Min/Max essences/corruptions aren't a requirement

At least not one that blizzard designed into the game. They’re a player requirement that’s artificially put in place by the players.

The content can be completed without min/max essences/“forges”.

Will it be easier with min/max gear? Yes.

Players made it a requirement, stop blaming blizzard for putting high powered, fun stuff in the game. It’s there as a bonus, and you can still do the content without it. Blame the players who only want the absolute easiest run of everything possible.

16 Likes

You don’t even need a keyboard to play WoW in 2020.

7 Likes

but… but… that’s what those wow gods are saying they need!!
we, the sheeple, must follow!!

BAHHHH

3 Likes

It is a requirement. See how easy m+ and mythic raids go if you have bis gear.

18 Likes

Correct!

Though if you’re going for a +4 and you get rejected based on io then maybe it’s a blessing in disguise. Unreal standards leads to unreal disappointment.

So I wouldn’t take it to heart.

(Not pushing past 455-460 this patch personally)

3 Likes

You absolutely need a keyboard to play WoW in 2020 because you play WoW on the keyboard with your feet and you keep your hands on your phone for social media.

Learn to 2020, boomer!

2 Likes

what I think of when I hear some one say Boomer.

2 Likes

I have to agree.

If you are pushing high end content it is required. If a person is forming a group they will do their due diligence to form the best possible group using min/max.

5 Likes

He’s right though you don’t need a keyboard with a 17 button mouse that can be expanded with shift,control and alt.

In arenas over 2k it’s basically a necessity. You’re playing from behind every single game if you don’t have 400k+ hp and a decent corruption (as dps, healers can get away without it I guess, although I’d really like a +% mastery corruption or something)

Which is an issue to me and a separate issue. I do believe that, at the very least for arenas, there should be a separation of PVE and PVP gear so that people who enjoy PVP and not necessarily high end PVE, can still stay competitive doing the thing they like and not get steamrolled by tourists who only enter an arena once they’ve raid geared up enough to stomp the competition without having the same commitment or skill level.

1 Like

No they are very much a requirement

The DPS difference between the best essence and worst ones is very noticeable

Sure if youre doing daily quests and heroic dungeons, sure they won’t matter

If you want to PvP, raiding, mythics, then yes you need them

7 Likes

you really don’t. the content can be completed, albeit it’s harder, but it can be completed without the full raid having all the BIS bits and bobs.

Thinking you ‘need’ everyone in that stuff is like saying you need flasks to do MC in Classic. you don’t.

Sure the content in Retail is harder, but it’s technically harder. Having BIS and min/max on the side systems like corruption and essences makes the content easier, not ‘doable’. Need is the wrong word.

2 Likes

I don’t really mind corruption, but there’s just such a massive disparity between the people who had good corruption rng and those who didn’t. It’s like a 50% dps difference

Some people have multiple corrupted pieces, tons of choices, got their infinite stars day 1, etc. I’ve literally got a single corrupted piece since the patch (420 t2 echoing void boots that were nerfed by over 50% the same day I got them). One single piece from 2 caches, emissaries every day, about 30 or so world quests, 10 or so m+ keys, 175~ arena wins, a bunch of visions, etc etc. One piece.

The chances of getting corrupted gear shouldn’t be this low when it’s basically the whole point of the patch and you can uncorrupt gear whenever you want for basically nothing

Yea, go ahead and do mythic 10+ or mythic raiding, or high PvP with trash essence and no corruption

You won’t get far

4 Likes

If you’re not progging mythic or trying to qualify for the MDI, you don’t -have- to do it and will eventually outgear it if your group is coordinated enough.

But it’s a frustrating thing to deal with a loot based progression system, nothing is earned, everything is random.

2 Likes

Look at Classic. Even though MC was cleared by people in a lot of greens some not 60, people will still require a lot more than that to run. Just because it’s ‘possible’ to do something in non-BiS isn’t going to stop people from asking for that to increase their groups chances.

It’s about the chance % for the time they have to play. It’s also worse in PvP, given it’s almost entirely what PvE items you have and corruption.

Look at Feral druids. Even now people will still go ‘lolferal’ when you apply for groups because they were bad at start of xpac. Community perception is big.

This also doesn’t go into mythic raiders who need/want to alt stuff, which requires their alts to basically be BiS to participate…

Feral druids are still bad tho

high powered vs. tank clear trash pack in heroic raid alone

Old man in left4dead “boomer here!”