"You don't need mythic gear for world content" Is true, but

Forget mythic or heroic, every time they try to make even normal-quality outdoor content people complain like mad.

2 Likes

Why do you lie? Go watch the preach video where he talks about soloers and all types of players.

If you are not lying. We are not talking about the same things. rolls eyes

3 Likes

Hello, I see you replied to my post. Iā€™m not lying, you are, haha! Maybe you should actually watch that video again! Whatā€™s more, why would they NERF outdoor item levels in Dragonflight if what you are saying is true!?

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

1 Like

I look forward to seeing how 10.0 plays live.
My takeaways from beta:

The world has normal areas that felt much better at 70 than Shadowlands did at 60. The initial gear rewards felt good to get.

There are elite areas that are a little beyond my comfort zone, but have rewards that will be tempting me to spend time there. If the world is well-populated, it will probably feel good to fluidly cooperate with others without formal grouping. If the world is underpopulated, it will likely be less enjoyable ( for me ).

I expect to spend a lot more time gathering crafting materials in DF than I have in recent expansions. It is hard to tell from my shallow beta play how deeply engaging/rewarding it will prove to feel. Thatā€™s the biggest unknown to me right now.

Anyway, I just donā€™t feel like rehashing our usual debates at this point. I am awaiting to see how to see how 10.0 experiments go for all of us.

Because time and place for it.

Having hard solo or duo content is fine, but in the open world it really is not.

Tough content in open world is stupid, and becomes tedious. mobs being sponges and can kill you easily while you farming resources is not ā€œfun and engagingā€ content.

You can have big bosses and such in the open world, but the normal content should never be tedious like a dungeon.

1 Like

Uh huh whatever you say. Donā€™t got time to debate with someone who lives in own world. Ion openly admits what i said, and even preach comment on it. Have a great day kiddo! Iā€™m done with you.

3 Likes

Hello, I see you replied to my post. Itā€™s so weird watching someone be in such denial, haha! Iā€™m sorry you are upset! Maybe a nice piece of pumpkin pie would make you feel better!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

1 Like

I was having zero troubles in the Maw below 200 ilvl back in December 2020.

People were stupid. They didnā€™t use the grappling hooks and teleports to get around, and they kept causing a ruckuss by mowing down large swaths of the jailerā€™s stoolies, then wondering why their jater hate meter was so high.

Which is exactly why Blizzard started putting alternate power progression in the game: Artifact Weapons, easy Legendaries, and Heart of Azeroth.

And people hated ALL OF THEM because ā€œitā€™s too much workā€.

Mythic world content would be group content. Many of these events take the form of requiring two things

1. a high minimum # of players
  2. 10 or so people who are by far more important to the success of the event than everyone else.

Mythic overworld solo content does not exist because the overworld is public. Whatever parts of this game are solo, have already died off or they are in bad shape,

And they said they hired like 300ish people to focus on world content and solo play style. So we shall see if they really do care about giving quality content to the world.

Overall Dragonflight is a make or break deal for many players. So we shall see.

I wouldnā€™t mind a piece of pumpkin pie. I could go for some leftoversā€¦ mmmā€¦

World gear at that level of power was typically always associated with crafting, so having that back is nice. Makes those professions feel like less of a total joke.

Titanforging was useful for getting over speed bumps in that system. There were certain plateaus one could hit where one was stuck waiting for a specific slot to be offered, but titanforging offered a second path to making progress.

1 Like

Your memory is poor, then.

There were many, many, many more.

3 Likes

You really want A boss like Halondrus just roaming around?

I actually liked Horrific Visions. I think people failing them due to lack of skill was a good thing. What bothered me was the RNG prevalent in so much of BFA.

2 Likes

No we donā€™t. They have had normal raid gear for solo players all expansion long

Problem is Blizz trying to please a huge spectrum of people whose wants are conflicting.

Do a lot of people want challenging solo/open world content? Probably.

Do a lot of people want easy solo/open world content? Also probably.

Pleasing both groups though is almost impossible.

1 Like

Did you actually read what you quote?

1st 55y/o saying he canā€™t keep up with the fast paced gameplay.

2nd not a solo player complaining about difficulty, just a unhappy player complaining about content.

3rd tank player complaining about how hard it is to do it as a tank, a fair balance issue in a solo time event.

4 an actual solo player or at least supporter asking why there are complains about it with a lot solo players actually supporting him and the content.

5 undergeared player complaining this is one actually on point for your argument.

6 someone who actually raid and does m+ complaining not a solo player.

From those only the old dude and the undergeared are actually solo player complaining about difficulty however there is one raider and m+ player and the other is a thread with a bunch of solo players actually mad at people who are complaining

So while ofc there is people complaining this examples you pick donā€™t show this overwhelming solo player complains you try to paint.

Visions were fine. If you wanted really good rewards you had to get really good at them. If you didnā€™t want to or werenā€™t able to do well then you didnā€™t get good rewards.

There is nothing wrong with that. A player should be rewarded based upon their abilities, not their desires. If you struggle in normal raids why should you get heroic or mythic rewards?

There were problems with the system (rng) but those can all be fixed.

Ultimately the problem WoW suffers from is they cannot iterate sufficiently. They have been inventing borrowed power systems, iterating on them, getting them to a decent (although never ideal) spot, and then scrapping them and starting over. Legion legendaries, Azerite armor, essences, corruption, conduits and covenants, etc.

Thatā€™s part of why Iā€™m some hopeful for Dragonflight. With talent trees there are a lot of really bad decisions, but they can be fixed as Blizzard iterates on the same core system. Example: Demon Hunters having Unbound Chaos, Initiative, and Momentum. Terrible design, it should be its own spec. They can iterate on it, however, and improve it over time.

1 Like