Bug: Receiving payout for cancelled auctions

Yeah seriously, I would be mad if I got banned, reported it the second I noticed… Would gladly let them take the money for those listings and give me my items back lol

I was so confused how i made gold today not selling anything

Wouldn’t surprise me if some people made over mil gold today selling nothing.

2 Likes

I have received more gold for stone soups(like 60k but not collected from the mail), I have not reposted since initial post and also still have 200 posted. So, I think it is safe to say this is broken.

If all you did was normal AH transactions, you are fine. You rapidly realized something was wrong and stopped.

If someone realizes there is a bug and jumps at the chance to exploit that bug, then there tends to be an issue.

I would agree. I also think they closed down the AH for now to investigate.

2 Likes

yeah that’s the hope. I can happily give the extra gold back, have plenty.

1 Like

Blue post on it.

2 Likes

Thank you, couldn’t figure out what was happening! I listened a about 800 flasks, cancelled them a few times to relist as prices were shuffling around and eventually sold them all before gold started arriving in the mailbox.

I stepped away for a walk and when I came back there was the the gold I expected to receive plus about a million additional gold. Yikes.

I thought maybe it was just paying out double or triple sometimes, or maybe it was lost gold from previous sales (that happened one time a while back… last time they updated the AH I think.) but this explains everything.

1 Like

I wanted to say. Excellent bug report. Although it borders on explaining an exploit. Not only did you give great info, you went into other threads and directed a few folks here to consolidate reports.

This is what got passed up the chain, at least from one side.

2 Likes

Thanks! I was really anxious about this bug and wanted to make sure it was seen and understood. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually kind of panicked when I saw it because exploit potential. Sent it up to the Forum Support Agents pronto so it got passed on fast. I am sure others were doing that too. In this case, it is an isolated system they can shut down alone so damage is hopefully limited.

1 Like

Thank you for your efforts! I was nervous about it too once I noticed what was happening. Saw your post on someone elses post and it helped immensely!

1 Like

Thank you, Thrusty. :slight_smile: It’s always worth reporting problems, especially once you verify it.

There are people out there who have millions of gold in stock floating around on the AH at all times, I worry that the ghost revenue in those few hours could’ve made it into the billions. I appreciate your help sending this upward, Mirasol!

I accidently found this bug and didn’t realize how to do it . I retraced my steps and when I I made test auctions to replicate it, I made them for outrageous prices. I made 3.4mil from it because of it. I immediately reported bug after I received it in the mail. I haven’t spent any of it.

1 Like

Update

1 Like

Yeah, I saw yours before I made a post of my own! <3

1 Like

Warning: This is still happening.

I just received gold for auctions I cancelled yesterday. I opened a bug report from my account with the exact items and gold received in an attached a screenshot.

Edit: It also shows myself as the buyer.

Edit 2 : It’s also happening with expired auctions. I also got my items and gold back on those.

1 Like

This is absolutely still happening, and it’s happening with naturally cancelled auctions, like my 12h duration is up and I’m getting gold + items back, it shows me as the buyer even though I’ve done nothing.

1 Like

this is happening to me too on auctions that expired this morning

maybe the bug doesnt apply to auctions made after the ah fix? i dont know, i think i made these auctions before the ah was fixed

1 Like

Happened to me as well. Auctions set to a 12 hour duration yesterday came back as “expired” today, but I also have sales for those exact same items. Put in a bug report.

1 Like

Still happening, I received my expired auction and the gold for it as well.

1 Like