89 Cloak and Can't Buy Malefic Core

I was at 80 cloak resistance so I did N’zoth and my vision which brought me to 86 resistance. Then I bought a malefic core to bring me to 89 but now it won’t let me buy another to get to 92? The hotfix said I could buy up to 92 so what’s going on?

I agree what’s going on

1 Like

Same here. My only guess is it’s because I got my two cores from vision/nzoth before the hotfix hit. It’s probably leaving room for the “1 legit” core you can get per week open ended so it doesnt somehow leave you with an extra core to put you above current cap?

At least that’s what I assumed. We’re caught in a funky spot in the code. It’ll even out next Tuesday.

1 Like

haha N’zoth wins again

10 Likes

Deleted msg

I don’t know what y’all cuties are talkin’ about, but my cloak doesn’t say anything about cloak resistance. Stop braggin’ ta me!

Same issue here could only upgrade til 89

I might be wrong, but I thought I read a correction saying you can only upgrade your cloak to level 89? I know that that’s not what Blizzard originally said and I’m wondering if wowhead made the correction.

Having the same issue. Maybe I misread something??

2 Likes

So apparently they coded it weird. You can buy up to 89 and then do you vision or N’zoth to bring it up to 92. But if you already done your vision + N’zoth this week like I did, then you are stuck at 89. GG Blizz…

So next week make sure you buy a core first, and only do your vision after you can buy no more cores.

Yeah that’s the problem there, thanks.

I haven’t done a vision, am at 89, and cannot buy core. Thought I would be able to stop doing stupid visions, but apparently not?

No looks like you will only be able to buy to whatever 1 rank before the current rank is. So we will still have to do visions probably. Take this with a grain of salt though I’m just guessing here based on what I can see.

I am at 65 resist there are no cores on the vendor, so there is something wrong.

Thanks for creating this thread, W, and those posting their anecdotes and experiences. This does seem odd and just overly complex.

It seemed as though one could purchase the Core(s) needed to reach current cap, irrespective of anything else. But from what I see here are examples of how that doesn’t appear to be true.

Seems fairly buggy

No way. I mean they announced it, and patched it later that day. Surely they properly QC’d everything before pushing it live…

This appears to have been fixed, and I was able to buy core on my character who was at 89, and now he’s at 92, without running a vision this week! :slight_smile:

It’s fixed now.