thanks for the notification. I think I fixed it. (Don’t know why Blizzard moved these).

3 Likes

I’m trying to update the OP. But every time I click Save Edit nothing happens. (I even tried the alternate Ctrl + Enter). I tried in Firefox, Firefox Private Browsing and Microsoft Edge.

Is there a limit to how many times a thread OP can be edited?

If so, I’m going to have a difficult time updating this thread for future Seasons.  

Edit: Tried something different this time and it worked.  

I’ve updated the OP to include links for the Season Theme Blogs.  

1 Like

You never sleep? :shushing_face:

1 Like