Testing of Same-Faction Battlegrounds Will Continue

First and foremost, thank you to everyone who played Battlegrounds last week and sent us thoughtful and informed feedback on same-faction play. While we don’t plan to re-enable it again over the next few days, we’re analyzing the data we collected, and we’re planning to test more soon.

Here are some of our initial findings that will inform our next test:

• Before this test, most players who joined the queue were unable to get a match, sometimes after waiting for over an hour and/or dropping out of the queue altogether. This was particularly unfortunate at some times of day or in some regions. During the test, BG queue times became short and reliable for both factions.
  • Prior to the first test, we wondered if the queue was having an effect on PvP in the outdoor world, and we now have data showing that when same-faction Battlegrounds were available, PvP deaths in the outdoor world were very close to 50/50 between the factions.
  • Similarly, win-rates for the two factions when facing the other faction in Battlegrounds were close to 50/50.

We’ll let you know as soon as we’ve completed our analysis, have decided on any further tweaks to the system, and are ready to test it again.

And again, thank you very much for your feedback as we explore potential solutions.

132 Likes

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

39 Likes

Thank you for the update, and this is a big win for everyone.

43 Likes

Thank you Blizz.

22 Likes

Thanks Kaivax. Very much hope it comes in as a permanent feature soon!

35 Likes

Thanks, this change was amazing. Looking forward to hearing more!

17 Likes

Inb4maddies

21 Likes

It’s not a perfect system but at least it lets me play my character. Hoping it becomes permanent.

31 Likes

Glad to see stats on the win ratios and open world deaths, this helps confirm some of the assumptions and quells some perceived concerns that came up prior to testing.

I think the main issue with same-faction BG’s was the sheer number of premade groups, and the lack of matchmaking considerations when accounting for them. Is there any chance that a premade vs premade preference could be included?

45 Likes

I dont know why the devs are fake-pretending to mull this change over.
The decision has pretty much already been made to make the change.

The dev team doesn’t pretend to care what the players think on retail; why are they doing the fan dance over here?

49 Likes

Appreciate the update.

4 Likes

So everything worked out great, Why is there a next test then. Release it and deal with wintraders later. No one cares, people just want to play the game.

33 Likes

Don’t even test again. Just implement this stuff. This is our time and it is valuable. Stop futsing around while we wait one hour for a que and do whats right for Horde faction.

Thank you!

42 Likes

Thank you for understanding Blizz. Its unrealistic to punish all of the horde player base because a handful of alliance players are upset.

24 Likes

Good to hear that the low level ganking is going down. “People who care about playing alliance will keep playing alliance with or without this change” yeah the people on pve server will stay. The alliance on pvp servers I’m not sure about. I had two geared level 60 horde characters in classic and switched to ally because I knew the que were going to be bad for horde.

5 Likes

Because then they don’t need to deal with the backlash of adding it while also getting the benefit of adding it. Its added, it’s just PR BS.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Blizzard. I can’t wait for the finalized version. Let the salt flow.

5 Likes

stop screwing with the game

30 Likes

if your time was valuable you wouldn’t be playing this game

34 Likes

I don’t feel sorry for the meta sheeps since you will be damn sure spending money for that human transfer for wotlk… “corporations are bad :clown_face:” types.

7 Likes