Please fix the Colorblind Inconsistencies on Console Overwatch

As it’s been over 10 months (new colorblind settings went live on October 9th, 2018) since the colorblind options were implemented to the live versions of the game, there’s still many issues with the Colorblind Settings available on Console. This list is here just to name a few of them.

=> This one is still NOT fixed after the 1.39 patch on August 13th, 2019.

• Infra-Sight
      • This same inconsistency is also true with regards to Widowmaker’s Venom Mine as well as Hanzo’s Sonic Arrow.

And I’m sure that there are others that I may likely have missed. But what’s the point of me making this? Well, it should be obvious by just looking at the evidence and comparisons here, but if it’s not…:
Please fix the colorblind settings on the Console versions of Overwatch!

Just so it’s known as well, I’m absolutely NOT the first person to have posted about these colorblind settings issues on Console. There were a good amount of threads that were made on this issue before I made this thread. Essentially, what I’m trying to say is: Blizzard, it’s pretty darn obvious that you guys are flat out ignoring your Console player-bases regarding Overwatch issues. We aren’t glitches in the system, despite how much Sombra may want to make us such. Our mentioning of issues within the Console versions of the game are just as valid as the issues mentioned on the PC versions of the game. If you guys as a company want to advertise yourselves and your game as all-inclusive, then at least act like you guys are all-inclusive; even if it has to be hidden behind a poker face.

For proof that I’m not the first person to have brought up colorblind setting related issues on Console, look within these threads below.

Inconsistencies that were around at the time of this post's creation, but have been fixed since:
  • When ultimate is ready
    • On PC, when your ultimate is ready, everything around your ultimate icon becomes the color that you set for your UI. However, on Console, only a small color border is placed around the ultimate icon in your UI with your color blind setting, whereas everything else around it stays as the default color. Not much else to say on that bit, you can clearly see the difference as night and day.
      • The same case is also true for the particle effects surrounding your ultimate ability when it’s ready. On PC, it’s whatever you set the colorblind setting to for your UI. On Console, it stays as the default color.

=> This was fixed in the 1.37 patch on June 18th, 2019.

• Lucio’s Crossfade
    • On PC, Lucio’s Crossfade aura is entirely in the color set by the user’s colorblind setting. However, on Console… Yeah, I think it’s another case of it being able to speak for itself. But in case you want the explanation anyways, everything else around which aura is active is set to the default color. That’s just not right…

• And while on-fire
    • On PC, the fire is very much the color set according to the color blind setting (red in this screenshot). However, that’s not the same on Console, where that fire effect is very clearly the default color, even though my UI color is clearly set to red (something that you can tell by just looking at the kill feed).

37 Likes

Keep up the good fight

2 Likes

Baffling how it has remained that state for 5 months on console. If it wasn’t already evident they’re neglecting console this just makes it worse.

5 Likes

ugh that blows i hope a dev sees this or somebody important in general

3 Likes

At this point they may as well delete console OW, from how many bugs they are and how little they care

Its literally more broken than the main game and thats saying a lot

1 Like

Honestly, it feels like I could fix more issues in the Console versions of the game by using a 39-and-a-half foot pole.

The sad part of this is the fact that I even decided to keep the issues on Console for this thread limited to just colorblind settings bugs. If I wanted to list further issues, I very likely could go on all day.

And while I will admit that I likely am the first to post screenshots on these colorblind issues comparing how it is on Console vs. on PC, it unfortunately wouldn’t change the fact that I wasn’t the first person to post about them. Heck, they’ve already gone almost 5 more months without replying to a single Console issue. Not only is that incredibly awful in terms of communication, but it’s well on its way to breaking their previous record of not replying to Console issues (which is nearly 8 months; something that happened during 2018 as well).

1 Like

Trying to make sure that this issue does not get left behind and forgotten.

the colorblind settings honestly are a joke, they’re so buggy and the devs haven’t done anything to fix them

Well, if there are any other issues that come to mind with the colorblind settings, feel free to reply to this thread mentioning said issue(s)!

Oh hey, I got linked.

I mean, at this point they’ll blame us for complaining about having a buggy feature incomplete version of the game. I’m still kind of bent about how they blamed us for slow development for complaining about wanting a reporting system in a game that was, frankly, rampant with toxicity. I’d like a reply to at least know that they are at least aware of the problem on console, given that, as you said, a ton of other people have already talked about it and asked why the colorblind settings are buggy on console. And it has been months since it shipped.

They do in fact note a colorblind change on ps4 from the Paris patch where they fixed the following:

• [PS4/XB1] Fixed a bug that prevented the scoreboard in Control and Competitive mode from using selected colorblind options.

But I’d just like them to come out and acknowledge that the console modes are a bit broke instead of mumbling our patch notes so quietly.

Just wanted to say; yes.

Oh my god THANK YOU!

I’d like to actually see some transparency from them, period. I can understand not making a reply to the forums daily, as much as how much I may hate to admit that fact. The forums after all, can be a toxic cesspool at times.

But one thing that would help keep the game thriving outside of the game itself is developer transparency. And that’s certainly NOT something that the developers seem to have in mind when referring to the Console versions of the game. It’s their lack of transparency which is one of the reasons why I have no qualms or remorse about breaking CoC at times here on the forums (and believe me, I make no effort to hide such either when I do so). It is because they, the Overwatch Team themselves, are not transparent with their Console player-bases.

And honestly, as much as how much flack Epic Games gets regarding Fortnite at times, there is one thing that can’t be denied from them. They are at least very good at listening to the feedback of everyone, regardless of the players’ platforms. Sure, Fortnite is newer than OW as well, but that’s not the point here. If the Overwatch Team won’t be transparent with their Console player base, why are they still updating the Console versions of OW at all? That’s how I personally see it anyways. It’s almost as if they’ve gone near silent over on Reddit as well; at least from what I’ve seen.

You’re welcome!

I remembered seeing your posts on this, recalling that there weren’t exactly comparisons shown between platforms. Hence, I made sure that the proof shown couldn’t be disputable. Owning multiple versions of the game does have its perks after all :yum:

It helps at least to know when your voice is being heard :wink:

2 Likes

Keeping this thread around

Thank you for linking my post to this. I’m glad to see others making this heard because up until now I hadn’t seen anyone else reporting these issues. Especially with comparison images. Still though considering that they kind of see us as an annoying thorn in their foot they can’t remove I doubt we’ll see any changes at all this year. That’s right Blizzard and friends I have so little faith and trust in you guys that the possibility of you guys leaving a very broken feature unpatched for more than a year sounds very realistic to me since you’ve done nothing to show us that you ever consider us as equals to PC players.

Another one:

The aura that appears when an objective is captured.

Is the issue in that it remains the default color?

Yes. At least, I think it does. I may be mistaken.

If you can test it and supply a screenshot (or video) for such, that would be great.

Will have to wait until I get home.