[OW2] How should Widow be nerfed?

Well for Hanzo I could see them maybe decreasing his projectile speed even further.

I find myself disappointed.

:fire::lips::fire:

1 Like

I hope they adress Hanzo before her as he basically has everything she has but no weaknesses which let him hard counter a lot of heroes

1 Like

Arrogance level 100. Jeez.

Perhaps you could gasp be wrong.

Doubt everything - including your own judgement. Otherwise, you are unfit and unworthy of any discussion.

1 Like

A damn smoke grenade would do wonders.

This is THE way to deal with Widowmaker: you will Massively BUFF Widowmaker, Blizzaaaaarrrd!

YOU ARE WELCOME!

1 Like

I’m hoping OW2 might have a lot tighter hitboxes, which combined with increased movement speed for dps should do a number on hitscan and Hanzo.

Furthermore, I reckon Widow is balanced as any hero can get right now, however I haven’t the foggiest why she has 300 damage on fully charged crits. Seems to me like a relic of no limit and unlocked role days when Widow, gosh forbid, might have been easily countered by replacing squishies with tanks.

And if Storm Arrows isn’t deleted by OW2 we’ll know something is off.

Have her ability to one shot tied to a telegraphed ability on a cooldown.

Have her “base” damage be on par with that of (but superior to) Ashes (I’d also restore her to not having fall off),

But then she can activate an ability- this ability has a visual and audio Telegraph, but for the duration of, allows her to one shot (susceptible) heroes with head shots.

Let me remind you that it takes every 50 miss shot to get a clean headshot for Widow and Hanzo.

But everyone is gonna ignore that fact and will whine as usual until those heroes become useless anyway.

Thats how it literally works on the upper ranks

Sorry we took you pew pew and flashy kills potential away :frowning_face:

critical hit accuracy of a good widow is 20% that’s more like one every 5 shots, hanzo actuallly the storm is the culprit than the random primary spam headshot.

That said i think widow is fine esp at 175 hp.

asking for widow nerfs is just cringe at this point.

2 Likes

if you miss 50 shots before getting a HS as widow or Hanzo then you shouldnt be playing those heroes in the first place

1 Like

It appears you missed the OW2 in the title.

its all speculation at this point since ow2 isnt here yet but it does seem logical that with one less tank and less spam some of the long range heroes like ashe, widow, mccree (yea even him) and hanzo will be uncontested a bit more. hanzo will probably be the biggest problem really and widow at the highest ranking. ashe and mccree will probably own all ranks, well nothing new for mccree =P

I think Ashe will be fine for single tank, Hanzo should be entirely reworked in my eyes

Widow will definitely need to be nerfed though, currently the best way to deal with her is Hammond, but a tank playing swapping to counter isn’t going to be so effective in single tank, especially on Havana - Widowmaker’s playground

Problem is, Widow needs her one shot to be worthwhile, otherwise she’s just a super budget Ashe, 300 damage headshot is completely unnecessary in single tank though so I think that should go, even just taking away the headshot multiplier would mean she’d have to charge her shot more before she can kill squishies I personally think that’s the best line of action for a start

They also need to stop making such open maps, Junkertown, Havana, Paris, Busan - all of the later released maps have been really good maps for Widow and are incredibly difficult to flank Widow on, especially Havana, I honestly hate Havana so much because of how powerful Widow is on that map

My ideas from a while ago.

• Drop scoped body shot damage to 30-90 (down from 60 - 120)
    • That’s still 225 fully charged crit shot damage. (If you hate this keep reading)
  • Give her cursor drift while scoped in and standing.
  • Add a kneeling or prone mode.
    • Going in/out of this would be similar to how Bastion goes in/out of sentry mode.
    • Increase her crit multiplier to 3.2x.
    • While in this kneeling mode it removes 50% (or 100% I’m open to testing) of the cursor drift.
    • She can’t turn around and look behind her while in this mode. Her vision is limited to 180° from the direction she went into prone mode.
    • Using grapple in this mode adds 50% (6s) more to the cooldown time. Yes, I want to punish her for using grapple while in this mode. That’s the point of prone mode, be stronger but more vulnerable.
  • Depending on how current map redesign and new ones are, set her falloff to 30 to 50 (down from 60 to 85)

Depending on how these changes turn out, I would be open to bumping her HP back up to 200.

:exclamation: A global change I would like to see that would impact ALL crit damage, calculate armor damage reduction BEFORE crit multiplier!

I’m not totally convinced she needs nerfs yet.

There are new heroes with abilities & kits we don’t have a clue about, reworks & balance changes, new maps with more cover, and 1 less player for each team. Too much guessing work at this early stage imo

As it is now…I rarely see Widow anymore, nevermind good Widows.

1 Like

Ashe needs three nerfs. Tnt burn 90 damage. Bob health 1000 from 1200. Last change would be while bob is out, ashe gets half ult charge. When bob leaves, ult charge goes back to normal speed.
Hanzo is a bit tricky. I would start off nerfing storm arrow. I would reduce how many storm arrows he has.

They just need to lower the speed at which she can kill multiple people since she’ll have less to contest her shots

Raise charge time as a whole, or make it increase slower as the charge gets higher maybe?

Grapple is her most problematic ability.