"You don't need mythic gear for world content" Is true, but

If they feel it’s unbalanced, unfun or just plain dumb ofc they are, what bs argument is this? Raiders complain about mechanics all the time m+ about affix, if stuff needs balancing people will complain.

Citation needed

So you just guessing despite the fact it was in beta, which is the majority player is not solo? Ok dismissed

2 Likes

No, he didn’t.

What you’re getting in 10.0 is exactly what you’ve gotten all through SL.

He’s actually in line with what I and many others are saying.

IE : you want better gear, go raid or M+ for it. What you get is proportionate with the difficulty of what you’re doing.

Which isn’t tweaks to the artifact power system, and wasn’t an improvement.

Do both of you think if there was a cap on artifact power per day or per week, it would have been less awful for you?

No I think it’s better off removed from the game so I can do things I actually enjoy and not worry about it anymore.

1 Like

Wait, do you actually even want a progression system as a solo player? Or do you just want to do professions and level alts?

Because I also just enjoy doing professions and leveling alts, but I also do want some kind of progression system since I don’t raid. And I also agree the endless grind sucked, which is why it needed some tweaks.

1 Like

You hear what you want to hear, I’m sorry that Blizzard feels that mythic and raiding is not the only end game content, and they said future Dragonflight updates will keep that in mind.

With the revamping crafting, flying right at the start. He might be full of it, but his words are saying your grouping content is not all that matters.

I love that it rubs you the wrong way, with all that spewing you did. Thank you for the laughs.

1 Like

The BFA version would still have been bad because almost none of the Azerite traits were interesting gameplay. “X spell does y more damage” or “your spells have a chance to give you x secondary for y seconds” are not good effects.

As for legion, it would depend what the cap was and how it worked. A flat x AP per week would create forever behind characters.

The progression should be on our characters. Not some system that gets dropped for something else at the end of each expac.

It’s not the only thing I want to do but having more time for it is nice. I also want Brawler’s Guild back and wouldn’t mind something like Visions again.

Hey, if you enjoy eternal punishment, that’s you. That’s definitely not me.

1 Like

Therein lies the problem, I was doing some of that just fine before the SL pre-patch, then Blizz did the level squish, screwed up scaling, and told us to wait and get better gear. Is Dragonflight going to be the same song and dance, they screw up scaling, then we have to wait for 10.2 to get back to where we were. It’s again, ultimately Blizz messing up their scaling then refusing to fix it and be lazy and just say get better gear. Then I will ask for that better gear from my chosen form of content, or Blizz could fix the problem at it’s source, ie, make sure they don’t mess up the scaling.

2 Likes

I agree, which is why I said:

But I am a solo player, I don’t care about being “behind”.

I agree, I would have liked a tweaked artifact power system to continue into other expansions, and not azerite armor or whatever we got in Shadowlands.

It didn’t feel like eternal punishment for me, it just felt like I actually had a way to progress my character without having to raid.

I prefer the talent system back. It might not be perfect but it won’t be that never ending carrot that artifact power was.

Again, that’s you. I hated it and am glad it’s gone. :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab:

Hello, I see you replied to the thread. Hate to break it to you but you are the one that is wrong here! The context you are speaking on was about Season 4 not increasing item level at all in the open world! In fact, what is coming in Dragonflight was actually NERFED from it’s previous item levels, haha!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

1 Like

If you were talking about legion there, we were not intended to be able to solo legion stuff at the end of BFA. Only reason it was possible was how extreme the BFA power scaling was. SL brought power scaling back in line, and corruption stopped working.
If there hadn’t been the BFA-SL stat/level squish, we still would not have been able to solo mythic legion raids at level 50/120.

People genuinely freaked out when they had to get silver to queue for LFD.

We’re talking actual meltdowns.

2 Likes

Personally i wouldnt mind a hard W+ system for the world itself maybe cap it as heroic ilvl.

2 Likes

Update proving grounds, give it character stat templates, and require gold to queue for LFR.

I definitely missed that. I don’t remember what I was doing then. Maybe I wasn’t paying as much attention to what people were saying.

god that beast in argus wasted me soooo many times lmao

1 Like

Problem is, it happened, and players enjoyed it, then Blizz borked it, and told us to get better gear and if it really wasn’t meant to be, Blizz should have fixed it earlier. Blizz brought it on themselves. If the issues happen in Dragonflight and we are told the same BS of just wait and get better gear, it’s not going to go over well.

1 Like

I think the problem is, and this community has continually proved this to be true, that you cannot force people to improve. They will literally just quit rather than get better.

1 Like