Faster Legendary Cloak Upgrades

Later today, we will apply a hotfix to the game that will allow players who have upgraded the legendary cloak Ashjra’kamas to Rank 15 to purchase Malefic Cores from MOTHER for 2,000 Echoes of Ny’alotha. This will be repeatable, up to the current maximum Resistance that the cloak allows (currently 92 Corruption Resistance, and next week this will increase to 95).

The intent of Malefic Cores was to provide ongoing incremental weekly power gains, to help overcome remaining challenges in this final tier of Battle for Azeroth. This has been similar to past systems in Warlords of Draenor (upgrading the legendary rings via Archimonde drops) and Legion (upgrading trinkets from Argus the Unmaker). While each extra bit of Corruption Resistance only represents a small increase in potential power, we understand the frustration of feeling weeks behind, especially without any controlled way of closing the gap faster. With this hotfix, players can further supplement their progress through the wide variety of endgame content that rewards Echoes of Ny’alotha.

It will still be possible to earn up to two Malefic Cores per week by fully clearing a Horrific Vision and/or defeating N’Zoth the Corruptor on Normal difficulty or higher.

Thank you!

94 Likes

Oh wow. They actually did it!

It’s not a perfect change, but removing the need to kill N’zoth on normal is going to really help out a lot of new/returning players.

30 Likes

My alts appreciate this change!!

15 Likes

Huzzah!

/10char

4 Likes

OMG! IT WORKED! We actually did it!

4 Likes

How about allowing me to buy game time with my Echos? Make it happen Blizz.

6 Likes

They listened* THERE IS HOPE AFTER ALL!

2 Likes

TY TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED keep the malefic post with over 4k views relevant.

5 Likes

Faith in Blizzard RESTORED.

4 Likes

does this mean I still have to lvl mine to rank 15 still ??!!

7 Likes

Yay! I might go level some alts now.

Blizzard as a side note, I think nearly EVERYBODY would appreciate it if player progression was earnable from the start. Every expansion needs some kind of RNG net.

9 Likes

Wow, I can’t believe it. My post actually worked! Ty so much for allowing the new/returning/and current players with alts enjoy the corruption system to its entirety for the remaining expansion.

12 Likes

What about buying specific stat (Haste/vers) 475 gear?
The only source is the RNG Weekly caches.
Raid only has 3 plate Haste/Vers pieces.

2 Likes

LOL don’t hold ya breath on that one

7 Likes

What a blessing.

2 Likes

There it is dude

1 Like

Any chance we can send echoes to our alts as well? It’s going to take a long time to get enough echoes to buy all of your cores to catchup AND buy enough to actually buy the corruptions you need, while my main has like 30,000 just sitting on him

18 Likes

2k is a bit steep but a welcome change. Alts will be happy.

11 Likes

I would like to get cores from visions, but eeeh this is fine I guess…
Thank you Blizzard.

3 Likes

Just when I thought I lost hope in Blizzard for correcting their time gates on BFA before next expansion. SKOL!