[2.5] Pvp is still compromised - Fast Hit Recovery / Stun Issue

Dear Blizzard,

I think you forgot the most important thing in your last patch so i repost this.

Please listen to the PvP Community - keep the game as good as it was for 20 years.

Listen to players that played D2 Lod that far and just ask to do the same with D2R.

PvP in Diablo II is a masterpiece, fast paced and extremely fun. Even after 15 years i still enjoy pvp with this remaster.

But with this new patch, the future of PvP is compromised because of this change :

Developer Comments: We want to fix some of the awkward lockouts that reject player input from casting skills. For PVP, we added a way to reduce hit recovery spam to prevent edge cases of characters being locked out for too long.

Note : This change is a PvP only change and doesnā€™t affect PvM at all.

Some background, Stun is one of the key feature and mechanic that makes pvp fun. Stun works with fast hit recovery (fhr), basicly the more fhr you get the less affected by stun you will be.

However, there is some deadly combo (but very hard to do for some of them - here come the skilled part of PvP) that could lead to instant kill like :

• for smiters : ā€œsmite (give swirlies to opponent) then Fist of Heaven (Foh)ā€ ā†’ opponent stunned
  • for hammerdin itā€™s even harder and deadly : smite then Foh (opponent stunned) then teleport + hammers = kill or at least 1-2 hits.
  • for elemental druid (tornado) itā€™s even harder but very efficient if done well : close to opponent turn into bear form then use shockwave to give swirlies then turn off bear form uses volcano (opponent stunned) then teleport and tornado = deadly.

To counter stuns, in D2 Lod we had a feature called ā€œWSGā€ based on Weapon Swith that broke your fhr for a very short time (by pressing Swith hotkey multiples times in row) and helped you to escape deadly situation and even sometimes (with very good timing) to counter attack. However, WSG was not easy to do and requires practice and timing - it even became an art on some characters such as amazon and necromancer.
But WSG was removed with D2R - sadly.

In D2R you still can walk in south and avoid partially deadly situation after being stunned.

However, the problem was with mindblast with multiples traps (lightning and fire), sometimes the players could not escape at all. And it was even worst in Team vs Team with multiple stuns added to mindblast like leap for example. But that occurs in very few situations.

Patch 2.4 ā€œFHR fixā€ was made in order to fix this issue - but honestly itā€™s a disaster for all others characters and duels in this game.

After the first hit, you get a stun immunity now.

• All combos listed above are now useless
  • Fhr is now an useless stat basicly
  • Trapsin is indeed not broken anymore but itā€™s now an useless PvP character
  • Team vs Team becomes stupid, there is no tactical gameplay, offensive and defensive part since stun is inefficient
  • Being an offensive and ā€œskilledā€ player is just frustrating and unrewarding, there is no reason to put pressure on opponents since they can escape and even counter attack you (while in this stun immunity)

Players can just teleport around and spam random skills without being interrupted/stunned. The game will end in a defensive fest with random shooting and randomly kill opponents - kinda sad when you know how intense and skilled can be D2 PvP.

How to fix this ? I see only this solution for now :

• Revert back to 2.3 Fast hit recovery and stun system

• Or revert back to 2.3 FHR mecanic and add a similar feature as WSG in D2 lod that could be a new hotkey for example that players have to press multiples times (like 3-4) to shortly break FHR and escape stun.

• Or revert back to 2.3 FHR mecanic and touch only Mindblast but in a smart way.
    For example, after 4 or 5 mindblast you have that stun immunity. That would balance duels against trapsin without touching all other characters and mechanics.

Please consider this solution and let us enjoy the game we like so much.

There is a problem, you canā€™t just ignore it :

Listen to us, PvP is a key feature of Diablo II.

Thank you.

DHA

9 Likes

Blizzard, give some love to the PvP community. Personally, I only PvM, but understand this is a important element of the game. Please make this a priority for 2.5.

4 Likes

When I first heard about the release of Blizzardā€™s ā€˜StarCraft Remasteredā€™, I was more worried than happy. It was because of the various behaviors that some game companies showed in the name of remaster. The name sounds plausible, but when you open the lid, there were too many dishonest re-tangibles, or selling memories, whose purpose is to rob the gangsters.

As more and more people are deceived by their sloppy perfection, users often compare remakes or sequels of classic games that have appeared in a long time to their first love. It means that it is better to leave it so that it can be kept as a good memory, rather than causing disappointment. ā€˜StarCraft Remasteredā€™ was no exception.

In conclusion, it was a breeze. The ā€˜StarCraft Remasteredā€™ that Blizzard met at the demonstration for reporters was the perfect first love. The picture quality has improved remarkably, and the original gameplay that was loved before is the same. Various units, which were roughly expressed in dots, are admiring the detail in every nook and cranny. Since it was a game 18 years ago, there would have been few resources left by the seniors, but it seems that the Blizzard Classic Game Team, which has created ā€˜StarCraft Remasteredā€™ brilliantly with passion and imagination over the past year, has worked really hard.

Most of all, it is impressive that the 3:4 aspect ratio screen has been changed to a 16:9 widescreen mode. The wider the screen, the more information you can see at a glance. This means that units and buildings that were previously pushed out of sight are now visible in the remastered version. This is a huge change in RTS (real-time strategy) games where information is important.

News (in ROK)

original source

2 Likes

I hope Blizzard doesnā€™t trample on the memories of the past anymore.

1 Like

Really hoping we can get our 2.3 fhr back at the very least.

2 Likes

I really wish yeah. :slight_smile:

If this aint gonna be changed soon enough, i bet 95% of all pvpā€™ers in our community will quit the gameā€¦ so yea, if you could listen to us for once it would be absolutely outstanding and we can have our beloved old d2 pvp backā€¦

1 Like