Why can't Ana get a grappling hook?

Would be unoriginal.

2 Likes

She’s unique, just like everyone else.

That didn’t stop orisa… Reinhardt crys in the corner

the preliminary reason why she doesn’t have mobility. the devs initially wanted to give her something but decided against it cause they didn’t want mobility to be a common thing to the heroes.

that being said ana really does need some self sustain, either through mobility or alternate self healing

Half-speed Hanzo / Genji wall climb with ‘sucker’ hand / foot grips with a new animation.

Any damage taken interrupts the wall climb attempt and she falls to the ground.

This makes it into a repositioning tool rather than a combat escape mechanism.

Ana needs high ground and good angles to do well.

1 Like

Rather than a grappling hook, I think it’d be cool if she had some sort of flying drone she could hold onto to reach vertical ledges. It’d be unique to her, but it would also make her feel more like a sniper.

The real question is what are you going to give up for this grappling hook? Because all her skills slots are taken right now.

The only way to keep all her skills is to give her wall climb passive instead.

She is a sniper who has no way of getting herself to a snipers perch. I don’t think it’s stupid-ish to consider giving her something similar to Widows grapple. Hanzo and Genji both have wall climb and Wraith and fade are similar.

1 Like

Yeah, But her sniper was meant for Long range healing, Because sniping has 3 shots to kill an enemy which is enough time for them to get to cover or some other thing

If her being too slippery is a concern, making her means of “climbing” a secondary weapon would likely solve it without forcing her current kit to be reworked. In my previous example, she could take the drone out and you’d have to focus on getting up to a ledge rather than doing it mid-fight like Widow can.

The grappling hook wouldn’t be for making it easier to snipe enemies. It would be for keeping your distance making it easier to snipe your teammates since her main source of healing is a sniper rifle.

nope not true they r gonna buff ana in the future

When did they say that?

Didn’t they say something in the Brigitte q&a thread about talking about possible Ana buffs in the future but they were holding off it being careful since the addition of Moira and Brigitte could possibly bring back a tank meta which would be an idadverdant buff to her? I gotta see if I can find it.

*found what I was thinking of. Not as detailed as I thought it was. Apparently I can’t even link to a blizzard post on the forums but:

In her gameplay review she was above the archway in Temple of Anubis…the same place widow likes to snipe alot… so she probably had a grapling hook at one time.

1 Like

plenty of characters have overlapping abilities… and at some-point more will overlap if they continue to add characters…there’s no rule a character can’t share 1 ability…especially when their toolkit as a whole is what makes them unique.

check potatocats post

Because Ana can’t get a buff, it’s against the rules… #freeAna

Yeah there’s no rule, but then it’ll look really bad on the devs not being innovative or creative.

I don’t want to play a hero that has the same ability as another hero.

Not only is it unoriginal but there is literally no room for more abilities on her.