26.0 Known Issues

Hey all,

Patch 26.0 is here, and the stage is set for the Festival of Legends to take the spotlight! There’s just one more week before the expansion goes live. Follow this post for more information about known issues we’re tracking this patch.

The issues we’re tracking this patch include:

• [Updated carry-over issue]: We are aware that sound from other apps can’t be played while Hearthstone is being played on some devices. This was an intentional change that was made to avoid crashes on mobile. With Patch 26.0, we’ve been able to scale back the affected devices so that now iOS is able to play sound from other apps. The fix to the underlying issue, and with it the resolution for other mobile devices, is still scheduled for a later patch.
  • We are seeing many reports of Golden Death Knight cards being removed from decks. Don’t worry, this is NOT a bug, this is the fix to a bug that prematurely granted all players all Golden Death Knight Core cards before they were earned (see the 26.0 Patch Notes). Simply swap out the Golden versions for normal versions in your decks and you will be able to play again.
  • [Resolved 4/11] New/returning player decks are not currently available. This was not intended. We will not be able to reinstate new/returning player decks with a hotfix this week like previously planned. The new 26.0 decks will be added when Festival of Legends unlocks on April 11 and affected players will get to choose from those loaner decks.
  • [Resolved 4/6] In Duels, we are aware that ongoing runs did not retire with Patch 26.0 as expected. Instead, the season reset is happening after players finish the run on their own (by retiring or playing all their games). All players who had an active run that would have been retired with Patch 26.0 have been granted a Tavern Ticket.
  • [Resolved 4/7] Blazing Transmutation is currently offering only the same minion as targeted if there’s no eligible card of the next mana (instead of offering 3 minions of the same mana as the target). This is scheduled to be corrected in an upcoming hotfix.
  • [Resolved 4/7] We’re aware that if a card is granted Charge by Warsong Commander, then buffed, and then copied, the copy does not have Charge. The team is investigating this issue.
  • The in-game text for Jazznaros, the Vibe Lord hero skin and E.T.C. hero skin and card back incorrectly says that they are earnable after purchasing the Tavern Pass. They are actually planned to be available as in-shop purchases. We are working on correcting these texts.
  • [Resolved 4/7] We’re aware that Sire Denathrius did not return to Battlegrounds with Patch 26.0 like intended. He will be returned to the hero pool in an upcoming hotfix.
  • [Added 4/11] We are aware that some Festival of Legends cards have incorrect translations in some languages. This will be resolved in a future client update.
  • [Added 4/11] We got a bit overzealous in getting rid of secrets from Paladin in Standard and failed to make sure Reckoning was added to the Legacy set for Wild. We reckon it’ll be back with Patch 26.2.
  • [Resolved 4/11] The team is investigating a Battlenet issue causing problems with product purchases.
  • [Added 4/11] The team is investigating an issue preventing some decks from being playable. The issue comes when you–or the opponent you queue into–builds a valid deck and then re-rolls away one of the cards within that deck (making it invalid) and then tries to queue with that newly invalid deck. The workaround is to completely rebuild the deck from scratch (not copying the deck code).
  • [Added 4/11] The team is aware that certain Diamond cards (like Ragnaros) did not handle Core set updates properly and didn’t end up available in Standard. The team is investigating the issue.
  • [Resolved 4/14] The team is aware of an issue that sometimes causes tooltips to not appear properly, and is working on a solution.
  • [Resolved 4/17] The team is aware that Discover effects in Arena are drawing from cards that are no longer in Core. The team has a solution that is expected in a hotfix early next week.
  • [Added 4/17] The team is aware that opponent’s mouse-overs are no longer showing. This was part of a temporary mitigation to a bug the sometimes blocked card text. Opponent mouse-overs will return in a later patch.

We’ll continue to update this post as we get more information.

~~
4/17 Update:
We are currently in the process of rolling out a small server-side hotfix with the following updates:

• [Duels] Groovy Cat is now banned in deckbuilding and removed from card Loot pools.
  • [Arena] Fixed a bug where Discover pools were offering cards that were not from the eligible sets.

~~
Related posts:
26.0.1 Patch Notes
26.0.2 Patch Notes
26.0.3 Patch Notes

3 Likes

The Friend of a Friend Battlegrounds achievement for playing Buddies as E.T.C. has still not been fixed as of this patch.

Also, it has been reposted multiple times by myself and others, but it is still impossible to complete the Restless Reader achievement to Read 40 Lorebooks in the Book of Heroes: Faelin Solo Adventure. This has been broken since its release on June 1, 2022.

10 Likes

Really did us players dirty on this one.

Why not let us know at / near launch not to buy golden mini expansion / craft golden cards / buy the reward track “battle pass” etc based on the knowledge of what playable golden cards and dust values were saved with what was offered.

You have the issue of players with a lot of dust, and you need $$$ i get it, this not the way. I spent on DK I won’t again. Constant balance changes as well trying to punish deck crafting,

I am at level 135 on the reward track, no purchase and not once have i been updated with anything that this is an “error” and it was by design fixed the glitch #officespace today. Lord Mag extended art says earnable on the reward track aka lame non gold for :money_mouth_face:earnable​:money_mouth_face:cash​:money_mouth_face: it’s a bit much.

Trying to sell me the two heroes I didn’t pick as well today from the promo yeah sure.

I only came back to hearthstone after the better part of two years for this class and theme. I dropped $110 cad for pathetic drop weight packs and ground a huge amount of my time including 100 wins for the goldens at that tier, i wouldn’t have hustled that knowing better cards were set to be airlifted coincidentally when you want me to unload my credit card on a new set. Yeah pass.

Disgraceful from a company that is grasping and continuing towards irrelevance.

I expect nerfs and balance changes but goldens are orders of magnitude more expensive and there is a huge disgust factor when you have been essentially cheated on information not being trustworthy. How about my death knight golden craft dust back then?

I cannot craft these if i wanted too which is beyond demoralizing. What fun is left in the game, Battlegrounds being the “main game” tells you everything.

Take ownership and communicate your mistakes to your players, not after the fact.

8 Likes

People have been asking them to act like this for YEARS, and we’re still waiting. Always promises of better, never doing actually better.

1 Like

Please, please, fix - or at least take into account - the progression bug that so many of us are suffering right now. So many new threads opened in the last few days and it’s frustrating to not see this issue acknowledged in the known bugs. Apparently this quest progression bug affects only returning players, which in my opinion makes it a priority if you want to have them play your game again and possibly invest their money in it. We just want to play your game, but right now there’s no point in doing it.

12 Likes

Any updates on this?

1 Like

So your team still not aware and doesn’t care the fact that all returning players can’t get the quest progression, hero wins, rewards xp and season ranking rewards??? Have your team read the threads carefully? The top 6 threads yesterday was all about the issue that returning player get no xp and quest progression. However, your team still not fix it in this patch and even not add this issue to 26.0 known issue. Horrible efficiency.

8 Likes

Please at least acknowledge this comment, Blizzard. It’s a shame that there is no incentive for returning players (myself included). You will lose your returning players if this persists, which is completely backwards from what you’re trying to do with the “returning player quests”. Please, at least respond to this and let us know you’re looking into it.

8 Likes

who cares about returning noobs? you should not leave the game lol
now get rekt and suffer

1 Like

I’m a returning player, skipped the Lich King expansion.

Encountered a bug where I cannot progress my Daily or Weekly Quests even though I was able to earn the monthly card back after 5 wins. I won all those 5 games today and none of the Quests progressed, not even by a single point.

Quite disappointing, that after returning to play the game because I loved the theme of the new expansion, the game is sabotaging my overall experience.

Any updates on this?

7 Likes

I guess the game would die quicker due to this and Blizzard would actually do something wild about it like creating a sequel or a remaster of this buggy mess of a game. Maybe they would even consider treating Warrior as an actual class, and not as a bot LARP experience.

I would like to report a game bug regarding Hearthstone. Since returning to the game, I have noticed that after completing the first Reclaimed Memories quest, the other Reclaimed Memories quests, as well as daily and weekly quests and Pass experience, do not update. Additionally, the only way I can complete quests is through Tavern Brawls. This issue has resulted in a loss of experience points.

I kindly request that this bug be fixed as soon as possible. It would be greatly appreciated if any lost experience points could be compensated. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

5 Likes

I just realized that so many people are suffering from this bug and you are turning a blind eye to it? I retract my sincere attitude to curse you, if you do not want us to return then you can close the server

1 Like

Year of the Wolf Warlock achievement “DIE, DIE, DIE!” is missing an ‘s’ at the end of the word minions
Festival of Legends Demon Hunter achievement “Smashing!” appears twice

Nope, in my blood deck I have normal Deathbringer Saufang and non-golden Patchwerk and still unable to load game, and everytime I relaunch HS, it shows in my deck that I don’t have these cards

4 Likes

Omen’s golden Hero Power isn’t animated.

1 Like

I’m a returning player and my quests are not progressing and i don’t receive battle pass exp , my dailies and weeklies and also welcome back quests stopped progressing. In addition, I don’t receive free decks.

8 Likes

I lost access to using the welcome back decks along with the patch. Picking one of them to keep would be today and I’m unsure wether that is possible either.

1 Like

Hello.

1. Cards, affected by Haunting Nightmare deathrattle, sometimes does not summon 4/3 Soldier while played since latest update on iOS.

2. When enemy plays Hero card, displays full health until animation is done, then changes to actual. Looks weird. iOS

3 Likes