No catch up for alts

That’s just smart game design. Why make it extremely difficult for people to participate in the content that Blizzard worked so hard on, like Mythic raids? We’re not talking about making the content any easier, mind you. Just making it more accessible.

I very distinctly remember older versions of WoW where we had to get people attuned to Black Temple by running them through entire raids - which were completely useless to us - so they could just become eligible to work on the current raids with the rest of our guild. That was dumb, and a waste of everyone’s time.

They are letting people catch up.

Anybody starting now gets levels at TWICE the rate I did, and will catch up to me before either of us hits the maximum in September.

Please actually read, and think about, that. Because I’m not going to keep typing it for you.

1 Like

And that bothers you why?

I’m not bothered, but you seem to be. But go ahead and rage against the machine as long as you want.

Why not just play the game while content is current? Is it hard to accept that you might just be bhind the players who decided to put in the time and effort?

4 Likes

People speaking up creates change. There will always be those who attempt to repress. You seem very fixed in the position that because someone had to break for whatever reason, they shouldn’t catch up with you until you can get there at the same time.

I am just wondering why? It intrigues me that people feel this way. Still haven’t given a good reason.

No it sucks. Limiting it to 2 corruption upgrades a week is stupid.

Time gating for the sake of time gating is dumb.

Uh, if you’re not having fun and it’s clear that there’s not going to be anything fun to do even after months of chores, quitting is it’s own reward.

Sadly, no. The “catch up” is in name only, by design. Despite claims on Tuesday’s announcement that now any 120 can buy corruptions, no 120 without the cloak has any way of earning echoes anymore. They took that away, and now alts can’t even buy the essences a main has earned.

The only time they make big changes is when people leave en masse. Right now they’re in the mode where they tell us what we want to hear but make no real changes.

I expect to see less catch up in the future.

I suck at the game, I don’t need the catch up to max resistance. Thanks Blizz.

you act like you speak for everyone… im sorry but you speak for very few. how does it hurt you to have a player be able to compete with you? maybe a new player can now actually help your guild faster? this is more of a ego thing you are trying to argue. We are not saying give things to new players or alts for free but don’t time gate it.

Classic case of screw you I got mine

2 Likes

I started working on this character late into 8.3 and am still behind. The corruption resistance does add up very fast. I’m going to get another 3 resistance tonight during our Nya’lotha progression.

I don’t see it as much of an issue that any newer characters I make are going to have less corruption resistance than me or that I have less corruption resistance than someone who has been consistent.

It would be cool to have say, a PvP related cloak catchup but this is sufficient.

Wonder how much this bothers you. LOL. Looks like “raging against the machine,” as you so edgily put it, worked.

Of course it worked, Blizzard always caves in to the loudest whining. That’s why people keep doing it. Which leads to more caving in, which leads to more whining. It’s a perpetual cycle that Blizzard keeps feeding.

The very same day, we already had “this isn’t good enough”. As always.

Ya I got my main a full tree

I AINT DOIN NO MOE.

This is WoW. No fun. Only pay.

It’s a game. It’s meant to be fun.

The question is, do they want these people to resub and come back or not?

It’s not like they haven’t been training people to regularly unsub. See: Pathfinder. Those people would probably only take a little push to never come back again.

You mean, go back in time and play the game from the start while it is current? How exactly would that work?

Or do you mean that new and returning players should be satisfied to know that you play the game, and they don’t deserve to ever reach any end content?

“Hey you! Get back in Nazjatar! You hsven’t earned the privilege of moving on to 8.3 yet!”

youre comparing not being on the same level for a cloak to being completely behind in a patch. yikes lol

I’m not even an alt, but I took a long break. Visions feel so dull and repetitive. My progress is time locked. My cloak is moderate resistance but can’t compete with others. I can’t even take a step away from visions to do PvP because I’m splattered against a wall by those with incredibly high corruption.

Dislike the entire corruption concept so, so much.