Horrific Visions Rewards

We’d like to clarify some details about rewards from Horrific Visions. Items are awarded from Horrific Visions at the following milestones:

Objective Reward iLvl
Vision Boss Only 420
Vision Boss + 2 Bonus Objectives 430
Full Clear No Masks 445
Full Clear + 1 Mask 450
Full Clear + 2 Masks 455
Full Clear + 3 Masks 460
Full Clear + 4 Masks 465
Full Clear + 5 Masks 470

Each week, you can obtain each tier of rewards once, with a 100% chance to obtain the best reward that the you were eligible for on any given Horrific Vision.

For example, if on your first run of the week you clear 2 bonus objectives and defeat the Vision boss, you’ll get an iLvl 430 item. If you then repeat that run, you’ll get the iLvl 420 item that you were eligible for (because you’re no longer eligible for an iLvl 430 item until the weekly reset). If you then perform a full clear, you’ll get the iLvl 445 piece.

Please note: the presence or absence of other players in Horrific Visions does not influence the chance for an item to be rewarded. All loot tracking is personal, and a character must be alive and sane at the start of an encounter in order to receive credit.

20 Likes

Kinda wish that was explained to me before I burned thru all my vessels thinking I could get gear. Thanks.

109 Likes

Thank you! Some clarity, finally. Already used most of my vessels…

9 Likes

dead blizzard, you owe me 1 piece of gear with 2 objectives with 1 characters, hope to see it in the mail! <3 loves and kisses, me

18 Likes

Nobody is enjoying this patch fyi

99 Likes

well this means i get to open a ticket because i cleared 2 zones on my last run and i didn’t get a 430 piece.

13 Likes

I’ve done Heroic Vision 4 times and I’ve never gotten a piece of gear. Am I doing something wrong?

31 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. I would have definitely strategized differently if I had know this prior to launch. I based what I did on the wowhead info because blues often send us there(including in game tickets). I miss “dev water cooler” type info dumps. They would really help again.

In the future would it be possible to make sure the info on huge features is communicated prior to release. I know it’s a ton of info but at the least if something like wowhead is going to be leaned on so much by the dev team then at least make sure the messaging is consistent with them.

22 Likes

I love how we got a clear explanation of how this worked days after it went live.

85 Likes

Can you address people that cleared objective but didn’t get their respective tier reward?

34 Likes

Thanks for the head’s up. I would love to have tested this myself if the attempts weren’t so limited!

3 Likes

It would have been nice if this was explained in-game or if you guys had posted this before we burned all our vessels.

26 Likes

This clarification doesn’t address the issue that most players have done 4-5 visions without getting ANY gear rewards?

39 Likes

That. I hate the “well on other sites it says this” Dude we shouldn’t HAVE to go to other websites outside of WoW to figure out how stuff works. That’s dumb.

32 Likes

So doing 5 Visions and not getting ANY LOOT is expected and working as intended?

14 Likes

big brain plays from blizz not clarifying this beforehand

2 Likes

no, at the bare minimum you should be getting a 420 piece if you just kill the boss.

2 Likes

epic post blizz. still didnt get loot. what is wrong with you guys? billion dollar company cant do anything right

8 Likes

i’m sorry you get to be the target dummy for the indiscriminate hate. maybe you should pass along my suggestion of the dev team having a google doc for each change/addition to the game. like a section for the new visions, a section for classes, etc. it’ll really help since you just need to copy/paste it so patch notes wouldn’t be so lacking in info unless a team just sucks at communicating.

3 Likes

how do you play the visions 8 times in a week???