Min/Max essences/corruptions aren't a requirement

It doeant take months to grind to any rank 3 essence just stop lol. Some of them can be done in 2 weeks. Visions which is a good essence for a fair amount of dps can be obtained in 1 day.

idk, I assumed OP meant any corruptions

If we’re just talking about IS/Echo, then yea those things arent 100% needed, but they do help

Appreciate the clarification.

It’s annoying to go over items on my phone.

I was just looking for IS/EV/TD since those 3 get the lions share of the crying on the forums. Or really any dps one (tentacle, etc)

True enough, but for the OP to claim that min/maxing isn’t “required” is… sorta silly. The mythic fights are tuned with corruption and BiS essences in mind. If they weren’t, they’d be ridiculously undertuned. The difference in DPS between a player using the worst essences and no corruption, and a player using the best essences and bis corruption is going to easily amount to 20-30k dps. Which… Is enormous…

1 Like

I don’t think it’s fair to look at worst vs best essence and no vs BiS corruption. It’s not typically that extreme.

It’s more compare to the relatively simple to acquire essences vs the time gates ones. Things like meme beam and crucible are impossible to not get. And the BotD is really strong for being easy to get.

And corruptions will come with time. Drops can be traded, etc.

1 Like

Feel free to have a terrible character nobody wants to invite to their group because they are a dead weight

4 Likes

So what the Op is saying is they can out dps anyone with their rank 1 WIS essences vs the same class with their BIS rank 3/4 essences and would also do that with no corruption vs them with avg/above avg corruption gear…

Here OP. Here’s some Sims to show you how much each of these “requirements” add up: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/qYUhj6kqUqa2UD7Jxer4wK

The first line is my toon as is simming at 54k ST dps (full ST is 55k as I usually use crucible). The second line is me systematically going through every choice on my current gear set up and deliberately choosing the wrong choice. Over and over, choosing wrong, wrong, wrong.

This amounts to a loss of… Drum roll please… 21,436k dps… AND I don’t even have good corruption pieces on my gear… If I had rank 3 infinite stars, it’d be a 30-35k dps drop…

Please… Stop acting like min/maxing doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

This notion that you can just ignore massive throughput bonuses like that is absurd.

Tell you what - disable AP, essences, and corrupted bonuses in raids, ranked pvp, and m+ - then sure you can make a compelling case that it isn’t “required”.

Yeah I am sure 10-20k passive DPS increase for some classes is “not a big deal” xD

2 Likes

You’re not wrong, but at the end of the day, all of these little bits and bobs add up. And it makes for quite a shopping list to acquire them all to actually feel like you’re not the weak link in your desired content. Particularly if you’re trying to push into content that you personally find challenging.

1 Like

O.o

o.O

:thinking:

1 Like

This entire thread is kinda silly.

Yeah, no, Essences don’t make you good at the game. Keybind that interrupt and don’t burn your stun.

Are you purposely misquoting Addr?

They didn’t say anything about them making you good at the game.

Maybe you should read it again Basp.

Typical Baspirath move really.

1 Like

ROFL, good luck with that.

Plenty of bosses have abilities that cannot be interrupted and almost all are immune to stun.

Every single boss in the game as well as PvP scenarios will benefit from more throughput on all of your spell casts (especially if your interrupt/stun is on cd).

You cannot “misquote” on the forums.

“Good at the game” are words 7 through 10 in the quote I made.

I did to count the words.

You mean quoting something and responding to it ? Yeah. I’m like that.

Funny seeing how I spent all night soloing interrupts on our Mythic Hivemind kill.

Just that one boss huh? Was that the only spell you cast the entire fight?

Or did you attack the boss at any point with any other ability?

1 Like

How many people had rank 1-2 essences (not counting the -10 corruption ones) in your raid? :clown_face:

1 Like