High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Was that a typo or a mysterious race I have yet to hear about?

1 Like

Typo.
Greatfather Winter has GOT to get me a new keyboard.
skäl!
:beer:

EDOT I’ll fix it.

1 Like

Figured it was the Vrykul. Just got a little curious if there was a new race or something.

2 Likes

Hmmm…the Vyt’hul!
…and her little RP engine gets to work!

1 Like

Agreed. I think that would be the best route.

1 Like

Hey, guys, can I ask for a small favor?

I want to update my thread on Sylvanas’ endgame, patch 8.3 and the end of BfA, but the forum doesn’t allow me because I was the last to post there.

Can someone reply to the thread so I can update it? It also features my theory on what Blizzard is planning for the high elves.

Link: Sylvanas' endgame and BfA last patch (Speculation)

aggressive

ADJECTIVE

1. Behaving or done in a determined and forceful way.

It had nothing to do with tone.

You are, or were at the time, posting and responding to a half-dozen people at once – which makes the use of the word aggressive appropriate, and unrelated to the content of your posts completely (and, by extension, unrelated to any tone).

I’m genuinely confused by this understanding of things.

It isn’t an abandonment of their history, if a groups modern circumstances necessitate they behave in a way that is inconsistent with how their ancestors might have – if adapting to circumstance was tantamount to abandoning history, virtually every playable race in World of Warcraft has done so by this point.

• Do any of us believe Anasterian Sunstrider would’ve tolerated Quel’thalas adjoining itself to the Horde?

• Do any of us believe Dagran Thaurissan would’ve tolerated Shadowforge attaching itself to the Alliance?

Of course not, these groups changed, and adapted – and their history, both the good and bad, inform their decision-making moving into their future.

This is what many people want for playable High Elves, myself included, and it doesn’t at all require them to remain dainty or fabulous.

To be fair, this isn’t exactly an issue of abrupt narrative advancements being inherently problematic – because there aren’t a lot of people who don’t like Void Elves specifically because they’re Void Elves.

The issue was that instead of utilizing a readily available group of Thalassians, and those most likely to throw their lives down for Alleria Windrunner in the first place, they contrived up an entirely new group to then turn them into Void Elves.

5 Likes

I don’t support the use of the Human Rig. They are Elves, not Humans. And personally i don’t like the Human rig, i think the males are too bulky for casting classes and the females have bad animations.

If it is really mandatory that we are not allowed to have more than one race with the Thalassian rig in the Alliance i can tolerate a modified Night Elf rig, at least it’s a Elf model.

5 Likes

Yeah because blizzard has made belfs SUCH AN INTEGRAL PART of Horde lore.
/sarc off.
All blizzard did was give the Horde a pretty race so they wouldn’t go on being roflstomped in BGS and other pvps.
Aside from that, they have had NOTHING to do except stand around and look pretty.
For eleven years Lor’Themar has been Sylvanas’ lapdog and nothing more.
Lorewise, they’re already on the discount shelf.
Skäl
:beer:

2 Likes

I feel like the tears from another Blizzcon where the pro side is essentially told no or just ignored is going to be epic.

Horde got them during Burning Crusade and that seems to be it aside from void elves which I’d say aren’t changing any time soon.

1 Like

You really don’t know as much about Horde lore as you seem to think if you believe this.

6 Likes

Enlighten us all, then.
What has Blizzard had the Blood elves doing with their time?

1 Like

I assure you that Fyorsing is more than capable of defending herself. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Off the top of my head they spearheaded the Horde’s advance in BC and then alongside the Aldor fought off the Legion, they were the main Horde point of contact with Dalaran in Wrath, in Cata they spearheaded a couple of the Horde zones as the Reliquary and they fought the Amani in Zul’aman, in MoP they were the tip of the spear again for the Isle of Thunder and then were heavily involved with the whole mana bomb fiasco leading up to the Purge, in WoD they weren’t orcs, in Legion the blood elves were an equal half of the Illidari and again acted as the tip of the spear in Suramar and so far in BFA they’ve been pretty quiet.

My main point though was Lor’themar was always kind of a douche to Sylvanas and refused to speak Thalassian to her most of the time.

1 Like

Lets see, we were main focus of two dungeons, a raid and a couple zones in BC. During MoP played a pivitol role in a zone and a few story lines. In legion also there for things, MoP were there. Oh but Blood Elves have no real role in the Horde.

2 Likes

You said that so much better:grinning:

1 Like

Just show them this and they tend to go quiet.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/329725237438578688/497559136259801088/HighElfMockup.jpg

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/433270544218062849/501913151353257994/raphah_edit.jpg

https://66.media.tumblr.com/384af1931b0d72433d58e4013c5ac47a/tumblr_pi08h6VWIb1smv67eo2_1280.png

By Talendrion

11 Likes

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

Why does the guy that trained the Bride in Kill Bill keep showing up in those?

1 Like
https://imgur.com/a/pFecirA

Silver Covenant NPCs in SW attack Horde on sight. The Horde counterpart to them does not

10 Likes