Faster Legendary Cloak Upgrades

Good, now put all the corruptions on the vendor. Don’t time gate us more when the expansions already over. Let us enjoy ourselves and have some fun with alts.

6 Likes

But its still just 2 per week?

5 Likes

For Echoes…? What… why? Why can’t we just use those extra vessels to gain extra cores per run? Why does it have to be tied to the same currency we are trying to catch up on corruption with?

We can buy vessels with Echoes already right, so the choice to get a corruption or extra vision run is there - just leverage that already.

18 Likes

This is my thoughts also. Not friendly enough for me to play an alt. Still many weeks of grinding for most people in order to get an alt caught up. I’ll still be raid logging and playing other games.

2 Likes

Two per week if you do one vision and Nzoth, but you can buy other core on MOTHER now.

Still honestly don’t like this but I guess if you math it out it means the efficiency ratio of subsequent Horrific Vision full-clears is a little bit under 3:1.

1 Like

Not to happy about the echo cost. But it will have to do I guess.

3 Likes

My alts and non-raiding self really appreciate the change. I can finally not feel like I’m gimped for playing alts in PvP.

Anyone who’s tried “farming” echoes knows that this doesn’t really help alts at all. They still need to invest their week’s worth of echoes into Essences, having nothing left to catch-up corruptions.

Fix the cost of essences and corruptions or fix the echoes drop amounts and this will be awesome. At the moment, it’s actually click bait.

33 Likes

Thank you! Is there some philosophical or technical reason we can not earn the maximum 2 cores per week from doing just visions? Being able to buy additional cores is greatly appreciated though!

2 Likes

This is an appreciated change but you should also enable visions to drop a malefic core per full clear till a character is caught up. This is still a decent amount of time gating as echoes are a slow, time consuming grind due to the narrow windows in which to unlock them, and now we have to farm them to catch up a character’s essences, buy their corruptions, -and- buy their cloak upgrades after cap. Just feels like a ton of re-progressing on one system with a very limited availability.

6 Likes

Because causal elitists cried.

1 Like

The echo cost is getting to be way too much.

If I want to catch and alt up, I have to worry about getting various amps (5k echoes per 12%), I have to then worry about spending 1750 echoes to use on the vessels if I want to advance my cloak faster to even wear those amps, then I now have to worry further about the 2k cloak malefic cores after that.

Please increase the drop rate of these, like double or triple it from every aspect.

20 Likes

Edit; Not faster. Just more variety. Costs are high and please Blizz don’t implement anything like this system again. Thnx.

12 Likes

Echoes can be farmed in this game quite easily. With the 2 cores from 1 vision, and 1 raid still available. You can easily get caught up in a few weeks instead.

Pretty much my question here.

It’s still possible, just at a 2.66:1 efficiency loss (in terms of required runs and time spent).

So what, this costs the same material my alts would need to get essences, AND the corruptions that the extra cloak levels would be used for anyway? This is a terrible, awful, no good, very bad change. Still not playing alts and I now have yet another reason to believing Blizzard is incapable of making engaging systems. If Shadowlands is in the same tier of quality of these hotfixes I’m going to play it for a week.

Honestly, whoever came up with this “fix” should just feel an enormous amount of shame.

11 Likes

Assuming you have nothing else to spend echoes on rofl

4 Likes

So we need echoes for essences, corruptions, and now cloak. Why not just let us run horrific visions???

8 Likes