Blizzard, Stop with the nerfs, and make Widowmaker on par with other Heroes once again! Here are the things you really, really should do (to say at least) to make Widowmaker a fair character:
- First and foremost, increase back Widowmaker’s HP back to 200 HP, or more! This 175 HP is a disaster that made no favor at all to any of her players! And those masterful with her will continue to be a nuisance to their victims anyway, so it is pointless to try to weaken her. Otherwise, you will just keep losing players, so stop insisting with this mistake.
- “Widow’s Kiss”, in full-auto mode, has too much spread shot which should be reduced (25% less is alright but you are welcome to decrease its spread further); individual damage of bullets seems fine enough but the spread hampers too much her weapon’s efficacy; and its charged shot consumes too many bullets, 7, when 5 at most should be enough; as it is, the current setup is nothing but an excessive handicap to her players. ALSO, Reduce the charge time for full power of charged shot, make it last only 1 second, please!
- Make Widowmaker faster, she is too slow for a young very fit woman, no need to make her as fast as Soldier 76 sprinting (ironic since he is 20+ years older than her) but she definitely should be more mobile, not only to reach places faster but escaping easily from her foes, especially when Grappling Hook is not available to use.
- About Grappling Hook: its cooldown time is way too high (12s currently) when it should be in fact half of that, at most. Ideally, 5s of cooldown is a fair value for Widowmaker, but you are welcome to lower it even further if you wish. And there are further buffs this ability should have, where I posted here: ADD DAMAGE to Grappling Hook of WIDOWMAKER - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)
- Venom Mine: This ability is severely underwhelmed and deserves to be more effective. The current cooldown, 15s is insanely high and must be severely lowered to 6s at most. In this thread I also exposed other buffs Venom Mine must have: BUFF Widowmaker’s Venom Mine - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)
- Upgrade to Infra-Sight: during her Ultimate Ability, while aiming down her scoped sights, Widowmaker would slow down time (to only her, obviously) to be able to hit her targets more easily! A similar power to “Slow-Mo” Point Man had way back in F.E.A.R. (a classic violent FPS, I love that game).
- Alternative upgrade to Infra-Sight (can be cumulative with previous, if you want!): While “Infra-Sight” is active, Widowmaker would be able to shoot through any obstacles (except barriers, for purposes of balance) with her scoped shots!
If you apply all these changes, Blizzard, I guarantee you nobody will ever complain about Widowmaker again.