I am done with Horrific Visions

As a casual player who enjoys taking his time, working smart rather than trying to race a clock with twitch game play with his 55 year old hands, I find Horrific Visions to be completely un-fun, stressful, and a thing that does nothing but fill me with anxiety. After the game crashing in one and losing my progress, I am done, especially if I have to run four of them per week. No thanks. I now no longer care about my cloak and will continue to raid with it at 488 until Blizz overhauls the game play so that I can take my sweet time, no longer having to beat my head against a clock and praying that I don’t disconnect or crash again. The last thing I want a game to be is stressful and like a job. Fix it.

160 Likes

I’m as old as you my friend. I don’t think they are quite that dramatic, but Stormwind Visions are not as easy as the Org ones so maybe just wait until next week.

You just need to get the 2 easy sections done to get your 2 pages, don’t need the boss for upgrade, so it’s not too hard for the minimum stuff you need for upgrading.

I also got dc’d and lost progress a few weeks ago, it sucks but I’m actually enjoying Visions. As Prot it’s not as easy as most, and I’m no pro player by any means, so maybe just hold onto your keys until Org comes around. :grinning:

23 Likes

Seriously that timed content is so extremely frustrating.

I remember playing Donkey Kong 64 and nearly died of stress on the last level where you have 30 minutes to do a series of tough mini games just to fight the last boss. If you failed to do all that in 30 minutes, you were blown up by homing missiles.

That’s part of the Mythic + “excitement” mentality. Which is not exciting and instead another frustrating mechanic that causes players to flame each other more.

I can see that some people like that added stress to complete content. But… It’s not good.

70 Likes

Yeah, even with Mythic+, you can take your time if you just want completion.

11 Likes

Than do it in a group, god forbid something be timed…

11 Likes

I’ll be done next week when it upgrades to the blue one. I think it’s just 1 more run?

No. Unless Blizz removes a penalty timer, I have no interest in Horrific Visions.

40 Likes

If you have proper upgrades on the cloak research it becomes trivial, don’t rush full clears if your cloaks not up to date

9 Likes

No, Fabermor, I am done with them. I don’t want to do them in a group, either.

14 Likes

I was done the moment I got my Mail Muncher. I detest mythic+ content and it’s clear as day that they sprinkled a bit of it with visions seeing as we still have those annoying timers and dumb affix mechanics (hot feet, etc.) to deal with.

17 Likes

Tasle, I don’t rush full clears. I don’t enjoy even clearing two areas with all the annoyance mechanics and the possibility of not completing due to something beyond my control. It’s a brutal, hateful mechanic and it needs to go.

34 Likes

All but the bottom talent, I did a full clear today. Run after with the talent, full clear with an extra charge left.

Don’t pressure yourself too much. Go at your own pace, keep it simple. Eventually, it’ll become easy–it already is on my DH far sooner than expected.

Trial, error, patience, don’t pressure yourself.

7 Likes

Scallion, thanks, but I am not here for a pep talk. This is me adding my voice to the “I hate this” crowd so Blizz sees it.

40 Likes

NP and I understand, just trying to raise morale!

10 Likes

All the mechanics are in your control. You can control where lead foot shoots you, and you can out play the other mechanics as well. It’s only difficult on the sw Mage tower.

But every mechanic and sanity loss can be negated by not standing in stuff, interrupting stuff, or positioning yourself quickly when the area affixs come up

5 Likes

Every single thing that happens in there is within your control… Pay attention to the debuffs you wont run around like an idiot… Pay attention to whats being cast you wont get smushed/stunned/feared…Pay attention to where you stand and you won’t needlessly lose Sanity…

Every single one of those are within a players control

5 Likes

Yeah Brille also has lots of experience playing wow. looks at the 20k achievement points

3 Likes

Tasle, I feel like you are not hearing me.

5 Likes

I like you. I am not here for a pep talk. :smiley:

8 Likes

They make it even easier to finish mythic + if you fail…visions are pretty dumb. Even if you can do a full run you’re forced to do 4 this week if you want to upgrade your cloak.

Visions aren’t fun unless you’re playing a DH.

5 Likes