If you played BG's 40 hours a week for 3 months you still won't have a full set of pvp gear

ok so they didn’t need to play 40 hours per week? thanks for clearing this is up so quickly

1 Like

Not if you had this before TBC released.

1 Like

I mean, they ignored that same faction BGs are confirmed to be coming back permanently and that this very whiney thread already exists multiple times over. What did you expect? :rofl:

Where did they confirm it? So far it’s just been a discussion.

ya this napkin math thread made by horde who only pug and are in full greens seems to be a repeat performance, complaining about an issue that is already being fixed

2 Likes

It’s only the first non-stickied blue post, 4th post down of this page, and has only been cross posted in every single WoW-related community.

I think you linked the wrong post because there is no confirmation that it is comming back permanently in there.

3 Likes

Strange… I think my HpH is probably around 1.5k over all. I already bought 2 pieces, and I’m about to get my third. Time spent so far is about 20 hours.

1 Like

1.5k per hour? I think that plus the repeatable quest then sounds about right.

I’ve only turned in a handful. I don’t have a lot of time to spam BGs, and I’m buying gear. We’ve been winning AB at least 50% of the time and WSG between 80% and 90%. PuGs, too.

Actually participating in PvP actually grants honor!

You’re being deliberately disingenuous. If you don’t have pvp gear and you jump into arena you’ll be lucky to get 2 pieces of gear by the season end. And then you’ll be in the same boat next season. Rogues and frost mages are really the only ones who can get away without a lot of resilience and even then they still want a good chunk.

2 Likes

Actualky, jumping in to the arena while you’re still farming your honor set makes a lot of sense. Points are points.

1 Like

People do this for the default points by doing 10 games. You won’t get anything above the bare minim though unless geared enough to win games

But you also don’t need anywhere near the full set of BG blues to do well.

You’ll do just as good if not better with 2-3 BG pieces, depending on whether you sprung for the upgraded trinket, and some solid Resilience gems in PvE gear.

And delaying starting on arena because you don’t have the full blue BG set will be what sets you back more than anything else.

1 Like

I just started my PvP grind. I made a 2’s team that won 3 of 10. I’ll have 169 more arena points on Tuesday than I would have had otherwise.

Have a "can do " attitude. Might help.

3 Likes

Depends on the class and the arena size you’re playing really. Some can certainly do with a lot less. 2v2 a healer is going to need a lot of honor gear. But even just every off piece and 2 set blue will get you some decent points.

Oh yeah definitely. I mean still do arena before you get anything but you’re going to be stuck pretty low rating.

1 Like

Points are points.

1 Like

My point is that you’re going to get 1-2 arena pieces if you’re lucky at that low of a rating. Which means you’re still going to have to grind honor.

I don’t buy this ‘you’ll be 200 rated forever’ thing, i have friends who have collectively 300 resil across their 5v5 team and they are 1550 - they’ve played like 100 games, this gets them 400 points per week which is fine

1 Like

If you read my post, that’s exactly what I’m doing. And it’s what I would suggest. Ten 2’s matches at low rating takes about as much time as 1 AV if you’re Horde. 2 or 3 if you’re Alliance. It won’t hurt your honor gains at all.

2 Likes