Letter to D2R Devs from the PvP Community

To the developers for Diablo 2 Resurrected,

Concerning recent changes to D2 Mechanics in Patch 2.4, there are many great improvements, but a few significant concerns that I am sure you are seeing on the official forums. Many of these were anticipated based on testing on the PTR, and we tried to help raise the flag before the new patch went live. While these are all intended improvements to the game, some changes went too far (in particular the modification to FHR mechanics). The FHR mechanic was stated to be specifically intended for the PvP community, but unfortunately the pvp community considers this change to have backfired for the game and its overall balance.

What I would like to request is that we can actively work with you to seek out a more optimal FHR system for the game, that successfuly mitigates ‘perma-stun’ without completely shifting the balance of the game. If you are able to clearly describe the ‘new’ system and are open to feedback, we would like to help by fine tuning this system or offering and testing alternatives. If you are open to this, please reach out and we will help in any way possible.

A little about D2 Arena - We represent a community of 850+ (and growing) duelers hosting pvp tournaments, streaming, and dueling every day. We’ve run over 100 tournaments since the game released with active participation, and our community focus is on helping to promote all forms of dueling in this game. We hope to continue enjoying this game and helping it grow, and hope that you can help to improve the experience for everyone through well balanced game mechanics.

Thanks,
aaronoob

27 Likes

Please help us, we are a growing community in need of help… from you guys.

1 Like

Aaronoob for president !

1 Like

Disagree, leave the changes as is, this is a good change for other underpowered builds, time to try new builds in PvP

4 Likes

Make PvP great again. Revert Anti stun mechanic

4 Likes

“community of 850+” - get’s 3 likes. Hmm…

4 Likes

What builds have been empowered? I’d like to try your suggestion(s).

1 Like

Shelby fury druid soon

1 Like

Fury druid can dominate all melee now, including smiter, stun was the only issue

Isn’t smiter banned from gm melee duels?

It is currently, it probably doesn’t have to be anymore, specially because Grief is banned in Gm Melee. I am talking about casual PvP public duels, which 4/8 smiters on it, with life tap usually, however you only need 2-3 fury hits to kill them, they need a lot more to kill a shapeshifter

The ‘nullification’ of FHR is far more detrimental to non-melee pvp than you probably appreciate. I don’t quite agree that this change is ‘worth it’ for the purpose of making smite potentially GM in melee duels because it is not viable as a result of this change (which seems to be your point).

On a side note… I thought shape shifter was low tier relative to zeal and conc builds as well. Maybe this is different as you are suggesting due to the change that allows your full melee attack to connect despite being fhr’ed? I am sure there would be a ‘middle ground’ solution that would retain this adjustment which really deals with zeal/fury interruption and still institute a better solution for FHR

2 Likes

You are correct, fury used to be at the bottom in GM melee, it wasn’t only the block and FHR changes that pushed it to the top now. Fury IAS formula was changed as well and it can attack faster now.

I would be happy with a middle ground solution that won’t nullify every melee build against Smite because it can permanently stun a melee character.

1 Like

Maybe with the IAS changes alone it would do better vs smite instead of dominate it due to FHR nerfs.

Ideally the overall pvp scene should benefit from such FHR mechanic even if it punishes other builds that have historically been punished. Atm it’s in an actual terrible spot.

1 Like

hey i have made 2 topics about it too that might be of help to someone who isnt
familiar with the topic
i could make a final 3rd one that is in relation to Items regarding Player behaviour
in PvM & PvP & on all Realms
[ act now before its too late ]

( Aka there are only 3 Stats of value within the game right now that arent affected in a negativ way when one increases them via items , statpoints , levels
( LIFE / MANA / Resistances )

1. Regarding the issue - > Faster Hit Recovery / Stun /Diminishing Returns / Immunity Frames / KnockBack / Player Vs Player

2. Regarding the solution → Diablo 2 Resurrected - Player Vs Player - Model , Concept , Ideas , Design , Suggestion

2 Likes

2.4 PVP is in a really bad place. Please Revert the FHR/stun changes to 2.3

I don’t understand how we went from “authentic remake” to changing everything and ruining the game. Devs hate working on projects where they don’t get to add anything new. Too bad! We want to play D2, not your new garbage. Stay true to the vision

2 Likes

Please change back FHR. PVP is dead because of this.

5 Likes

Please Revert the FHR/stun changes to 2.3

5 Likes

Just a week ago, Diablo PvP was a very enjoyable hobby.
But after 2.4, It was the most boring game I’ve ever played.
Many PvP users will be disappointed and leave.

PvP users are also people who enjoy the same game.
I hope blizzard have considered our opinion.

3 Likes

pvpers in D2 used to be respected because they were so adaptable. This is just sad.

4 Likes