Reaper Rework (Proposed, not Blizzard)

(Please like/comment if you like the concept and/or have nice things to say/want to call me an idiot)

Reaper:

• Hellfire Shotguns
    • Reduced spread from 20.1 to 10.0 degrees
    • Reduced pellets from 20 to 10
    • Increased pellet damage from 2-7 to 8-12

These changes will increase Reaper’s effective range as well as his effectiveness against armor. These changes also reduce the randomness of Reaper’s damage, making his primary fire do more reliable damage.

• Shrapnel grenade launcher
    • Alternate Fire
    • Cooldown: 6 seconds
    • Area of Effect: 8 meters
    • Damage: 50 damage on impact, 50 AoE
    • Damage is not reduced by armor
    • Projectile speed: 100 meters per second

This addition to Reaper’s arsenal will allow him to finish off characters that attempt to disengage and move outside of his optimal and pick off characters in the middle of team fights. This will also help Reaper deal with characters that have a lot of armor which would otherwise strongly reduce his effective DPS.

• Wraith Form

• Speed increased to 12 meters a second
    • Allows full movement in all directions
    • Emits smoke that obscures enemy vision
    • Smoke lasts .75 seconds after it is emitted
    • Smoke stops emitting as Reaper exits Wraith Form but is still invulnerable (.25 seconds)
  • Shadow Step

• DELETED

These changes essentially combine Reaper’s movement abilities to allow him to quickly move from one place to another or close distance with a target. The quickly-disappearing smoke allows him to disrupt enemy fire and conceal his rematerialization at the end of the ability. Wraith Form now covers approximately the same distance as Shadow Step, giving him the same degree of mobility.

• Smoke Grenade
    • Cooldown: 15 seconds (Thanks Huxsi!)
    • Max Range: 25 Meters
    • AoE: 7 Meters
    • Produces smoke that obscure enemy vision
    • Duration: 5 seconds
    • Does not disrupt allied vision
    • Abilities that expose enemies behind cover (Sonar Arrow, Infrasight) will also expose enemies through Smoke Grenade.

This ability will allow his to disrupt enemy targeting and provide concealment for his team to either move to a flanking route without being seen, or move to a defensive assault position to pressure an entrenched opposing team, or even tossed into the middle of enemy position to move directly into them and pick off supports or use Death Blossom.

5 Likes

What is the cooldown on the grenade?

Reaper is not meant to be good vs armor. The whole idea of armor is to protect players from shotgun/pellet weapons.

His alternate fire’s explosion is hilariously large. The fact you would decide armor doesn’t take 5 damage off kind of proves that you really don’t know what the point of armor is.

Wraith form letting him basically fly (all directions) to any point he wants while invulnerable would make him suddenly into an optimal Widowmaker counter, much less be the ideal setup for his ult. Extremely spammable, with added invulnerability to boot?

The smoke grenade is a pretty cool idea, and the only one I think wouldn’t break Reaper wide open.

Sorry to not agree with most of the ideas, but Reaper is MEANT to be bad against armor. It is unfortunate that he now has to face a character that provides it constantly, but this is a game of counter-picking when you are in a bad matchup.

Thank you for the feedback.

If armor is supposed to reduce his damage 40-60%, what is his role supposed to be?

The alt fire has a large AoE, but it does less damage than Ana’s Grenade. It only deals 100 damage to a single target, but 50 in that radius. It also has a cooldown that gives it less than 10 DPS. And it only deals damage.

A lot of people have been asking to add an ability to Reaper’s primary fire that deals full damage to armor all of the time. I don’t think that’s reasonable, so I added that ability to the grenade as a compromise.

How is Wraith Form going to be spammable as opposed to now? I’m not averse to increasing the CD on Wraith Form given the added utility. It may make him an optimal Widow counter, but her hook is on a low enough cooldown that she should be able to get outside of his optimal very quickly.

2 Likes

We will bring this thread back from the dead like mercy brought reaper back

1 Like

That was moira not mercy.

Also don’t necro threads.

1 Like

oof, I Goofed up big time

1 Like

Nothing wrong with bringing something back up that’s worthwhile. Thread necromancy is only an issue when it’s either done to troll or as a response to a tangential point.

1 Like