9.2.7 Auction House is Temporarily Closed

Update 8:30 p.m. PDT

We’re very close to finished with the part of the fix that required we keep the AH closed. The AH should open up on all realms in the next few minutes.

As we take further steps to return player accounts to their previous condition, a very small number of players will be locked out of their characters for an additional time. We’ll return them to availability as quickly as possible.

Again, we thank you for your patience.

Update 6:45 p.m. PDT

We were able to determine the cause of the issue and create a fix for it.

We don’t yet have an ETA on re-opening the Auction House.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

We’ve got a critical bug with the Auction House in 9.2.7, and just before 5:30 p.m. PDT, we closed the AH while we investigate and fix it.

We’ll track this issue closely and provide any further updates as soon as we have them.

24 Likes

Oops
That’s not good

Should probably slow down on these big releases. Not just for our sake but for your developers’ sake.

10 Likes

Wait…
“Hopefully fix it”

Implying you might not be able to fix it?

17 Likes

Darn. I was just enjoying looking through the 40%-50% price decrease of all of the commodities made regionwide! Guess I’ll just go back to running circles in Oribos :frowning:

3 Likes

This stuff happens, the change to the AH is a huge undertaking. A lot of issues happened when the AH ui change happened too, and they fixed it in a timely manner, I’m just grateful it’s a part of the game Blizzard is spending time on as I love playing the economy on this game

3 Likes

Kaivax confirmed the AH has been removed from WoW.

JK. :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

I wonder how much extra gold was introduced into the market because of this bug.

1 Like

Free gold = critical.

4 Likes

Well, that’s not the way I would have fixed the TSM issue.
But it’s a solution nonetheless.

1 Like

Not a good look, Blizz. You’ve been planning this for months, you took an entire shift to deploy the code, and then discover a critical bug that forces you to turn off a central in-game service.

6 Likes

If Humanbeak were around, I bet they’d be livid. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

High end raiders, keyers and pvper have their addons and weak auras. Gold makers have theres :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can fix tomorrow with another 8h maintenance.

5 Likes

It’s a fine look.

Do you say the same thing to Banks when their ATM malfunctions and won’t give you money? No. Because you accept accidents happen, especially with coding.

7 Likes

Inept apathy. How can this game be trusted to produce a decent new xpansion when you cannot even get 2 simple things in a small patch right?

4 Likes

Welp guess I’ll have to stand around Oribos and hawk my wares like I’m back in old school EQ.

East Commons tunnel!

2 Likes

What do you do for work?

but i just posted my stuff…

god damnit…