Diablo II: Resurrected PTR 2.5—Terror Zones - PTR is Now Over

Yes, but come on! We’ve been asking for things much more important for a long time, and then, out of the blue, they come with something nobody asked for? Is this what they call “listening to the player base”?

14 Likes

Actually, there have been many requests for additional end-game activities. It’s understandable, people tend to get bored of the end-game being running Baal, Diablo and Nihlathak over and over and over and over and over and over and over and… Oh you get the point.

Baal/Diablo/Nihlathak runs aren’t going away… I can see this being a good way to shake up the monotonous runs.

5 Likes

What is the difference between D2 ‘Terror Zones’ and D3 ‘Rifts’?

This is not the ‘end game’ content extension we are hoping for…

That was the initial thought of mine as well, until I saw that they only happen once per hour.

My fear is the future potential that this time will be reduced or even eliminated, and the Terror Zones will basically turn into rift/gauntlet areas.

yea man, plugy would be awesome, fook everything else

1 Like

Very disapointed - Nothing about PvP.

Nothing to fix the terrible Fast Hit Recovery / Stun interaction in Players vs Players introduced after Patch 2.4.

How can you ignore that problem after 1.2k likes and 11k views on the topic ?

There is a problem, you can’t just ignore it :warning: :warning:

11 Likes

Ehh. It’s a nice feature, and does help address the leveling concerns in a way for solo play, but won’t get people off of Baal runs. However, disappointed in no stack tab, which is probably the most requested thing that the community can generally agree to. Doesn’t look like any runewords either. Won’t even bother with ladder myself now. Guess it’s good, since I did primarily want to play my non ladder characters.

Guess Seks might have to play now, since he got something similar to what he wanted in his massive lists, lol

4 Likes

So this caters pretty well to the “gotta go fast” zoomer crowd I guess? nothing signficant for the older players and nothing really for QoL. At least it’s something…

oh and some “bug” fixes to make it even more impossible to die

Thank you for the content. Please, do something about unobtainable runewords being the best items, buff terrible class sets, and make conviction aura easier to obtain for all or nerf it in to the ground.

4 Likes

They’re still going to be doing those same runs for like 90% of the time though. Something someone can do once an hour is terrible in a game like D2 that is based on repeatedly farming things.

3 Likes

one thing you all need to understand is that it’s not once per hour, it just changes every hour. And you find out what it is during that hour every time you join a game

source: go play the test realm

7 Likes

Okay, that’s at least better and what I was wondering. That’s actually a good change then imo. Would still like to see QoL and balance changes though.

4 Likes

There are several areas that can become terrorized… The question is, is it only one area per hour? Is it one per act per hour? Is it a few random ones in all acts per hour? Not seeing any specifics on this.

Also, can the area become terrorized after it’s already been cleared? If so, do the monsters respawn?

I’m guessing it’s something they’ll be zeroing in on with the PTR.

So whenever you create a game, the area that becomes terrorizes is the area that is active during that hour.

I’m not sure if it will update in-game when the hour changes if you’re in the same game, you might have to create a new game for the next area ( Not that we would spend an hour in a game anyway )

But for example, if the jail level one is active during that hour, every game you create in that hour will have that area terrorized

3 Likes

Do terror zones apply to classic (non-expansion)?

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty nice then. The wording made it seem like it would only be able to be done once an hour. A new repeatable farm is nice. Thanks for the info.

Real talk now, when does the next season begin? Let’s get at least 2 weeks notice so we can be degens and schedule days off!

1 Like

This is HUGE. The days of Baal spamming are over. Terror zones sound incredible!!!

9 Likes

Any plans to have more stash tabs or a currency tab in the near future or at the very least have a separate character limit for Ladder and Non-Ladder?

1 Like

Lol wait. What about immunities? Oof this feature isn’t going to go over too well for most builds then.

3 Likes