Malefic Cores from vendor

Hotfixed today:

Doesn’t really fix anything though, just another time sink that doesn’t actually speed up the process at all, and the worst route blizzard could’ve taken.

4 Likes

Yea but now if you did everything for 2 weeks without even going to farm things you get from 50-92, if you spent all your echoes on upgrades.

Whew, 2k echoes for an upgrade. Now I get to choose on my alts, corruption, essences, or cores. Dope.

12 Likes

I mean if you really think about it 9 gushings is 37k, 9 vers is 45k and now full cloak resist is what 24k? You only really need 104k echoes to max corruptions/Cores out and by that time you could probably farm most of your bis r3s right?

dont forget ur rank 3 essences bro

just make cloak and neck account wide zzz

8 Likes

what is that, 2000 arena wins

7 Likes

This mean you can get 12 resist/week if you aren’t caught up?

Not the best change but nothing to complain about, get like 2k echoes from weekly pvp/pve chest combined even at low rating, get the rest of the echoes from the assaults which take like 10min tops spread across the week + 1 vision you get the currency for from said assaults.

So weekly chest x2 + weekly assault + 2x lesser assault + 1 vision is all it takes for the echoes, that’s not much playtime spread across a week.

Yeah, but you can grind echoes with relevant content. You get echoes from running visions which need to be done anyway. You get echoes from running arena, which hopefully you enjoy already. Who wants to farm the eternal palace, or grind rep with Mechagon, etc…?

Easy only 2000 wins on a alt for them to be $$.

1 Like

So you can only buy 2 a week and then do your vision and N’Zoth kill for 2, meaning max is 4 cores a week now?

Im not actually sure that wording seems to be that you get to buy 2 more cores a week but that seems stupid why would they make it like that.

Lets do some basic math here folks.

Fresh alt, no R3 essences, just got their cloak, how long does it take to be fully geared?

Lets take an Ele shaman for example, this spec needs all of the verse amps.

Verse 12% Amp: 5,000 Echoes

We need at least 7, so that comes out to 35,000 echoes.

Then we need our R3 essences, you need at least 4, but we’re going to say 5 for safety. So that would be 12,500 echoes.

We’re now at 47,500 echoes!

Full cloak resist catch up? Usually it’d be 28k echoes, but lets say you supplement it with other things and we’ll put it at 18k

We’re now at 65.5k echoes! Woo hoo!

Then, what about purchasing a vessel or two? We’ll say 5k goes to that.

70.5k echoes.

Now, lets see how long that would take to farm out arena wins. Lets high ball it and say you get 100 echoes for every game you win.

70,500/100 = 705 wins.

Assuming you go 50/50, that comes out to 1,410 games played in order to have your character at the same level as your main.

If you spam +15s, you’re looking at 314 M+15s completed in order to get your toon at that level.

slightly less for arena wins/m+ actually since u get a weekly bonus!

5 Likes

:thinking: I dont get it. I really like this change especially for alts. Why is this bad again?? :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :wink: :wink: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :kissing_closed_eyes: :kissing_closed_eyes: :thinking: :thinking: :hugs: :hugs:

echo farming is a serious pain and it’s a very poorly implemented change but at least cloak catchup isn’t time gated, just ridiculous grind gated

still dont understand why you’re like this

4 Likes

Bro I have 45 k echoes on a brand new rogue that’s already 6 gushing at rank 13 cloak I will have max cloak an add 3 more gushing or just settle for vers amps until gushing comes out I would say make echoes account wide. So I could send some to my alts

:expressionless: So either more arena games then i’ve queued this entire season on both chars combined, OR - 314 m+ runs that I can’t even be bothered to run 1 of per week anymore because I hate them so much.

Yeah let’s do 500 echoes instead of 2k and call it a day.

4 Likes

Hey that doesn’t seem so bad

1 Like

Lmao arena is about to get even more interesting with this option.

1 Like

There is no game like this