*Please Delete This Thread*

Dont matter what I do, i found a few remaining activities to keep me occupied in the game at the moment, but with every little manipulation they add to the game to slow my progress (Throttle my game play) takes me one step closer to leaving due to the game being less fun to play, that not a threat but just how I feel, i am starting to look at other games to play and spend my money on. I am sure other people feel the same way also. If not then its just how i feel.

2 Likes

Honestly none of this is really fun on a main either.

You are deluding yourself if you think this whole system isn’t designed to keep you subbed and grinding out the same non-sense you have been doing for months.

Why do you think you get currency from emissaries, heroic warfronts, and all the non-sense you should have graduated past in 8.1.

No one makes an alt to run more emissaries.

Also you act as if the gearing grind no longer exists. So this isn’t in lieu of, this is in addition to.

So if you are going to add a “catch-up” mechanic - at the very least don’t re-use the most sought after resource.

Now you have to play a juggling act of what is BiS for me right now: the corruption given my current resistance, weighed against current/next rotation, weighed against which essences I have or how quick they are to unlock w/o catch-up, weighed against how much time I have (i still have a main) for echo acquisition vs. rotation, etc.

There is some n’th level simming required to play right now and quite honestly it isn’t fun.

3 Likes

I’m letting my sub run out if that tells you how much fun I’m having now. I’ll be back for the pre-launch event though. Unless I see a beta invite pop up, in that case I’ll be back then LOL. But for now, yeah, ugh.

In the mean time I’m having a blast in ESO!

2 Likes

I have been actually researching ESO , thinking hard to switching over to that.

3 Likes

Thank you for the information.

I note that Malefic Cores are not currently available on the vendor until you already have cloak level 15. This makes them a useful catch up only for fairly hard core players.

Please put them on the vendor for anyone who has a cloak. Right now, cloak levels are required to progress in all areas of the game in 8.3, but are locked behind a repetitive Vision grind that many players find tedious. Allowing everyone to access Cores on the vendor will instead permit players to progress in any of the variety of ways in which they can earn Echoes, which will support more styles of play and retain more players’ subscriptions.

The majority of the players in my guild will never reach cloak level 15, but they need cloak progression to support PVP and low M+ progression. Please support these players too, and not just would be Mythic raiders.

I’m genuinely asking what it is you log in to do. Which parts of the game interest you, that keep you playing? And what about the cloak will/wont affect that?

The game isn’t perfect, they are in the middle of server performance upgrades with the most issues being in the PvP zone. But, I rarely have problems and the game has a ton of depth and is very fun.

I will be honest, even though it is buy to play it is worth subbing for the perks. None of the perks are P2W but they are worth having. It gives you access to all past, present, and future DLCs while subbed as well as the bottomless Craft Bag which is SO convenient it isn’t even funny, more furnishing slots in your houses, etc.

If you decide to dive in get the latest chapter Greymoor (expansion) as the former chapters will be rolled into it with the base game also. It does not include the DLCs, you either have to buy them separately or sub.

2 Likes

Will do thanks for advice!

I would definitely recommend giving it a try. I enjoy it personally.

To add on to this, regarding the ESO DLCs, you can buy them with their virtual currency (crowns, which you buy with rl cash) and you get the equivalent of your sub fee in crowns (1500 crowns, which would typically cost $15) every month as long as you have a sub. I’ve used the crowns from my sub to buy all DLCs (standard editions, not collector’s) just in case I ever decide to unsub.

Sometimes there’s a discount on crowns (up to 40%), which is a effectively a sale of whichever items you can buy with those discounted crowns in their store. Those sales seem to happen a few times a year.

2 Likes

You can also get others to gift you things from the crown store by trading gold.

Just be careful, it’s an unsupported transaction so you need to be wary of getting your gold ripped off. Usually going through a guildie is safe, and you can be in five guilds at once. I am not sure the DLCs are giftable tbh, I’d have to go look.

But that is a way to get crown items without paying real money. You just have to be good at gold making and in that game it really isn’t hard.

Blizzard has already listened to my post and changed their previous resistance cloak catch up mechanic. Please delete this thread moderators. Thank you.

That’s a good point. I do see people advertising crown store items in game. I wasn’t sure how that would work and I’ve been wary about it. Now that you’ve mentioned it, gifting items through the store makes sense when it comes to how they give you the items in game.

This thread has a blue post and that blue post would be deleted. This thread should be preserved because of that. It’s also good to see the discussion as to why this change was implemented.

What I would’ve recommended is to edit the blue post into the OP at either the top of the bottom with a thank you to Blizz, but leave the rest of the OP as it was to show why this change was implemented. Please restore the thread name to provide some context for the blue post. You can click on the edit icon in the OP and copy the previous version of the post to restore the text you deleted.

Blizzard made their own official blue post response regarding the topic of this OP.

Link is here if you want to continue your discussion: Faster Legendary Cloak Upgrades

No its not lol, not even close.

A FC of a vision is 750 sure, but you are not full clearing on a brand new cloak lol. Most classes won’t realistically FC till probably R10.

I did the math.

You need to grind out 150k coalescing visions so you will put a decent dent in the 10k echo deficit from essences…

Ya go back and math it out again lol.

The cloak “Nerf” to make it easier to level, did nothing of the sort. At rank 6 you need to FC, which most classes cannot do at that point. So its going to take more than 150k CV.

As to the 10k for essences, what is that even about? The defiect for buying essences is what your saying? Well lets start that out with Essences are 2750. 4x 2750 (which really you will need more than 4) is more than 10k, its 11k. Thats only for 4, which is not enough not a single class uses the same 4 essences for everything, you are constantly changing essences for different content and even in the same content. You cannot use Focusing Iris on every boss in Nya efficiently. 6-7 essences being needed would be more baseline.

To catch the cloak up is currently 30k. Not even getting into how much it costs to buy the corruption to even use the resist.

So lets math that again. Lets say a class that can and time gates it to do so.

Cloak 1-6, 60k CV, gets you 1500 echos.
the other 90k, if the perfect class and can do it, would net you the 750 each so 6750.

Grand total, from visions alone 8250, not even enough for 4 essences.

I mean I was assuming best case scenarios. I don’t recall having issues completing a vision (as far as was required for the quest). Certainly not if you do it in a group.

A fresh alt requires essences for the neck. There are 4 at 2500 a piece = 10k. Check the vendor they are only 2500. Essences are the 8.2 power mechanic not corruption. Not sure where you are getting 2750.

I also low-balled it saying you only need 4 if you are focusing on a single spec in order to give these nay-sayers (“its fine”) the best case scenario (least expensive).

This doesn’t take into account the major/minor assaults you would need to get enough coalescing vision currency to even run the horrific visions in the first place. Those major/minor assaults also grant echos.

As to the vision echo total - I went with numbers assuming you were only getting as far as necessary for quests - so not full clears from rank 1. Your mileage will vary if you can push further given your class (or carry).

You can find my walk-through here. I recognize it isn’t perfect.

the nerf is just garbage.

rank 8-11 taking longer than 12-15 because these dev’s literally expect people to pay for carries.

and the hamster wheel of overusing echoes as currency for everything gets worse and worse, the price is so high already.

alts have to spend 12-15k echoes on essences + another 200-300k?CV (not sure the exact amount) then get some more to catch up on the cloak resistance which is pretty high at this point from 50 to 95 (by tomorrow 95) that’s 15 cores which is another 30k echoes only to catch up to 95 and then only then you can start saving for bis corruptions.

a complete joke of catch ups this expansion… I would take WoD all day at least ashran was entretaining.

nothing is being done with the research, no nerfs on the costs it should be nerfed by at least 75% considering how limited mementos are.

Ya so you did your cloak at a different time though I am assuming.

I did my numbers assuming best case as well. They changed the numbers a few weeks back.

12-15 only requires 2 pages now, those pages come from lost areas, that was intended to make it “faster”

HOWEVER

With that change, they changed the pages needed from R6-11 to 4 pages, which the pages come from Corrupted and lost Areas. This means that 6-11 are the only places you have to FC, if you want efficiency.

Full Clearing at 6 (to get 7) is not possible, as odds are you do not yet have Elite Exterm, the issue is not one of DPS or one that grouping can fix, its an issue of your sanity drain is too much and you have no restore outside of potions cheat death and orbs, which is not enough. Even as a DH, I had to do 6-7 upgrade in 2 runs, after that I was able to get Elite Exterm, plus the 15% less drain that jump gives I was able to FC after that.

That is as a DH though, most classes are not as good at visions and cannot do that even with elite exterm. Being in a group, or having better gear only slighty helps any of this, its not a clearing issue its one of very tight timing as your not meant to FC at that cloak level, it use to be 2 pages, and now its 4.

1 Like