Just a reminder PvP is irrelevant and should never be considered

And now point with a finger dude where I’m complaining, and where is a toxicity in statement that PvP should be developed and updated(though personally I’m not interested in PvP), although separately to PvM so these realms won’t interfere.

So you’re telling us, PvP is 10-20% (very exaggerated percentage to begin with) because that’s the only percentage of D2 veterans and the rest who PvM are beginners? Which one is it then, PvP kept D2 alive or PvP is just limited to (according to you) “10-20%” vets? Do you know how old D2 is? Are you seriously implying most of the playerbase are beginners?

Nah. Also nah, it won’t change. D2 is decades old and people were never interested in “PvP” - they won’t be in the near future either.

Op is just a troll. Just report the posts/threads as spam and move on.

5 Likes

I have 15+ years of D2 in my back so yes i guess i know how old it is.

Never said “pvmers” were beginners. But at some point, once you did pretty much everything in the game: collecting wealth (Hrs, items, Fgs at D2jsp or w/e), killed Ubers, reached lvl 95+ etc. Sorry buddy but the game is over unless you make other fun low tiers character like kicksin and repeat again. But it’s the same thing.

Pvp is indeed the end game goal.

“people never were interested in pvp” - don’t talk for others, especialy if you are clueless.

D2 PvP is legendary, it’s not because you never played it that it’s bad and “irrelevant”.

It’s just sad that you actualy missed the best part of the game lol.

2 Likes

Most people were never interested in your “PvP”. It is a fact. I mean you were saying only 10-20% (this is your exaggerated percentage) become interested in “PvP”, what does that tell you?

You’re also saying that D2 PvP is “legendary”? Like come on now. At the very best it is a novelty, just some time passing. It was always broken and an unbalanced mess. It was always not skill-requiring (I mean, I play real PvP games for that). This is not [just] my opinion, this is the opinion of the majority. Best part of the game, yeah sure.

1K+ Pvp players community on discord. Over 100 tournaments hosted and streamed.

The players base is real and the audience also.

But stay in denial thats fine

2 Likes

Wooooooooooooow, 1000 players. Out of how much total D2R players (assuming this is true in the first place, provide evidence please). And, how much of those actually are active and engage in playing PvP especially in D2R?

By the same logic I could find D2 PvP communities with million of players, who probably don’t even play the game. So that makes the percentage even less than 5%. This is meaningless.

Same for that topic, it is meaningless, anyone can write anything without any evidence. He’s barely having 18 likes FFS.

Yeah, I am the one who is clearly in denial here.

Edit: guess what, I googled “D2 Arena”. Most of the hits were nothing.

1000 daily players in one discord yes.
w/o all casuals in game and curious players watching streams.
Without counting D2jsp and all Asia community that has his own thing.

Just watch Coooley on Youtube he is a pvp streamer and has like 40k subs.

Yes you are in denial. You judge and criticize something you don’t even know.

2 Likes

1000 players wow guys, “PvP” is so legendary in D2 and is thriving!!!
Still no evidence by the way. Googling “D2 Arena” yields nothing.

Anyways, to keep it short: I addressed your misinformation that PvP has up to 20% playerbase (very wrong) and that most PvMers are beginners (extremely wrong, lol, this is D2). Beyond that, this is out of the topic’s scope and is turning into chit-chatting.

The topic is simple: Changes that effect both PvP and PvM, PvP should be considered totally irrelevant.

Now yes I am going to keep living in my denial, missing out on the legendary “PvP”.

1 Like

Cant understand the hate for pvpers that comes from pvmers on here. Both are relevant parts of this beautiful game and believe or not, pvpers probably love pvm just as much as you guys. We love pvp more and that’s what has kept us continuously playing for years and years but it all started with pvm.

No need to go out of your way to make a toxic topic, if you see pvp threads that don’t pertain to you just ignore them and move on. You dont see pvpers posting in threads about andy bug or stackable runes arguing for literally no reason or making threads to complain about pvmers giving legitimate feedback to changes.

Also very sad to see so many people write pvp off as irrelevant without even giving it a real chance because you are missing out on something truly special. So many people have played d2 religiously for 15+ years because there is nothing like d2 pvp in any other game. It’s a tough learning curve but once you get past it its soooo worth it.

7 Likes

There is no hate, the message is clear: If it comes to change that effects both PvP and PvM, PvP is irrelevant.

For the record, I did play PvP. I even did PvP in Hardcore. I know what PvP is not sure why people assume we don’t - we just don’t see it as special or “legendary” as some people love to say. At the very best it was a pass-time activity that wasn’t taken serious because it was a broken unbalanced mess requiring no skills.

Don’t make me laugh with that tough learning curve and no other game like it, lol. I actually play real PvP games too that tend to have way less toxicity (and actually have deep learning curves and require skills!).

Be careful, zahramar…

You’re endanger of living rent free in PvPers head and will mention you in posts even when you’ve left the thread hours ago.

I have to admit it’s spacious in there but the echoes of “Help me…Help me…Help me…” from the same 5 posters can be deafening.

LOL!!!

1 Like

Sorry man but hardcore pvp is a joke, and dueling random bmers in pubs is also a joke.

You won’t really understand what d2 pvp has to offer until you play with actual good duelers in private gm games, 4v4s are insanely fun and very much skill based if you do it right.

I understand that most will get discouraged after experiencing some pub duels and write off d2 pvp and that’s ok, but theres no need to dismiss the portion of the game as irrelevant when it is in fact very important to some of the most dedicated d2 players.

2 Likes

Like I said though, when it comes to PvP or PvM, PvP is irrelevant. You don’t agree with that? You think the very vast absolute majority should suffer for the sole minority of PvP? That’s fair to you?

If they will do PvP-only changes then sure, I support that.

1 Like

I dont think anybody should suffer, our main complaint is about a change that blizz made ONLY to pvp with the intention of helping balance pvp. The vast majority of the pvp community feels this change was more helpful than hurtful. We are simply giving feedback on a pvp only change and are constantly spammed with people trying to tell us that our feedback isnt valid

2 Likes
  1. remove the new ludicrous limitation of “Leap now has minimum height and duration”. Why are you deliberately trying to ruin BvC? As if it’s not one of the most demanding/complex PvP builds already…
  2. Please fix the whirlwind bugs - see this great video D2R PvP Glitches - Whirlwind is Broken - YouTube which demonstrates the problems with WW
  3. revert the FHR mechanic to how it was! now it is an inconsistent nonsensual madness!
  4. character inspection
  5. show ilvl on items
  6. hotkey to view the stats of the socketed jewels in items (separated/standalone from the item’s innate stats)
  7. currency tab for stacking runes/gems/jewels/keys/etc
  8. maybe 3 more shared stash tabs and significantly increased character slots per account (if you wish, monetize those features, we’ll gladly pay $$)

Please take special care for PVP. D2 is alive for 22 years mostly because of us PVP players (we are actually your hardcore gamers playerbase with 30++k hours playtime, so please don’t neglect us). Currently PVP is absolutely destroyed in D2R, majorly due to 2 aspects:

(1) With patch 2.4 the FHR mechanic is fundamentally changed, actually it is simplified and, more or less, destroyed… See, we don’t need concepts like “diminishing returns” and “cooldowns” in D2; it’s just not that kind of game! Please revert the FHR as it was! Please see this great video Hit recovery testing on 2.4 (PTR) - YouTube which demonstrates the severe problems with the new FHR concept. What personally pains me is that Leap is now a joke, completely destroys the BvC barbarian PVP build, which was already amongst the more challenging/demanding builds to play anyway. With this new “diminishing returns”/“temporary immunity to FHR” mechanic, now it’ll be very hard to chain-lock, chain-stomp, etc. Duels will last forever (e.g. 70min per duel) because you no longer can do a proper combo (especially as a melee hero) as your opponent will just be able to immediately teleport away all the time… the clear outcome is that PVP becomes less skill-demanding, less exciting, unremarkable and really not fun playstyle; it becomes genereic, like the plenty other modern games. The only way to play PVP will be with a selected few ranged heroes brainlessly shooting spells from 2 screens away (e.g. bone necro, sorcs, bowazons, etc) playing passively. Say goodbye to melee and semi-melee heroes. By introducing this harmful concept of temporary FHR-immunity you basically reduce the complexity of PVP. Sure, this way you make it more accessible to the casual players with slow fingers who lack skills. But let’s acknowledge the fact that those casual players will anyway do a couple of duels, then leave and move on with their lives. So let’s not forget that PVP is actually a game mode destined for the professional, dedicated, hardcore playerbase with superior gaming skills, APM and low reaction time. In the end, it is us PVP players who invested tens of thousands of hours in playing D2 for the past 22 years, hence we basically kept the game alive. Because we’re passionate, because we’re junkies for the dopamine and adrenaline that the outstanding PVP rhythm in D2 gives us. Unfortunately this excitement will now come to an end if you really choose to simplify and dumb-down this important FHR mechanic. Please respect your hardcore professional gamers and please take care of our PVP scene. Let me tell you now that the new temporary FHR-immunity mechanic (and similar concepts like diminishing returns or cooldowns) is outrageous, has no place in our beloved oldschool D2, and will be the end of our exciting D2 PVP gaming. It’ll be a shame…

(2) With the recent significant damage buffs to certain skills, I see mainly 3 heroes which would be totally Overpowered in PVP: bone necromancer (bone spirit/bone spear), bowazon (guided arrow/multishot), fist of heavens paladin (in particular the so-called V/T hybrid - fister/smiter/charger). (ah, not to mention AFK auradins) The significant buffs to those skills will practically render all other characters/builds useless and obsolete.
To properly balance PVP, just add additional koefficient with which to appropriately divide the damage of the tremendously overpowered skills like bone spear/bone spirit/guided arrow/fist of heavens, etc. You know, like the already existing static damage penalty for PVP (was it 6 times less damage?). The new concept should be skill-based, so every skill that needs further damage tuning for PVP will be done with its own value/weight, e.g. 0.75x(bone spirit dmg) and 0.85x(bone spear dmg), etc.
This way bone spear/spirit can have high damage in PVM, because bone necro really struggles in PVM starting from like /players 4 and above. Yet, it won’t be overpowered in PVP due to the special penalty with a dedicated koefficient.

2 Likes

Pvp in hardcore is irrelevant and unskilled.
Seems like you did everything wrong in this game.

1 Like

Maybe because it’s the same 5 or 6 of you posting in the 3 or 4 topics you create pretending that this non-issue is somehow an issue, that has people responding to you in such a way.

Just a reminder that balancing the game around PvM does nothing. Though balancing the game around PvP does nothing to PvM. Whose competing in PvM anyway - sounde silly, huh?

Who’s taking PvP serious and is competing on a PvM game? Go play real PvP game that actually, you know, require some skill?

PvP is irrelevant in D2. Always was, always will be. FFS it was just added for few laughs, game doesn’t even have PvP arenas.

Spreading more misinformation even after earlier, eh?
Try to re-read the post I have written more than 10 times to comprehend it slightly. It’s honestly simple English.

You’re almost right though: PvP is irrelevant and unskilled.

2 Likes