How would you guys fix reaper?

I’d give him two more arms, and two more shotguns.

2 Likes

For the record so could hog and so could genji–that really doesn’t mean anything.

2 Likes

Make his pellets actually do damage outside of sneeze distance.

His spread already limits his damage potential at range, especially against smaller targets.

1 Like

reduce spread, need to be able to kill a squishy with a one-shot from 5 range.
that’s pretty much it, everything else he has doesn’t mean much if he can’t do this.

I would tighten his spread to make him more effective at close range, but I would also nerf his falloff range so his tightened spread doesn’t make him 2 shot people from 10m away

1 Like

Oh, you thought this thread was about him being too strong. lol

1 Like

I get you, but buffing lifesteal seem just “lazy” at this point.

Reduce life-steal to 20% and bring back soul orbs on final blows.

Would be funny, idk about viability though.

How would you guys fix reaper?

Don’t know if it’s a ‘fix’ or even if it’d accomplish anything useful, but an interesting thing to try (maybe someone smart could whip it up in Workshop) is to make his pellets poisonous so that they do some immediate damage and then damage over time.

Reaper is really team dependent right now imo.

Meaning he is basically just a sitting duck or a shield breaker until tanks or the other dps somehow engages to make it a brawl.

Change how Armor works.

Instead of blocking 50% of Reaper bodyshot damage, and 0.6% of Widow headshot damage.
It should block 20% of Reaper bodyshot damage, and 20% of Widow headshot damage.

1 Like

Just reduce his spread or specifically program his shotguns to deal more damage to armor.

2 Likes

Rework his kit entirely

Shadowstep behaves more like Swim from Splatoon, Wraith Form is removed in exchange for having his souls back, and a suck ability instead that allows him to absorb souls from a distance, he gets health and resource for Shadowstep back.

Then they could buff his Shotguns, I’m thinking getting rid of crits in favor of a focus on meatshots.

• give him the same walking speed as genji and tracer. He really need that considering he has 2 very weak shotguns that only deal significant damage at 5 meters or less.
  • reduce his shotguns spread by at the very least 15%
  • reduce his ult cost. It takes waaaay to long to get his ult (in his current state) compared to heroes like genji…
  • buff Wraith form speed. It is still far from enough to be used as a escape option.

Giving him all these buff at would very probably push him into “broken genji” territory but they must test some of these buffs!

1 Like

Turn Wraith into Fade. Cooldown resets on eliminations.

He’s perfectly balanced so there wouldn’t be much fixing needed. The problem is so many overtuned heroes in the DPS category that make reaper feel weak. Nerf Ashe, widow, mccree, and genji and he’ll be in a good spot.

Honestly no.

It’s not the damage creep that’s hurting him, it’s the healing creep.

But I agree, they both gotta go.

wraith form faster speed.

This way he can travel the same distance but in much less time.

May have to lower duration unsure

He’s pretty easy to follow in wraith form

his spread and damage against armor are laughable. literally tickles armor. cant even deal decent damage against slim heroes. not even in close range.

This is how