I’ve posted it elsewhere, but I decided to make a topic so more people can comment and I can have bragging rights when we arrive there.
Some points may be a little off, but I think this is where we are headed, more or less:
- Helya was the one who weakened Vol’jin, leading to his fatal wound.
- Vol’jin was already dead when Sylvanas was appointed Warchief. It was Helya manipulating Vol’jin’s corpse. That’s why Vol’jin can’t remember things clearly.
- Some other entity brought Vol’jin’s spirit back from the Other Side. My bet is Rezan.
- Once Sylvanas was made warchief, Helya leaked information about Eyir and herself to her, leading her to Stormheim and their pact.
- Helya survived her own death due to the pact. She’s now in contact with Sylvanas.
- Sylvanas’ endgame, guided by Helya, is to kill Azeroth and everyone in it, turning the whole world into a realm of undeath, with Helya as its goddess.
Reasons for the War
- The whole war is just a distraction while Sylvanas and Helya work in the background towards their endgame.
- The Void fears Sylvanas because she would lead to the death of the World Soul, and her plans would kill even N’Zoth.
- However, N’Zoth has his own plans, and is trying to get ahead of Sylvanas.
- N’Zoth made a pact with Xal’atath because he knew Sylvanas/Helya would use the blade in their plans. So, he freed the entity in it and replaced it with his own essence, essentially derailing Sylvanas/Helya’s plans.
Final Patch’s possible plot
- Final patch is going to be a four-way conflict between Alliance/Horde/Sylvanas/N’Zoth. The Alliance/Horde part will be developed in questing, while the battle between Death and Void will be the theme of the final raid.
- “On the eve of her third death” is about Helya. Her death will lead to N’Zoth freeing himself.
- I still think the final patch will be set in Quel’thalas and both Helya and N’Zoth want the Sunwell to power their efforts.
- I also still think the void elves will be revealed as mostly traitors serving the Void in the final patch. Not all of them, but I think Umbric will be one of the traitors. They will lay a trap to transform more elves, since a lot of thalassians in both sides will be present in a Quel’thalas story. You know where this goes… That’s how void elves will get a “real race” status, but the “new” void elves have a completely different mindset from their predecessors, as dealing with the void was never a choice they made, so they view it as a curse.
- So, in essence, Alliance has been used as pawns of the Void (“The boy king serves at the master’s table”), while Horde was manipulated by Death.
- N’Zoth will be freed but not as we imagine it. Rather than breaking his prison, his essence in Xal’atatah will gain a mortal form, in a Nyarlathotep way, and he will be set up as a villain to plague us over future expansions.
Waiting now for 8.2 to adjust speculation as needed.
Update Jul-23th (click to expand)
N’Zoth’s fate: I haven’t updated this thread in some time. 8.2 unfortunately didn’t give so many hints about the future, but it did prove that the part about N’Zoth not being free was wrong. I’m now leaning towards N’Zoth being defeated by the end of the expansion, but Xal’atath becoming the last old god remaining (“it’s ironic that the weakest of us would be the ultimate victor”).
Also, I’ve been re-reading the Three Sister comics, and the whispers that Alleria hears seem like taunts and temptations. But… what if they aren’t just that, but warnings about the future?
Let’s analyze what the Void says to her:
When with Turalyon
“…can never be enough. Prove your love. Slay him and free him from the curse of the Light. Stop resisting. Give in and become one with us. It’s only a matter of time…”
Coud foreshadow Alleria’s descent into madness. Maybe something happens with Turalyon or Arator, but one of them manage to bring her back from madness. Or maybe not. Maybe she and Sylvanas end up being a free-for-all boss (one against the other, we against both), each representing a cosmic force we need to stop (Death and Void).
When meeting Vereesa
“The throne of Silvermoon is yours by right. Take it. Deliver this weak one to us, and we will grant her purpose…”
The Void wants Vereesa? Could it be foreshadowing of the fate of the high elves? This may or may not hint towards my predictions that the void taint will spread to the high elves.
When meeting Sylvanas
“This one is dangerous. She is a threat and must be ended. Beware this one, she seeks the death of all things… all possibilities. End her threat. Murder her, murder her, save yourself and murder her. Save the world and murder her.”
Wow, this really boosts my theory about Sylvanas’ endgame. Also, the voices say “save yourself and murder her”. Maybe because Sylvanas will kill/wound Turalyon or Arator, thus killing her at that point would prevent the dark future ahead?
When Sylvanas shows her banshee powers
“She’s a violation she serves the true enemy kill her now kill her kill her now remove her from this world and take from her what you need now now now”
Again, the void really fears Sylvanas. Maybe she’s the one who can stop N’Zoth (by killing Azeroth and impeding him from corrupting the titanic soul).
When returning to her family
“This is nothing. You should have killed her. Now it’s too late. You have sacrificed greatness for false feelings. They will leave you. You will watch as she claims them.”
Again, hinting at Turalyon’s and/or Arator’s death, caused by Sylvanas.
So yeah, I say these whispers, if profetic, give more weight to my endgame prediction.
Update Sep-12th (Click to expand)
Alliance/Horde conflict seems to be ending in 8.2.5. THat changes very little of my prediction, as we can still have the Death/Void conflict as the center stage of 8.3.