I wish Ana had as much feed back as these mercy threads

tbh people are arguing mercy is balanced yet boring to plat

Or something where she can inject herself and heal ovetime like mercy

1 Like

Letting her heal through shields, at a lesser rate or not, would/should probably come up before letting her grenade do even more.

Any changes to the grenade should probably be looking at how it spawns on your character (people behind you and out of los eat it) and that your team nearly sabotages it just by existing. Other than that, I wouldn’t touch it at all.

Ana is as good as your aim. This is a serious flaw in her design.

But her grenade, as it is right now, really shouldn’t have more value. I want the rest of her buffed before it. She’s cripple because her grenade is so good. Heal, heal boost, anti heal, and damage on a single ability are all being used to justify the rest of her being absolute garbage. Adding to it wouldn’t fix any of the issues she has, just pile on more reasons not to change - or maybe even nerf - other parts.

1 Like

looking at Overbuff you have to get to Grandmaster before she even has a positive win rate.

Also, it seems like there is hope for Ana based off of this dev post from the Brigitte Q&A

Seems like they are holding out until we know how the meta is going to be shaken up by Brigitte.

4 Likes

This is a very simplified truth you know - obviously any Ana player benefits from aim, but not even the top players in OWL, let alone people in GM, can use her successfully (hence her low pick-rates and win-rates). That tells us a lot about her state.

2 Likes

I agree, her nade is probably the best part of her kit. I’m thinking just the wall climb might help a bit with the shields issue, but I’m open to suggestions.

how much of a problem is Ana not healing through shields really? Its only with Winston Diving team and splitting it up and as a result Ana cant shoot him or nade him or sleep him or heal team. But in every other instance really what will be you teammate doing behind a Rein or Orisa Shield Really? flankers can always come out quickly or even take a position that has LOS to the Ana. I dont think this concept is really a big factor of why Ana is so weak, it is one but its not as big as its made out to be

Her state is a direct result of her aim reliant mechanics. I don’t see how you can make her viable without changing her entire character.

1 Like

I’m not necessarily for her healing through shield, I’m pointing out that that kind of buff should come long before we even think about buffing her grenade again.

The grenade shouldn’t be outright buffed. At all.

Making her able to utilize sniper spots more with wall climb or some kind of double jump? Giving her a self sustain not completely reliant on her best ability? Increasing her ammo clip and decreasing her reload, giving her a bit more room for error? Those are just some suggestions.

1 Like

It just seems that not many play Ana because, tbh, why play Ana when you can choose Mercy or Moira and do just as well of a job while requiring far less effort?

People don’t know what to do with Ana. Imo, she’s a really strong healer assuming there isn’t some combo of dive in your game.

1 Like

You also forget; her healing resource is also directly tied to her self defense as well

Moira has 2 seperate
Zen, Lucio, and Brigitte all heal more passive
Mercy has a second weapon

Ana is the ONLY one who if she needs to attack someone is losing healing value

She’s also the ONLY support who isn’t able to undo chip damage without burning any abilities. Especially damage over 100 leaving you weaker.

Yet the Devs don’t seem to care at all about all the feedback Mercy players have given so far, so you shouldn’t really be bothered by it.

Ana definitely needs something. I’m just not sure what. There’s a part of me that thinks if we just added a speed boost back to Nano then it could be a really good change. #bringBackBeyblade

1 Like

IMO, Ana is affected by her need to aim and lack of mobility vs other main healers. She comes out as a much harder option to play. A half decent Moira or Mercy can do so much better than a Good Ana. She’s just hard.

So we may be tempted to just throw buffs her way to compensate but that will throw her into OP territory esp in high elo. Which is why i was of the opinion that she should just get abilities to rival, speed, or discord or mobility. That way there would be another reason to pick her other than to just get heals that Moira & Mercy can provide at half the cost.

Technically this is also true for Mercy as she has to choose between damage or heals. But yes, this does put Ana at a disadvantage.

Mercy does have the benefit of having more escapes, and can heal while she flees.

1 Like

Ana still retains her identity as a character and her kit plus the sheer amount of Mercy mains and players vs Ana players, even before the Ana nerfs puts it into perspective. The only thing really wrong with her is the meta that’s built walls around her - dive, if it was still tank meta days she’d be dominant.

It’s all just trying to make a silk purse out of a sow’ s ear. Like talking about how to buff a tall, skinny lamppost shaped tank.