Why greater drums? just add tinnitus

seriously Blizzard, adding new drums that cost more but don’t make the drums any less mandatory?? just ADD TINNITUS DEBUFF that comes out right after tbc…

104 Likes

Sorry is there a blue post confirming these drums?

1 Like

It was data mined.

It doesn’t make them any less mandatory but it does make it so every raid member doesn’t have to be LW.

It does fall in line with what they said about changing them.

Data mined != confirmed. Amazing

1 Like

And now for the rumors behind the news . . .

Yeah right haha.

1 Like

Glad you agree, so why are you freaking out.

this wouldn’t be the classic forums if the sky hadn’t fallen through the world into the core of the earth and then around to jupiter and beyond. a lot of these people are very ego invested in the game in a really unhealthy way. note i use the word “game,” not “lifestyle.” ijs.

1 Like

?? I’m not.

Can we name the debuff something else? Tinnitus is awful.

I honestly don’t get this.

Note- this is assuming the new drums are raidwide.

If it’s raidwide you need 4 LW to press one button with 50 charges once every 2 mins or so.

50 charges. You’ll go through 1 per person every couple of raids.

The materials aren’t particularly ridiculous either.

It’s 5% haste. Meaningful but not gamebreaking.

Why does this need a debuff? It’s good but not so strong it needs a nerf…

1 Like

If it wasn’t breaking, they wouldn’t have put in the debuff 14 years ago

2 Likes

Oh, please point me to the TBC PATCH where they added the debuff.

I suppose you feel classic flasks were broken because they too got nerfed the next expansion?

1 Like

It’s a bit more than datamining. People have found the recipe for greater drums being sold by a vendor on the beta and know what the greater drums will do.

amazing how something directly from the game files is still not good enough for some…

Von. . brother. . do we need to go over this again?

Datamined files are not reliable.

Not to mention we are in beta stage.
Things will AND already have changed.

Go ahead and state a dislike or an alternative

But bro. Datamining at this point is just wowhead trying to get your eyeballs.

Ok. . Next topic.

yes, the files referenced by the client to determine what something is supposed to do is completely unreliable… got it

Yep.

So, tell me, how well did the whole Store Mount datamining thing pan out for ya? Hrm?

but medically accurate

Confirmed.

Leatherworking drums have been a hot topic since we first started working on Burning Crusade, since they would make Leatherworking feel mandatory.

In the first few patches of original Burning Crusade, the drums had a cast time and smaller radius, which limited their effective use. Leatherworking was an unattractive profession at the time, so the drums were improved in patch 2.3. That led to the fond memories we all have of drum rotations as one of the added layers of teamwork in later Burning Crusade encounters.

Right now in the Burning Crusade Beta, all Leatherworking drums now have an Uncommon and Rare (i.e., “Greater”) version. Our current thinking is that the greater versions will be acquired via recipe drops from Zul’Aman.

While it’s true that we’re generally planning to implement items (and spells and maps and everything else) in their patch 2.4.3 state, this one stood out as something we should make an exception for. By default, we don’t want to change the behavior of items from patch to patch, so we think the right thing to do is to introduce the greater drums as a new item, so that the behavior of the original items doesn’t have to change.

23 Likes