Hearthstone pauses background audio on mobile

Hi jumping on to also say I can’t listen to music while I play so unfortunately I won’t be playing until this is fixed :frowning:

I haven’t played for 2 weeks since I’m always listening to audiobooks and it’s not worth it to stop to play hearthstone. I hope they fix this fast.

This cant be true. Lets make a patch to make them not be aible to listen to music Or podcasts while playing Hearthstone.

Great Job Blizzard!! Surely i will Pay the 80€ for upcoming expansions!

It must be a joke

1 Like

I’ve been trying to troubleshoot this on my iPad since the update.

Thankfully I found this post! I was trying to fix it, & was just beating my head against a wall.

Now I know its not just me! :pray:t3: Plus they had to disable the functionality to address a bug or exploit & will fix in next patch

Or for those who have an iWatch, (prob works with other smartwatches too) resume play there. Also works Xp

Blizzard is genius when it comes to make new monetization ideas. And we will fall for it.

But if there is a bug they fix it with another bug XD Oh, pardon, it’s not a bug, it’s a feature.

Soooo anoying, I can’t really listem to the Hearthstone app for the 10th year. Give us background music back Please.

1 Like

Same isue I cant play music on Spotify this really takes a lot of fun out the game please fix!

Same here, HS on mobile only allows one audio channel to play at a time with this current patch. REVERT PLEASE!! Would like to play my music and hear the HS audio simultaneously again!

1 Like

Why is this his still broken? Wtf is going on

1 Like

WAS soll der MIST ???

Blizzard bewegt eure Ärsche und macht das wieder rückgängig !

Ich will MUSIK hören können und!!! Spotify hören können !

How is this still not fixed? Revert it back ffs i don’t care if the game crashes every once in awhile.

1 Like

Can we get a response from some blizzard personnel if this will be fixed in 26.0 patch? Seriously it’s been going on for so long

1 Like

A temporary fix for those who can is to swipe down to get the notification panel and unpause the music. It doesnt count as going out and in of the game so your music will continue to play afterwards

Update for patch 26.0

• [Updated carry-over issue]: We are aware that sound from other apps can’t be played while Hearthstone is being played on some devices. This was an intentional change that was made to avoid crashes on mobile. With Patch 26.0, we’ve been able to scale back the affected devices so that now iOS is able to play sound from other apps. The fix to the underlying issue, and with it the resolution for other mobile devices, is still scheduled for a later patch.

On Android, while you have the Hearthstone app open you can swipe down from the top and unpause music that way as a work around.

Well you can’t. Hearthstone will not abide any other apps playing any other sounds while you’re playing the game. Which means I play even less because that was how I started my day. Put on some headphones and play a few games on mobile

If I could play Hearthstone without any sounds at all I would. How many times do you think I need to hear the same emotes, sound effects, cheesy dialogue, and bad voice acting?

1 Like

Problem persists, unpausing the audio doesn’t work as HS automatically pauses it again the moment it gets back into focus.

I have a hard time estimating how many times I’ve decided against playing HS because of this issue, but I can assure you that making that conscious decision to find something other than HS to do so I can keep listening to stuff in the background happened far more often than me actually playing HS since this issue surfaced.

I actually reinstalled games I haven’t touched in years thanks to this issue.

I have been a paying HS player for years, but I will not spend a single dime on this game so long as this issue persists and my patience will only last so long before I stop bothering to check and just write HS off as a dead game and uninstall it.

1 Like

Any update on when fix? Kinda makes the game unplayable for me… need my tunes!

1 Like

I managed using YouTubeVanced player, but there is a procedure you have to follow.
First start the music/video on youtube vanced. Then switch apps and open hearthstone. Vanced will shrink its window and stop playing. When you are in the home screen, make sure that hearthstone master audio is totally off. Then without going to the main screen of vanced app, start the video. Do not start the video normally, do not enlarge vanced in this step. Just hit that small play button on the shrunk screen. After the video starts playing you can hit the headphone icon to remove the small video screen while keeping audio. Enjoy!

But honestly, it doesn’t seem to work with anything else. Real bs move from blizzard.

This issue persists!!! For a problem that no one reported. Turn it back on already!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.