Brigitte Gameplay Q&A with Geoff Goodman

/r/Overwatch/comments/85mtke/false_reports_and_suspension_for_first_time/

Even though this isn’t related this has to be brought up people cannot be banned because of people reporting them then your support team saying that is correct, they should be required to unban them then reban them if they are indeed breaking EULA not just saying the reports look correct sorry here is the EULA go figure out what you broke

I’ve always been curious about the power of overwatch’s game engine and what you can do with it.

What is an ability that you wish you could add to the game that isn’t possible with the current tech available to the team?

1 Like

How did you decide that Brigitte should not have any vertical movement abilities?

Most DPS heroes have some way to reach high ground. While only two tanks (Winston, D.Va) and two healers (Mercy, Lucio) have that as a core ability, disregarding Moira’s fade jump as it can’t be used at every location. Why was it decided that Brigitte can neither heal teammates nor attack enemies on high ground, except by using abilities with a cooldown?

I’ve heard when it comes to skins and heroes you usually are designing multiple at a time, and with that in mind do you think Brigitte is more impactful to heroes currently in the game or heroes that are planned? You guys said she was meta changing but honestly I don’t see her being able to do it herself which is where this question comes from, thanks. :wink:

2 Likes

How will Brigitte be able to compete with Lucio and Zen in the off support slot? The main healers all have more offensive support ults while Lucio and Zen have defensive support ults. Brigitte is the only off support with an offensive ult which means running Brigitte with any main healer would result in your team not having any defensive support ults. Sure Mercy pairs well with Brigitte and yeah her ult can be used in defensive situations, however it is not a sound barrier or a transcendence.

1 Like

We’ve talked about a number of things we could do for Ana but don’t have any firm plans just yet. I don’t think she is super far off, and she does bring a number of tools that no other healer has access to. Currently she is more a victim of the dive meta than anything else, as she doesn’t fit well in that environment.

58 Likes

How can we watch the interview?

3 Likes

Looks like he is going to be replying in the thread rather than an interview. So just keep an eye here.

2 Likes

Jesus Christ /r/Overwatch is just going to be full of blue-marked posts today, since everyone needs to reap karma one response at a time.

5 Likes

when can i play brigitte on PC

Do you expect the release of Brigitte to do anything to help Mei’s woeful current state in the game?

If you believe it will, and if you are proven wrong (as I know you will be), will you finally reassess and look into some actual changes to make Mei a more viable hero than her current state in the meta which is to lift Orisa to the high-ground on Anubis before switching to literally any other hero?

The biggest thing is that Brigitte is the first hybrid tank/support that we’ve released. That alone has the potential to create entirely new comps or counter existing comps.

Specifically for Brigitte though, she also can be very difficult to rush down and quickly kill. She can be very defensive with her shield and high health/armor, but she also can shield bash any enemies that come too close and knock them away or potentially just kill them. Players have already discovered how scary she can be to fight against as a Tracer player, as an example.

I’m not sure she will completely upset the dive meta just by herself, but she should certainly help!

40 Likes

Mods would probably be deleting all the new threads but leave the one that has allthe responses after the session is finished

Thanks for taking the time, Geoff!

Of the underpowered characters(or those perceived as such) which ones are not simply victims of the meta and are being looked at for a buff beyond the list that was given before? Specifically Reaper and Bastion, but if there are any others that’d be nice to know.

3 Likes

Do you think a hero like this is healthy for the game with multiple low cooldown stun abilities?

With the arrival of LFG in the forums, do you have plans to put something like that directly into the game in the future?

1 Like

coughcoughDoomfistcough

She’s a victim of gargantuan cooldowns. What can you even do against winston with her mobility. By the time he wake up jump will be off cd already

She’s very weak to poke dive, how can she work around it?