Malefic Core double failure

they worded it really strangely and also put in

It will still be possible to earn up to two Malefic Cores per week by fully clearing a Horrific Vision and/or defeating N’Zoth the Corruptor on Normal difficulty or higher.

making it seem like you are still stuck at +6 a week, but now have 3 ways of getting cores instead of just 2.

If it is 6 malefic cores a week, then that means people can be caught up in a reasonable amount of time. Hope that is the case.

No, I take that as you can get up to 2 cores by those other means in addition to buying with echos until you are caught up. I’m pretty sure they would have said you can buy up to 2 per week. But they didn’t.

2 Likes

They just edited it. This was not how it was originally posted. I am fine with this!!

Just got a response from Blizzard.

"I’ve edited the original post for clarity.

This will be repeatable, up to the current maximum Resistance that the cloak allows."

2 Likes

Did you miss this part because it’s at the very beginning of his post…

Did you miss the entire point of my post, which is that we shouldn’t be using echoes for this?

Definitely so.

2 Likes

Dingle berry I wasn’t responding to you, now go about pouting some more about the timegating being removed…

Because it’s only half the problem XD

Unfortunately people like you won’t be happy no matter the system that is in place it seems. The fact that Blizzard responded to my 5k view post, and is now implementing a hot fix that allows someone with echoes a chance to upgrade their cloak to cap by this week, should be enough of a win. I am happy that they listened to us, and now gave us another outlet to no longer be behind. Of course there still has to be some kind of time gate (has to be, it is part of their current business model) and with echoes, you are now no longer forced to raid for a core and you can play the end game whatever way you want to, rather it be PvE or PvP to farm the echoes needed.

There are currently two different threads on this topic, also complaining about BFA having too many currencies. You want more?

1 Like

We get it, you’re popular.

Wrong. I was quite happy with how Legion treated alts, especially when it came to sharing legendaries if your main had them all.

All I’ve wanted from this expansion is to pull my alts into guild content, and this ‘fix’ to cores hasn’t helped by splitting where my echoes go.

You are wrong if you think being able to buy your cores on your alts won’t be able to be possible earlier now than the system that was set in place a few hours ago (needing 15 weeks to both complete a raid and a full clear vision in order to catch up). Maybe you are unaware about the many ways your alts can gain their echoes. Here is a sample:

Black Empire Assaults 625
Aqir/Amathet/Mantid/Mogu Assaults 375
Horrific Visions 250 + 125 per side area (750 for a full clear)
World Quest Emissaries 250
Heroic Darkshore Warfront 375
Ny’alotha Raid 75 (normal) to 125 (mythic) per first weekly boss kill
Ny’alotha Looking for Raid 125 per wing
Random Battleground wins 75-125
Rated Arena wins 50-125+ depending on bracket and PvP rank
Rated Battleground wins 175+ depending on PvP rank
Weekly PvP Cache 875-1500 depending on PvP rank
Mythic Keystone Dungeons 15 per Keystone level
Weekly Mythic Keystone Cache 100 per Keystone level

They just edited that in, it was very vague and almost sounded like there was still only 2 a week prior to that edit.

Well I guess it will depend on how badly you want to pull your alts into guild content. If you want it badly enough, grind away and maybe you could be ready by next week.

A single tier 3 essence: 2500 echoes (x3 for a single build)
A single corruption: 3000-15000 (for a single build)
A single single core: 2000

Multiply by how many alts you have.

Hm…

2 Likes

It is definitely possible. I spent about 3 weeks getting my hunter alt ready for m illy prog. Seems reasonable to me.

If only you could do things like keys, visions, pvp and raids that not only gave echos, but also gear. And half the essences are straight unlocked passively by doing content.

2 Likes

Yes, and you only need 14 cores to reach the current cap as well as still being able to get 2 a week from a raid and an Vision clear. So in reality, you only have to buy 7 with echoes and still being able to get the others for free each week and still cap your resistance on your cloak in a reasonable time frame.

1 Like

as per that post… you can still get 2 cores per week if you’re only a week behind but if you a few weeks behind you can still use the tokens to buy cores to catch up. to me that is what im getting from what they said its just worded kinda poorly.

so in a nut shell. you still get 1 off nzoth normal nad 1 from full clear visions and then how ever many you need off mother to catch up and bypass the limit of the 2

Blizzard re-edited their post. You can buy all the cores at once today to reach cap (if you have the echoes saved for it).