I dont like developer silence

Can I re-respond on this? You’ve responded to the initial thread, and a lot of people have brought up reasonable points about how some of the communication has been a problem, in particular regarding the streamers and not even knowing exactly where these streams are, especially from a forum user point of view. That’s an excellent point and seems like the perfect point to keep a discussion going with, and one where it’d be perfect to show the community that “hey, we ARE listening”. Instead, there’s no follow up here and it makes me think that yeah, the user base is not being listened to.

I mean, you say for example that you think hero balance is a lot better then the forums would believe, and you know what, you’re right to an extent. But that doesn’t address the core problem of GOATS being dominant and the meta not being very diverse, so it brings up the question where you do think the game truly lies?

I’m sorry Jeff, I know that the restrictions probably put on your team by Activision and you may not have the staff to do all that you want, but the fact is that there are core communication problems with the community, and if you really want the game to become an esport like Acitvision seems to want to, that has to be addressed now.

1 Like

Hey so on the silence subject. Ummm Jeff? Can we get a word on what, if anything, you did to Symms Primary? lol Cause somethings up.

I really don’t see a reason not to tell us 0.o

1 Like

They realized what a dumb move it was to make it 20 ticks in the first place but they dont want to admit it so they stealth fixed it.

1 Like

Im reading…

• tick rate changed
  • hitbox changed
  • no longer suffers armor reduction

Hitbox is the same i tested, tick rate seems to have been reduced by a large chunk as even my level one beam seems to do a tad to armor now.

1 Like

Top secret stuff? Now I want to know even more.
Also the UI changes are interesting, I hope you can fix the colorblind options for Console since the On-Fire effect and Ultimate effects are default colour for some reason.
Also, will we eventually get to see colored abilities in the main game? (The colored abilities as shown on Overwatch League)

That’s sadly too true.

I know ill get banned for saying this but can you make mercy less well garbage?

If this crossplay and story mode im so happy

Hey Jeff, We look forward to seeing your next Youtube video.

30 second Video from Jeff kaplain, He says hi and then the Overwatch credits play. Holiday trolling. lolz jk. :thinking:

I hope for a Christmas Miracle. The announcement of Mercy’s ability …wait for it… MASS REZ is back! (with some fair stipulations of course, so players dont despise it anymore). :wink:

Can you share any info about the vacancies listed for the OW team? Like, are you ramping up or are you replacing people transitioning out for whetever reason?

That’s wonderful, they still don’t represent the majority of Blizzard’s bread and butter. Some of them made themselves more marketable by being toxic morons on camera… I can think of a few right off the top of my head who did that… that’s actually BAD for the overall community, but they’re still celebrated since they’re a “streamer”. Sick of it, really.

1 Like

Just an observation after seeing the somewhat recent post from Jeff about all the stuff their working on but can’t tell us: It’s more than likely that one of their higher ups is denying them from telling us what’s going on until they come to a consensus what’s happening, how they’re going to go about it, and how they’re going to advertise, promote, or get the message to us, the playerbase. I mean, you wouldn’t tell people that you’re getting something in a game then deny them that after buying the game (@Fallout 76).

1 Like

True, there are definitely some that this is the case for that I can think of, but the majority? Nah.

lol theyre mean but they have a point

OWL will be dead in a few years at this rate. Overwatch is trending in the wrong direction and has been for quite some time now.

So he basically said the forum and the opinion of the playerbase on here is wrong when it comes to balancing a.k.a. they do not LISTEN to their paying customers.

M O N T H S

L A T E R

5 Likes

dam necro threads
for a second i was excited to see a blue post again

3 Likes

are you kidding me. I actually got excited seeing that Jeff replied. But I looked at the date and…

5 Likes