Malefic Core double failure

Emphasis on

To quote myself in the same thread:

So now we can can grind cores endlessly… With a finite number of echoes those alts are likely to be able to get weekly when the same currency is spent on other required aspects of making them viable enough to run Echo-dropping content in the first place?

You guys really just can’t bring yourselves to adjust BFA to be alt friendly even in the final stage can you? And I’m supposed to believe Shadowlands is going to be so much better for alts as marketed thus far, with these kind of ‘solutions?’

Edit: Going to highlight a couple quotes from later in the thread regarding Echo income/costs:

All said and done, I think the average weekly Echo count for most toons is about 4000, assuming people aren’t grinding out PVP and M+ all week long like it’s their job.

29 Likes

Blizzard, to the people that have alts that still need to level their cloaks, can you at least increase your malefic cores gained per week to 3, so those players have a chance to reach the cap in a more reasonable time frame.?

3 Likes

Didn’t even know, hey at least they met us half way.

I defer to my last statement, it doesn’t matter if the glass if half full if it’s filled with schlock.

5 Likes

Timegating fully removed for alt essences and cloak resist, and partially for corruption (waiting on cycle, but not RNG) and the goal posts shift again to it’s not fast enough.

6 Likes

Good point. Blizzard can we get clarification with your wording. Does this mean we can still only get 2 malefic cores perk week and it will still take an alt that just leveled their cloak 15 weeks to catch up to cap? Or does this mean we can now buy unlimited amount of cores to reach cap as long as we have to farm echoes (which is a time gate in itself)?..

Who is shifting goalposts? I have been pretty consistent on this topic. Conflating me with other users is disingenuous and intellectually dishonest.

4 Likes

“up to the maximum that you could have otherwise earned via weekly Horrific Visions or from N’Zoth the Corruptor.”

from the wording sounds like you still get +6 a week max, but now you can do visions, nzoth, or buy them with echoes, up to 2 a week if you dont do visions or nzoth.

But you can only acquire a certain number of Echoes each week, afaik.
Why add another thing to an already limited and highly desired currency?
Surely you can see why people would be unhappy with that.

7 Likes

Echos are infinitely farmable.

And we consistently have posts for Blizzard to stop adding so many new currencies it’s overwhelming.

Now it’s bad to not add a new currency for it.

And people aren’t forced into any specific path to get them since you get echos from basically all content avenues.

1 Like

You can literally farm echoes until your eyes bleed. Arenas are about 1500 an hour.

2 Likes

Good to know but… ugh, arenas. I’m assuming that’s winning matches?

1 Like

Only if you PvP, and only if you win. All other sources are limited per week.

Edit: I forgot M+, but 15 echoes per keystone level based on the time/effort makes this a mostly situational source for most players.

4 Likes

Echoes are infinitely farmable under particular circumstances, and this gets into the territory of forcing players into content they don’t want to do. My personal take is that the cloak should be account-bound, so all of the Echoes you farm can be pumped straight into essences and corruption.

That aside, if you are so worried about sharing currencies and for some reason don’t want the cloak account-bound, why don’t we just use coalescing visions since those are so easily farmable? Why does it have to be the currency that is specifically already going to making an alt baseline viable?

I haven’t complained about multiple currencies. Some people have, and I think there’s a fine line between the people complaining about an inundation of new currencies because that’s how the expansion is designed, as opposed to adding them to alleviate problems that same system has created.

2 Likes

It’s about 100 a win, depends on rating. A lot of mages in guild spammed arenas when the rotation went around the first time to make sure they got their masterfuls.

M+ is also “infinitely farmable”, but the return on time investment is nowhere near as lucrative when an arena match can take like 2 minutes.

Still better than before though ain’t it?

This thread should be called, “I know you gave us what we asked for, but I’m angry that you did that!”

10 Likes

I never asked for this, cognitive dissonance strikes again.

5 Likes

There were at least half a dozen threads asking exactly for what they gave us. When I say we, I mean the collective we.

2 Likes

It was my post (with the 4k+ views) that got a Blizzard response to it about the malefic core catch up mechanic. Everyone in this thread redirect yourself to my post that Blizzard is replying in and reply to them with their response. Voice your concerns in that post and make it grow even stronger.

Link here: Blizzard! Your Malefic Core Catch up Mechanic is Becoming a Growing Concern For Every Further Week!