Death Knight cards removed?

When Death Knight was introduced, an event gave decks to make use of the added cards: Arthas Frost, Arthas Unholy, Arthas Blood, and three generic Death Knight decks.

With today’s update, a bunch of ordinary (not gold) uncraftable Death Knight core cards are no longer available, so the Arthas decks are invalid.Frost Strike, Harbinger, Plagued Grain… the other three Death Knight decks are fine.

A bug?

EDIT: note I say “ordinary (not gold)” above. Removing gold cards is unrelated.

6 Likes

I still have all of the cards that you mention. They are part of core. They shouldn’t be missing. Can you post a screenshot in your collection manager searching for them?

how do you post screenshots?

I should add: I play across all three servers. This currently affects the Asia and Europe server, but not the Americas server. I expect it to also affect the Americas server in about nine hours once card changes kick in there too.

It’s in the pinned post: How to share links to screenshots, videos, and replays

I think the card changes have been active here for like 6 hours already. The golden core cards are no longer available unless you have enough wins with the DK class

This is happening to allot of people and it’s in multiple posts. In my account, all of my deathknight decks i’ve made say they don’t have enough cards. When I open them in my collection, there are many cards that are suddenly greyed out like I don’t own them, but when i open my collection the cards are there.

3 Likes

Yes, all of those reports seem to be unaware of the Known Issues post by Blizzard:

1 Like

This has nothing to do with golden death knight cards. I never even owned that. I’ll give you this example. This deck.

2x (1) Heart Strike

1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn

2x (2) Hematurge

1x (2) Obliterate

1x (2) Obliterate

2x (2) Vampiric Blood

2x (2) Youthful Brewmaster

2x (3) Asphyxiate

1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard

2x (3) Chillfallen Baron

2x (4) Construct Quarter

1x (4) Death Strike

1x (4) Korrak the Bloodrager

2x (5) Blood Boil

2x (6) Gnome Muncher

1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused

1x (7) Alexandros Mograine

1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer

1x (7) Patchwerk

2x (8) Soulstealer

8 of those cards in the deck builder were greyea out saying I didn’t own them for that deck build, but when I went to my cards they were all there, in fact one that i supposedly didn’t own, in the cards side of it said i owned it but couldn’t add anymore limit of 2.

Also, I really wanted to play one of these deck so i copied the deck code out, then opened a new deck. Deck code copying is broken for me. To prove my copy buffer isn’t broken i copied it to a text file.

AAECAfHhBAqm7wPypASY1AT04wSJ5gSk7wSE9gSogQWogQXipAUKnKAE/OMEieQElOQEj+0Eh/YEs/cEtvoEq4AFnqoFAAA=

Then, i copied it again aht e deck building again did’t instantly ask me if i wanted to use the deck that’s in copy buffer. To be sure, i just repasted it again in to the text file.

Then lastly, i was able to manually recreate this deck without using copy paste but rather picking the cards my other deathknight decks said were missing, so it looks like the patch did something to existing decks.

3 Likes

Literally every player had the golden core death knight cards until they fixed the bug that gave them out to everyone by mistake, as it says in the quote in my post

Also, the deck you listed has Obliterate listed twice instead of as having 2 copies. Not sure if that has something to do with the issue you are experiencing with that deck

1 Like

Wow you are stubborn aren’t you, and don’t listen. It’s ALL OF MY DEATHKNIGHT DECKS. That deck is just the one I used as an example, but you can copy the code if you like. It worked for 2 weeks before the patch. I still have my other DK decks that say they don’t have enough cards and i don’t own the one’s in it, pending resolution of my help desk ticket with Blizzard.

1 Like

The code doesn’t work. I agree with you there. But you were able to rebuild the deck, right? So the cards aren’t missing? The quote in my post above mentions that you have to swap normal cards for the ones that used to be golden in your decks. I’m not sure why I have to keep referring back to that quote. Maybe you should read it? Anyway, I’m tired of this, so good luck to you

My post said nothing about golden cards. Ordinary cards are affected.

2 Likes

Mee too, I cannot use even the normal cards

4 Likes

you can still play mm actually. just ignore missing cards notification and click play

I am not having a problem with Legendary they are saying I do not have some common cards when I do??

1 Like

Delete your deck and remake it. That should fix the problem

1 Like

Can’t use death knight ……the golden versions of the cards vanished and they said just swap them out but even when I swap them with the normal versions they still won’t work …it says error when I go to standard with the normal versions of the cards blizzard removed the golden versions for I even made a new deck with my cards and it keeps telling me error and when I turn off the game and put it back on those same cards are in my deck hollowed out telling me to remove them when I have those cards in my collection now I can’t use death knight because most of the cards that are vital in those decks don’t work

2 Likes

Same here I can’t even use death knight either on standard with the cards in my deck

1 Like

Have the same problem. I have the cards in my collection but they don’t not seem valid once they are in my deck.

4 Likes

I also have the problem, that my ordinary (not golden) patchwerk is removed from my Death night deck every time I log in. Even if I add him to the deck again, I cannot play with this deck, because an error occurs while I’m queing for a matchup. Very annoying since it literlly doesn’t let you play the game.

1 Like

I have this issue on the Americas server.