Diablo 2 Resurrected - Player Vs Player - Model , Concept , Ideas , Design , Suggestion

hey everyone

in an attempt to bring back the concept of WSG & revert the utterly flawed changes with good intentions that were aimed specifically towards
Player Vs Player & only apply towards Player Vs Player by the individuals in control
i came up with a fitting model for Diablo 2 Resurrected on all fronts
that will improve the overall quality of the game visually & playability wise.
The model & featured mechanic is based on D2 Lore / Story & understanding of core fundamental PvP design in ARPG etc.
a good game design consists not solely but to a very large margin on the possibility of applying Crowd Control
there are different forms and a large variety of CC
the one that needs attention in D2 R is called Stun and the repeatability of Stun , Stunlocking a Target in Place
for a reasonable amount of frames within the game
while offering a mechanic that is based on player input having the potential to negate those
( this is what WSG was )

The new model / mechanic is called Tyraels Wings & only applies to Player Vs Player which also serves partially as a hostile indicator
Reason ? look above & or - > Faster Hit Recovery / Stun /Diminishing Returns / Immunity Frames / KnockBack / Player Vs Player

Tyraels Wings properties:

Displays Tyraels Wings on a Character upon being hostiled
Displays Tyraels Wings on a Character that is hostile

Tearing off Tyraels Wings results in the loss of having Tyraels Wings on your Character displayed
( When your Character torn Tyraels Wings off & is being hostile towards a new Player or hostiled by a new Player
a Character displays Tyraels Wings until torn off again ) [ Hostility Indicator ]

Tearing off Tyraels Wings will be assigned to “Mercenary Screen” ( Controls )
Tearing off Tyraels Wings via the “Mercenary Screen” wont open the Mercenary Screen when your Mercenary is dead
Tearing off Tyraels Wings via the “Mercenary Screen” will open the Mercenary Screen when your Mercenary is alive
Tearing off Tyraels Wings results in resetting your Faster Hit Recovery Animation / ( frames while stunned ) ( or partially lower it )
Tearing off Tyraels Wings can be used indefinitely
Tearing off Tyraels Wings after Tyraels Wings are torn off already will be indicated by a tiny visual effect / animation

this is 1 idea it can be replaced with another one that might also fits D2 Lore etc.

let me know if you like this intended feature which doesnt go against the game design
but rather supports it & the lore / story behind D2 at the same time simultaneously

thoughts , changes , ideas appreciated
have a good week !

some quotes

Tyrael

“He has intervened for the sake of humankind time and again, for he sees the potential for heroism and selflessness in each of us. He has even acted against the mandates of his fellow Council members to fight on our behalf. For that alone I always have and always will believe in him.”

“Tyrael does not understand. He cannot see beyond the glory of battle. In time, he may. But that day is not yet here.”

“I did call them abominations…and I was wrong! My vote is for them…For I would see what they might become…and marvel in it.”
—Tyrael vouches for humanity’s continued existence

“What happened when you destroyed the Worldstone?”
“The resultant explosion dispersed the light and harmony of my angelic being. Without form or shape, I restored myself within the realm of Pandemonium. It took me twenty of your years, but finally I returned home to the High Heavens.”

“You cannot judge me. I am justice itself! We were meant for more than this! To protect the innocent! But if our precious laws bind you all to inaction…then I will no longer stand as your brother.”

“Forevermore we shall stand together, angels and men, in the light of this glorious new dawn.”

What?

I dont get this topic.

2 Likes

I think this is some sort of lewd fan-fic involving the players and Tyrael.

i dont care about the Lore / Story one bit
i only care about the game in principle & attribute

it is provided to have a reasonable & fitting implementation of the mechanic other than
what it does to not come of alien to the game

please stay out of topics that are of no interest to you and farm +1 posts on topics that
dont provide any logical arguments

this topic is for the devs & PvP community
given by me for free

I dont understand why you made so complicated explanation. You could just say that you want wsg back as its virtualy what you describe. You just for some reason call it tyrael wings. If i understand it right, sorry but your topic is rather consfusing with meshing up together lore snd pvp stuff.

This… Thats all they need to do nerf stuns. Then you dont need any tyrael wings.

1 Like

He is right about most of the PvP communauty wanting WSG back instead of the current poor state of the game. We dont really care if its wsg or tyrael wings or w/e, you can call it how you want and make it looks how you want,we want the core of that mechanic back. A way to diminush stun that rely on your reaction time and skill

I dont think Blizzard wants to bring wsg back sadly, so i’ll settle for the state of 2.3 regarding stun, instead of the current broken pvp we have in 2.4…

1 Like

Amen brother. I think returning wsg is what people want but blizzards hands are tied because of their design dogma and lack of understanding.

1 Like

thats what the topic is about

1.reverting the flawed changes that go against what the game is based of
2. pointing out why ( linked topic )
3. bringing back the concept of a mechanic as an intended feature
4. explaining why this mechanic is necessary
5. hinting at how this feature will be brought about via suggestions & design choices that are not alien to the game
6. highlighting the problem on how to think

all thats left is finding a fitting model and by giving out one for free
they know how to go about it

all of this is very simple stuff and fits the core game design since the ideas and design were taken only from the game in a redirectional fashion

to give an example why lore / story / theme based stuff is somewhat important is to not
come of alien to the game when masking or implementing a feature
introducing something that isnt based on anything is flawed

-Display modern technology in D2 = No / invalid
-Display Guns in D2 = No / invalid
-Display Tanks in D2 = No / invalid
-Display Cars in D2 = No / invalid
-Display Robots in D2 = No / invalid
-etc…= No / invalid

it is already established that a mechanic with a potential to negate a certain type of CC
based on player input is necessary , healthy to the game , superior to the negation via automation of any form of CC gated by time variables alone
reason → leads to a slower , flawed and unstable version of the game , ultimately leading to deterioration of keyboard , mouse inputs and general control aka it becomes a boardgame where the only necessity is strategy or the lack there of
check linked topic