Letter to D2R Devs from the PvP Community

Well constructed post with good feedback and suggestions, a nice breath of fresh air from the other whiny “PvP IS DEAD!!! 2.4 SUCKS!” threads.

I hope they revert the FHR and block animation changes and reach out to the PvP community to figure out a better system.

4 Likes

Liked to support. hope this can get fixed for you guys. and maybe blizz can host a D2R pvp tournament some day.

3 Likes

lol go play D2 then. This is D2R

2 Likes

hey

D2 R is supposed to be a remaster

you can look up what a remaster is

They’ve decided to continue development on Diablo 2, via it’s remastered. But they have left 1.14d D2 alone for you people.

There’s no reason that a remaster means that they have to stop development on their game. If you ask me, these changes should be put in regular D2 too, but they are throwing you a bone I guess. Point to me where they said they were ending development and setting 1.14d in stone forever.

The reason they do not keep pvp in mind when making these changes is because there is no actual instanced or rated pvp. Duels were never ment to be SRS and just because some have enjoyed the pvp in this game there was no official competitive mode. Look at WoW they have rated arena and bgs all kinds of skirmishes, battlegrounds, world pvp yada yada and they still wreck pvp with buff/debuffs to builds for pve. They certainly will not care in this game if the one that brings them mass money doesn’t matter.

1 Like

superficial changes are fine , like design ( better graphics etc ) , tweaking or adjusting skills
when they go beyond that it is and always will be a mess
they would have to start from square one inevitably

Well Diablo 2 used to receive lots of big balance patches. There’s no reason that they should stop forever. Granted, I understand someone being concerned about the current company handling balance in Diablo 2. I’m willing to take the risk though. There will always be private servers for D2 if they screw things up too bad. I just think the industry has advanced so far with tried and true mechanisms that all these developers have to do is copy them and the game will improve.

1 Like

you mean when they make changes to PvP & only in regards to PvP
[ PvP changes are seperate , they dont affect PvM ]
( which they did )
they make them arbitrary ?

This patch is a disaster regarding FHR and overall PvP.

PvP is very frustrating at the moment.

Most interesting pvp mecanics are useless (stun locking like Smite foh, Shockwave + volcano, mindblast obviously etc.) and every offensive moves are not rewarded anymore since opponents escape after first hit.

More than that now if you take risk and become aggresive (by making chainlocks) you will most likely be outanked by your opponent that doesnt suffer from fhr.

The game ends in a defensive fest with random spamming.

Also Trap assasin are completly dead useless because all their gameplay relies on stun.

If this patch was made in order to help PvP and solve stuns problem from mindblast then it’s so wrong because it basicly removed stun from the game.

The real solution to the initial problem (mindblast stun) would have been a solution similar to the old WSG (Weapon Swith) in D2LOD.

Like for example an new hotkey that you have to press multiples time in order to shortly break fhr (1-2sec) and escape stuns.

And not a stun immunity for every single hit in the game.

1 Like

Yes, game is at really bad state for PvP at the moment. There’s 0 reward for offensive moves, Telestomp is almost useless as your opponent escapes after 1 hit. All combos are unusable.

The easiest solution imo to tackle perma stun would be to apply the diminishing returns only to spells such as MB/Leap/Smite, where for example 2nd cast doesn’t stun you, while remaining FHR as it was in 2.3…

1 Like

Thx appreciate it. We’re here to help if they are willing!

3 Likes

plz roll back.
We can not enjoy PvP any more. It`s terrible…

2 Likes

o o p s, n o b o d y c a r e s

Agreed PVP is not fun anymore. All melee chars now have almost no chance against any skilled casters due to the change on FHR and FBR
If the reason for this change is that Mindblast was too strong, all they needed to do is adding 1s casting delay on Mindblast rather than destroying the entire PVP

2 Likes

Yes there are other creative ways to help mitigate that problem without bigger repercussions for pvp.

The casting rate of Mind Blast is determined by the assassin’s faster cast rate

there is no issue with mindblast

how will you 2-3 LS MB FB etc . a already swirled target

with zero combo potential patchs

when one gets MindBlasted
( depending on MatchUp / GamePlan etc.

MindBlast will push one in a certain direction
if you want to escape MindBlast you will simply escape by not going against
the direction one is being pushed towards

[[ Revert Changes / WSG best ]]

if we talk about Assassins / Trapsins in a vacuum so to speak

TrapSins need that kind of CC due to their DMG Skills wont be applied instantly

( Positioning oneself / Laying Traps / Layed Traps in proximity - range to targets /
Layed Traps apply DMG

without being able to impair the actions of your enemy laying traps is useless
it is so obvious right : D ?
& therefore the identity of the Assassin/TrapSin got destroyed completely

but not only that

every Class / Character / Skill / IAS / FCR / FHR / KnockBack / Items & the list could
go on… got destroyed too

by destroyed i mean generaly speaking [ of negativ impact / obsolete / useless ]

have a good week everyone :slight_smile:

Had they never “patched” WSG in the first place everything would be fine. Had they never started changing things that affected PVP balancing in the first place everything would be fine. Everything was fine for a long time. Nothing needed changed.

1 Like

yup. Str bug and desynchr not being there would change the game a bit, but it would have been fine

Please look into reverting FHR immunity back to 2.3.

1 Like